Alright, I figured I'd come to the source.

I'll explain my position, and you can tell me if I'm right or wrong.

I feel cleans (hang/power) to be completely useless in a bodybuilding sense, and I find that they're used for all the wrong reason. What are they besides an olympic lift?

Perhaps they recruit numerous muscle fibers. Most assuredly they are compound.

But how can we deny that they not only require JERKING but MOMENTUM as well to complete the motion?

A lot of people also say they help develope "power" and "explosiveness" but I wholeheartedly disagree. If you want to gain STRENGTH, use heavy weight.

If you want to get power (work divided by time) train using plyometrics or PRACTICE the movement you're doing (ie, if you need to jump high, practice jumping, don't practice exploding on leg press).

I hear a lot of "they made my traps huge" etc etc.

Why not just do deadlifts? I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can correlate an olympic strength movement and justifiably put it in a bodybuilding routine and say it will do much of anything.

It may give you explosive COORDINATION, but I fail to see what other benefits it possesses that could not be gained from other, better movements.

Oh, and MonStar, watch your tongue sometimes buddy, I have little patience for you flaming me.

Thorazine