The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

365 & 405 reverse band bench

Here's some video of me benching 365 and 405 (well getting crushed with 405) using reverse EliteFTS light bands. Tell me what ya'll think and where it need to improve.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

365 looked easy for you! Keep training hard and I'm sure you'll that 405 soon. Good luck!

That was way too big of a jump for you. You really want to avoid missing weights in the gym. It creates bad habits and messes with your workload.

you don't look very tight on the bench but it's hard to see from that angle.

More lat, upper back work would help

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks Travis! The reason I jumped to 405 was that 365 felt easy. I already do about 4-5 sets of 8-12 reps for back work. Would you suggest that I do more back work?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
    Thanks Travis! The reason I jumped to 405 was that 365 felt easy. I already do about 4-5 sets of 8-12 reps for back work. Would you suggest that I do more back work?
    This is all the upper back work you do all week? You should be doing at least one upper back movement 2-3 times a week, be sure to vary the volume and intensity.

Also looks like you could use more leg drive when lowering the bar(basically you need to get tighter, like travis said.)
    Last edited by JRD; 08-30-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JRD View Post
    This is all the upper back work you do all week? You should be doing at least one upper back movement 2-3 times a week, be sure to vary the volume and intensity.

Also looks like you could use more leg drive when lowering the bar(basically you need to get tighter, like travis said.)
    No, I meant I do that much each training day (3 days a week). I've been thinking about doing back work by dragging a sled.

Wannabebig Member
    Ok try to do some heavy row movements (bent over, chest supported etc.) 3 sets of 5 with heavy weight one day of the week.

You need to get tighter/use more leg drive. It looked like your legs were semi relaxed when you lowered the bar then you pushed hard with your legs to try and heave the bar off your chest. You should be pushing your heals down as hard as you possibly can from the unrack to the rerack. Your allowing your back to flatten out and your shoulders to come off the bench by not pushing your upper back hard into the bench with your legs throughout the lift.
    Last edited by JRD; 08-30-2011 at 01:50 PM.