The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Scheduling weight training sessions

Hello guys, it's been quite a while, and that's also because I've stopped lifting a few months ago. Yes, I know that it was a very stupid thing to do, but somehow, it's really hard to get back once I slipped out of it.

But anyway, here's the thing, I'm planning to restore my weight training schedule, but this time, it will be done in the face of my college life. I am planning to hold my training sessions every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. However, I will only be able to lift weights in the early morning or early evening. I do not know if either of these times would not be beneficial.

But what would probably be the best time to lift? Would it be in the early morning, or early evening?

Thanks!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    The secret is to be consistent. If you train 3 days a week, they should either be ALL MORNINGS or ALL EVENINGS.

If I went for evening training, say around 7pm, should there be a number of hours after training that I should stay awake, or would it be ok a few minutes after cool down and bath? I'm sorry of that question sounds stupid, but it just seems to me that strenuous physical activity might also affect my sleeping schedule? But then again, sleeping after training might help my body recover earlier than if I trained in the morning and still have the day ahead of me.

If I went for mornings, can it actually affect the way I perform at uni for the rest of the day? Hmm. What would be the best number of hours to sleep if I am to prepare for morning training?

PS. Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, but I am quite curious. And I do appreciate your response.
    Last edited by Andrei; 07-07-2009 at 08:46 AM.

Your thinking about this too much. Train when you can.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Haha. Ok. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockO'Bummer View Post
    The secret is to be consistent. If you train 3 days a week, they should either be ALL MORNINGS or ALL EVENINGS.
    Consistency is important but it doesn't matter if one training session is in the morning and another is at night lol. As long as your rest periods aren't drastically affected by it...

just get it done.

Working it out, working it bamazav's Avatar
    I actually prefer morning training. While there are days that I may be a little sore, or tired physically, typically, I feel better and more energized after I trained. My experience has been that the evenings lead to far more inconveniences and schedule conflicts than in the early morning. That is my 2 cents worth!
    Working on getting stronger in body, mind and soul.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified