Thread: Question on target body weight and BF%

Question on target body weight and BF%

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...eting-collide/

This section

1) Establish your daily needs – how much protein, carbohydrate and fat are necessary?

I’m assuming most of you reading this have established your daily requirement for protein/fat/carbohydrate, and that having experimented for a while, you know how you respond to each.

Anyone that hasn’t worked out what they should be eating should pick a goal, 200lbs at 10% bodyfat, for example. Work out the maintenance calories required for that goal, regardless of whether you need to gain or lose to reach it, i.e., work out what a 200lbs and 10% bodyfat version of you would need to eat to stay at that weight and condition.

So for anyone thinking of calculating that, there are a few equations that require you to just plug in the numbers, and you can find them on-line.

Be sure to use formulae that use not just your resting metabolic rate but also thermogenesis through exercise and non-exercise related activity as well!

Remember that all of these equations are based on an assumption that you are ‘average’, so you may need to adjust the figure after a couple of weeks. If you need to put on weight to reach your goal and you’re not, increase the calories by 250kcal and monitor for two weeks. Similarly, reduce by 250kcal if you need to lose weight and you’re not progressing by following your initial assumption.
    I'm probably an idiot (no I am an idiot), but I'm trying to find these calculators to figure out daily food intake to target a specific body fat % and weight. I can't seem to find a single one. Does anyone use something like this?

can't say that I do use one like this
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Why use a equation or calculator that may or may not be accurate when you can just track and weigh yourself to get an accurate number.
    Nick V