The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: fatigued

Wannabebig Member

fatigued

Last week i started german volume training and tonight will be my 5th workout. I build pools for a living and the last few days have been rough, physicaly. On top of that my 16 month old daughter has been sick and i have been staying up almost all night with her, getting about 3 hours of sleep a night. So my question is should i just grit and bear it though the workout tonight or should i rest tonight and hit it tomorrow with more energy?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Only you know if you feel up to it. Missing one day isn't going to matter in the long run.

personally, i wouldn't break my schedule unless it was physically impossible to go or i had something very important to do during that time

Considering the demanding (physically) job you have, I wouldn't go to the gym and just rest. It's horrible when you haven't slept and you work out hard and the next day it feels as if you can't even pick up yourself from bed.

Personally, I would just rest and hit it the next morning. I know It ruins your routine if you have a very strict one, but who cares, your body and rest are more importante. GO TO SLEEP MAN!!!!!!!!

I hate missing a workout, as well, but there are times when you just need rest, sleep and to miss a workout.
    Give chalk a chance.

49 years old

665 squat
    700 deadlift
    325 bench

I'm with Rbtrout, I try not to miss a workout. That being said though, if you really are too tired and you think an extra day of rest would help then take it. It sounds like your hands are full, take a break if you need one. It's a marathon not a sprint.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

GVT is an intense program, it may just be too much with the physically demanding nature of your job.

Bottom line, listen to what your body is telling you. If you just feel a bit tired or have a light sniffle/cold but feel like getting in, it's fine. If you feel absolutely shattered or are coming down with something, I think it's always best to get your head down and relax and get back in the gym when you are feeling fresh. Overall it will be better for your progress.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

yeah listen to your body, i personally HATE breaking routine so i would only if i absolutely had to. But as far as your taxing job, i wouldnt factor that in just the missing sleep and if youre too tired to go. If youre too tired dont go but if you think you can then give it a shot and just tell yourself its an easy workout day. Another few factors for me would be 1; can you get a good amount of rest that night and the following day or can you do the workout the next day without breaking the routine?

I find a nice hard work day actually helps my recovery, the moving around and lifting heavy things seemed to help my gains when i was a warehouse stocker.
    Last edited by Skalami; 07-16-2009 at 04:29 PM.