The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: My Macros

Wannabebig Member

My Macros

I am 22, 193 lbs, 6'1". I have been trying to seriously bulk up in the past 1-2 months by changing my diet like you guys recommended. The only meat I eat is fish because I want to eventually become a vegetarian. My goal is to bulk up with muscle mass but lately I have been noticing I am gaining some fat in my stomach. Guess this is normal but it really irks me. This is an average meal plan for me:

Breakfast: 1 flaxseed oil pill, 5 egg whites, 1 scoop of ON Whey Protein, bowl of old fashioned oats or Kashi GoLean High Protein cereal, apple
    Mid Morning: 1 scoop of ON Whey Protein, Peanut Butter sandwich, 1 bagel, banana
    Lunch: Can of tuna wrapped in wheat tortilla, broccoli, black beans or red kidney beans
    Mid Afternoon: 1 scoop of ON Whey Protein, large handful of almonds, celery, bowl of old fashioned oats
    Dinner: Can of salmon mixed with large plate of egg noodles or brown rice, green beans or salad, black beans or red kidney beans
    Before bed: Lowfat cottage cheese, 1 scoop of ON Whey Protein (Either now or afterworkout at 6 before dinner)

So my Macros for the meal plan that I used yesterday:
    Calories: 3,298
    Fat (g): 70.4
    Carbs (g): 423.8
    Protein (g): 258.6

Fat (19%)
    Protein (31%)
    Carbs (50%)

I am attaching the screenshot of the foods I entered. So how does this look? On a lot of foods besides my proteins, I noticed I am using more than one serving. Should I just go to one serving for pretty much everything besides protein?

EDIT: It says that my file is to big to upload on here but all it is is 2 screenshots of my computer on two sheets of Microsoft Word. Any help on how I can show this to you?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Protein is good. I would add a bit more fat and drop the carbs just a bit if you want to stick to 3300 calories. Shoot for .5g/lb of fat so 95g or so of fat. If 3300 calories is working for you great, if it isn't enough then just add some more calories.
    Nick V

If your trying to gain and not gaining add more cals in. Typically add cals in from protein sources first, then other sources.

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

Wannabebig Member
    So it looks good though? My carb intake isn't way to much?

Wannabebig Member
    Bump

Carbs aren't too much if it is working. If your not gaining add some more of any of them. Nothing wrong with that much carbs if you trying to gain and not way over on calories.
    Nick V