The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Sandbag Loading

Sandbag Loading

130lbs on a 53" platform. Any one see any areas I can improve?

Video

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but it looks like the first part of the movement is all lower back and no legs. I think you would asking for injury.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

I want to make it as close to atlas stone loading as possible.

Have to agree with BilltheButcher. First part of the lift looks really painful to me...it's actually hurting my back right now. If you google atlas stone loading and watch some of the videos, you'll notice how the only time the lifters use their lower back muscle is to pull up and back to situate the rock in position--their lower backs never become perpendicular to the floor (or parallel to the lift). In your video it looks as if you're pulling straight up with your lower back. Is your back strained after lifting?

I dont think the atlas stones are hard just because they weigh 200 or 300 pounds, but I think its more about the awquardness of the object being lift. Like you said the sandbags are all you have, and I think you lift it much like they do on TV. While their under pressure to get it up, I think they tend to neglect form and just do what needs to be done to get it up.
    BW 210 HT 6'
    BP 315x4 365x1
    S 315x6
    DL 405x5

Thanks for the comments.

I was going more for speed because its light. If it were heavier I would have to slow it down and set it on my lap and lift it from there do you think my techinque would be better if it was heavier?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by famous636 View Post
    Thanks for the comments.

I was going more for speed because its light. If it were heavier I would have to slow it down and set it on my lap and lift it from there do you think my techinque would be better if it was heavier?
    I think you did a good job bro, your working with what you have and thats dedication. Personally, I think the whole "injur ur back" thing is silly. I mean, we're all different. And im sure if it was hurting ur back u would know. But I do agree that you should try to keep good form. Keep it up bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Hernandez View Post
    I think you did a good job bro, your working with what you have and thats dedication. Personally, I think the whole "injur ur back" thing is silly. I mean, we're all different. And im sure if it was hurting ur back u would know. But I do agree that you should try to keep good form. Keep it up bro!
    Thanks I deffinitly see how I'm lifting from the floor wrong. What puzzels me though is when I "explode" the weight from my lap to my chest I am hyperextending my back to some extend and I didn't know if this was due to the weight or wrong techique.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Hernandez View Post
    Hmmmm...I agree with the first part - he did a great job, it certainly showed dedication. But the "injur ur back" thing is not "silly". Keep in mind, he posted this up because he wanted some feedback on his form. And sure, we're all different, but form is everything! If you aren't doing something right, you risk injuring yourself. Lower back problems are all too common when doing lifts like the atlas stone or squats without proper form.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tmor6 View Post
    Hmmmm...I agree with the first part - he did a great job, it certainly showed dedication. But the "injur ur back" thing is not "silly". Keep in mind, he posted this up because he wanted some feedback on his form. And sure, we're all different, but form is everything! If you aren't doing something right, you risk injuring yourself. Lower back problems are all too common when doing lifts like the atlas stone or squats without proper form.
    Back injuries do occur. But what im saying is that not everbody is the same, so normal techniques dont work for everyone. Look at that Konstavis deadlift guy, his form is wack but perfect for him. People are really quick to throw the dont hurt ur back argument. Rightly so there are a lot of people that do stuff wrong and hurt there back. But I believe that there is a postive to putting stress on your back, just like a muscle you need to stress it in order to handle more weight. Granted, its a fine line between that and hurting your back. If something is wrong with ur back, it will let you know!