Thread: Want to get back into lifting...

Wannabebig Member

Want to get back into lifting...

Okay first off, im not a new member to this site.. dont know what happened to my old account, as I havent logged in in over 3 years lol. Anyways, im 5'10 155 pounds. yes I know im skinny. Anyways, I use to lift weights back in the end of 05' i was lifting for about 3 months before I stopped.. i really wish I hadnt, but since then i havent stepped foot in a gym. But for the last couple of months i have been riding my exercise bike in my house. Now if I want to get back into lifting, will 3 days a week be enough to see some changes over 6 months time? The reason i say this is because I work 12 hour shifts and my schedule is always changing, I always work weekends.. that is my regular shift. But sometimes I am called on to work weekdays so I think 3 days a week is all I will be able to do.. I am just wondering if thats enough time in the gym to pack on some muscle in 2-3 months.. But of course I wont stop after 2-3 months, I would just like to see an improvement to keep me going. I live in a house with my parents, and the people that live downstairs, there son has been lifting for a year or so and he has some defintion to him.. but what he does is, hit the gym 4 times a week and he also runs and jogs constantly.. but he weighs right around what I weigh and he is the same height.. He doesnt gain weight so i think he is not gonna grow anymore. He is a lot stronger then me though, even tho he weighs the same and hes the same height. I realize that your not suppose to exercise if your goal is to pack on muscle.. but I hate myself when I look fat.. i some fat on my face and that is why I have been running on the exercise bike.. Is it possible for me to continue to exercise regularly and lift weights? Will i see muscle+weight gain in a couple of months time?
    Last edited by Girn26; 07-09-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Georgia Boy
    Yes you can see some improvements in a few months, but it is not magic you have to work at it. Have a solid workout routine- 3 days a week is fine- and a solid diet.

Wannabebig Member
    I understand that, but with exercising while working out, it will slow down the time it takes to build muscle, yes? also, I have very thin bones.. will increasing my calcium intake make my bones bigger?
    Last edited by Girn26; 07-09-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Georgia Boy
    When you say "exercising" do you mean something like cardio/?

Wannabebig Member
    yes, like going for a jog or most of the time i just like to go on the exercise bike in our house for half an hour, 4-5 days a week.. can i continue doing this while I lift weights or will it hinder my muscle growth?
    Last edited by Girn26; 07-09-2009 at 05:13 PM.