The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

First squat suit came in, some questions

First let me say I was unable to actually put the suit on. I got a super centurion. I am not using the shirt until my second competition but was just curious to put it on. I got it almost up... I was barely able to put on one strap. The other strap I knew wasn't coming on unless I had someone help me or some leverage. I also knew once I got it on getting it off would be a problem. Some things I have noticed...

It seems as if my thighs dont fill the legs completely. It wasn't loose but it wasn't tight either... I could still force my fingers under. I didn't get the suit fully on so I dont know if getting the suit up that last 2-3 inches makes the difference. I guess well see when I actually put it on.

The crotch as well didn't really allow my legs to open up. The squat stance I normally use was just about the widest I could go in the suit. Again I think this is just because I didn't put the suit on fully.

I think using the suit is going to fun! I am excited to see how it all works.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    its a huge difference once you get it all the way on, you should be abel to get your feet wider then. That is about how all suits go. With someone helping you get it seated, it shoudl go on easier.

If you get it up all the way you may be able to get both straps on yourself also.

I'm not a suit expert by any sense of the word, but I know you do have to get it on fully before you'll know if it fits correctly and/or lets you set your stance correctly. I prefer not using one. Most of the other guys here will be able to help you more. Good luck with it, I hope you do well.
    Give chalk a chance.

49 years old

665 squat
    700 deadlift
    325 bench

Your gonna need to get it all the way up before you try to squat heavy.It's pretty tough to push your knees out when it's not all the way on.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    It seems as if my thighs dont fill the legs completely. It wasn't loose but it wasn't tight either... I could still force my fingers under. I didn't get the suit fully on so I dont know if getting the suit up that last 2-3 inches makes the difference. I guess well see when I actually put it on.
    The crotch as well didn't really allow my legs to open up. The squat stance I normally use was just about the widest I could go in the suit. Again I think this is just because I didn't put the suit on fully.
    Yup, it's because you don't have it all the way on. I get mine on by my self by putting the straps on the J-hooks of the power rack and hanging and working myself into it.

Just curious, what suit did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTallOx View Post
    Yup, it's because you don't have it all the way on. I get mine on by my self by putting the straps on the J-hooks of the power rack and hanging and working myself into it.

Just curious, what suit did you get?
    Super centurion .
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

Get some suit-slippers/garbage bags, then put the straps through a barbell - rack the barbell and jump around...

if you got it that far on, you should be able to finish. just hang from the smith machine and do lunges and stuff. have somebody help you put the straps up so you can put them high on your traps. should be alot of fun working it in!

Super centurion .
    Nice, let us know how you like it. Im in the market for some gear after this meet as well.

Are you gearing up at all for saturday?

Also i was talking to barry and I hear there are 4 guys in our class. I am pumped!
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by danmac View Post
    Nice, let us know how you like it. Im in the market for some gear after this meet as well.

Are you gearing up at all for saturday?

Also i was talking to barry and I hear there are 4 guys in our class. I am pumped!
    I will not be gearing up aside from wraps and a belt saturday. The suit is for the London meet. Only 4? That's awesome! Maybe ill get a trophy haha.

I will not be gearing up aside from wraps and a belt saturday. The suit is for the London meet. Only 4? That's awesome! Maybe ill get a trophy haha.
    Hahah 4 is a ton, there was like 1 or 2 last year! Remember its junior. I think there's 75 lifters overall.

I hope i do well too, but i know i am going up against guys in gear so im ok with getting destroyed. My goal for this is to qualify for october, anything else is just icing.
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by danmac View Post
    Hahah 4 is a ton, there was like 1 or 2 last year! Remember its junior. I think there's 75 lifters overall.

I hope i do well too, but i know i am going up against guys in gear so im ok with getting destroyed. My goal for this is to qualify for october, anything else is just icing.
    I have the strength to qualify for october but the big guys want to tone me down for this competition as it's my first. I guess they know best. Well you and me aren't in gear so that's 50% lol.

I have the strength to qualify for october but the big guys want to tone me down for this competition as it's my first. I guess they know best. Well you and me aren't in gear so that's 50% lol.
    Lets just hope the other two guys are having the same discussion on some other forum haha.
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS