The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Want to get back into lifting...

Okay first off, im not a new member to this site.. dont know what happened to my old account, as I havent logged in in over 3 years lol. Anyways, im 5'10 155 pounds. yes I know im skinny. Anyways, I use to lift weights back in the end of 05' i was lifting for about 3 months before I stopped.. i really wish I hadnt, but since then i havent stepped foot in a gym. But for the last couple of months i have been riding my exercise bike in my house. Now if I want to get back into lifting, will 3 days a week be enough to see some changes over 6 months time? The reason i say this is because I work 12 hour shifts and my schedule is always changing, I always work weekends.. that is my regular shift. But sometimes I am called on to work weekdays so I think 3 days a week is all I will be able to do.. I am just wondering if thats enough time in the gym to pack on some muscle in 2-3 months.. But of course I wont stop after 2-3 months, I would just like to see an improvement to keep me going. I live in a house with my parents, and the people that live downstairs, there son has been lifting for a year or so and he has some defintion to him.. but what he does is, hit the gym 4 times a week and he also runs and jogs constantly.. but he weighs right around what I weigh and he is the same height.. He doesnt gain weight so i think he is not gonna grow anymore. He is a lot stronger then me though, even tho he weighs the same and hes the same height. I realize that your not suppose to exercise if your goal is to pack on muscle.. but I hate myself when I look fat.. i some fat on my face and that is why I have been running on the exercise bike.. Is it possible for me to continue to exercise regularly and lift weights? Will i see muscle+weight gain in a couple of months time?
    Last edited by Girn26; 07-09-2009 at 03:39 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Georgia Boy
    Yes you can see some improvements in a few months, but it is not magic you have to work at it. Have a solid workout routine- 3 days a week is fine- and a solid diet.

Wannabebig Member
    I understand that, but with exercising while working out, it will slow down the time it takes to build muscle, yes? also, I have very thin bones.. will increasing my calcium intake make my bones bigger?
    Last edited by Girn26; 07-09-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Georgia Boy
    When you say "exercising" do you mean something like cardio/?

Wannabebig Member
    yes, like going for a jog or most of the time i just like to go on the exercise bike in our house for half an hour, 4-5 days a week.. can i continue doing this while I lift weights or will it hinder my muscle growth?
    Last edited by Girn26; 07-09-2009 at 05:13 PM.