The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Bulking on a budget! (and other questions)

What are some of your favorite things to eat while bulking, that don't cost that much?

I'm not the type to avoid anything really, so fast-food, bad for me, or otherwise I don't really care. Just looking for advice.

Thanks!

Also if any of you work in an office I'd love to hear what you eat throughout the day while bulking.

Oh and this too, how many of you go on a bulk or cut without the aid of any supplements?

Also has anyone ever tried going with/without fish oil/multi's just to see the effect it has on them? What I mean is this, so many people take them and recommend them, but have they ever stopped taking them to see if they would even notice a difference?

Thanks again for any advice and input.

Trying not to die young.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I don't bulk but I know how to eat for cheap.

Milk - two cups or 1 tall glass equals 300 extra calories

Cheap $20 Blender- Great for mixing Peanut butter, cheap ice cream and milk. Enables you to consume 1500 calories in less than 5 minutes.

Oatmeal
    -cheap and you can cook it with milk.

Yogurt-extra 120-200 calories after each meal depending on brand. Combine that with milk and you get an extra 500.

Eggs

Nuts: Peanuts and Sunflower seeds are cheap

Cottage Cheese

There is a great thread with all these foods if you search for it.

Personally none of those oils or a multivitamin has done anything I have noticed for me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackboard View Post
    I don't bulk but I know how to eat for cheap.

Milk - two cups or 1 tall glass equals 300 extra calories

Cheap $20 Blender- Great for mixing Peanut butter, cheap ice cream and milk. Enables you to consume 1500 calories in less than 5 minutes.

Oatmeal
    -cheap and you can cook it with milk.

Yogurt-extra 120-200 calories after each meal depending on brand. Combine that with milk and you get an extra 500.
    Thanks these are the exact types of advice that I wanted.

I have a question about the oatmeal bit... everyone (or most people) talk about oatmeal or oats in their diet, but does everyone cook them? What about dumping them dry into the blender with whatever else you're having?

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Eggs

Nuts: Peanuts and Sunflower seeds are cheap

Cottage Cheese

There is a great thread with all these foods if you search for it.

Personally none of those oils or a multivitamin has done anything I have noticed for me.
    Thanks for the advice. Also for the comment regarding fish oil and multi's.

I know there's various threads out there but I am a master failure at searching this forum. I prove it to myself every time I want to find "that thread I read the other day about (whatever it was) ". Even with the search function I really don't find anything... I think I might be doing it wrong, like not using the advanced feature or not clicking the right search requirements or something.

Trying not to die young.

Banned
    Almonds!!! 450 cal approx for half a cup... Pop-Tarts, 400 cal for 1 pkg (not actually that bad for you).... Pb & J, Approx 500 Calls Each + not bad for you!!

For breakfast I eat half a cup of almonds and a pop tart...Approx 1000 cals, for lunch I eat half a cup of almonds and 3 pb & j's, another 1000 cals.... For dinner I eat meat, patatoes and some form of vegie with 2 8 oz cups of milk and a weight gainer shake before bed.... 4000 cal day which should work for ya

Banned
    oh and drink 2-3 32 oz of Gatorade daily and 64 oz's of water.... nice equal balance man!!!! well tis what i do lol

Quote Originally Posted by STATUS View Post
    Almonds!!! 450 cal approx for half a cup... Pop-Tarts, 400 cal for 1 pkg (not actually that bad for you).... Pb & J, Approx 500 Calls Each + not bad for you!!

For breakfast I eat half a cup of almonds and a pop tart...Approx 1000 cals, for lunch I eat half a cup of almonds and 3 pb & j's, another 1000 cals.... For dinner I eat meat, patatoes and some form of vegie with 2 8 oz cups of milk and a weight gainer shake before bed.... 4000 cal day which should work for ya
    I like this, very simple, very affordable. I'll have to look into picking up some almonds.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUS View Post
    oh and drink 2-3 32 oz of Gatorade daily and 64 oz's of water.... nice equal balance man!!!! well tis what i do lol
    Hmm if I was drinking that much I think I'd have to spend all day in the restroom. I'll see what I can do though because I know the recommendation is a gallon a day.

Thanks for the tips and advice.

Trying not to die young.

I put a cup of dry oats in a bowl, cover with water, microwave for 3 minutes. Then I mix in some protein powder/splenda.

As for supplements, I have gone off fish oil and I definately feel it in my joints and overall well being.

For cheap bulking, buying in bulk is the key. Grains are also going to be a great cheap source of calories. Oats, rice, pasta. Buy eggs, chicken, beef, cottage cheese in bulk. I do 99% of my shopping at costco even though I'm a single guy. I normally buy a few dozen eggs, few tubs of cottage cheese, few packages of chicken, few packages of sausage, vegetables, oats, etc every trip.
    Nick V