The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Physiotherapy

Physiotherapy

So I went to the doctor for my knee. He says it isn't Osgood Schlatters from the X-rays he saw. For some reason there is inflammation where the tendon meets the bone on my tibia. He said I need to build up the patella's tolerance... and to start very light and build up. He recommends I go to physiotherapy and not to do any leg work at all until then (which is next week) and see what they say.

Now this is the thing... physiotherapy isn't covered by Ontario health care but it is covered by my school health plan... for up to 240 dollars worth. This gives me about 3 sessions worth of physiotherapy before I need to pay myself. I will probably just learn what I need to do and then do it on my own. I have never been to physiotherapy so I really don't know what to expect. How long do things like these take to subside? I want to compete at the end of August but now I'm not so sure I will be able to. If I don't compete than I lose my chance to qualify for the nationals.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Like any pain and inflammation, it depends on how much you aggravate it. usually things have to start somewhere, so if the bone isn't pulled away yet (osgoods) it might be in that transitional phase, so advice from doc was good. continue to ice it and i would say limit extreme flexion atg squats, otherwise, myself I would stretch, ice and anything else for inflammation that you normally take. How old of a guy are you? 1/2 and 3/4 squats should not pull no the tendon near as much as full or atg squats. I would also lay off worthless exercises like leg extensions (not that yu do them). Lemme know if this helps any. also, knee wrap for added support or comfort may benefit you. .02 cents
    The only good thing about my pain is that is reassures me that I'm still alive.
    Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger. I just hope this doesn't kill me.

I am 21.
    I will start icing it more and of course, lots of stretching.
    I find that working my hamstrings hard helps with the whole issue. I have knee wraps for support which I usually wear. Thanks for the help!
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

I used to have really bad issues with my patellar tendon until I caught up my posterior. **** tons of box squats and SLDLs fixed it for me.. now I just gotta get over this hip issue. I found that really squatting back onto a box helped my knees so much..

Not sure if you do that already, just fyi based on my experience..

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJake View Post
    I used to have really bad issues with my patellar tendon until I caught up my posterior. **** tons of box squats and SLDLs fixed it for me.. now I just gotta get over this hip issue. I found that really squatting back onto a box helped my knees so much..

Not sure if you do that already, just fyi based on my experience..
    I noticed after box squats and SLDLs a few days ago my knees seem to hurt a lot less. Perhaps ill go full out on hamstring work.

I agree box squats man... box squats. This is probably not news to you, but in any case, make sure you sit back in a way that your knee is directly over your ankle. Your shins should be perpendicular to the floor. I mean they can be greater than 90 but not less... Less means more towards toes. Remember squat up not forward. Last but not least... contract your abs first, then push your knees out to prevent buckling and simultaneously contract the glutes. You'll see what I mean if you do this.

I had knee issues too... what helped me is IT Band stretch and Band Leg Curls... However, those exercises might not be relevant to your knee pain. I would stay away from SLDLs for now though.
    When I die. I want to be frozen. And if they have to freeze me in pieces, so be it. I will wake up stronger than ever, because I will have used that time, to figure out exactly why I died. And what moves I could have used to defend myself better now that I know what hold he had me in.

Dr. Dudley-Robey DrDudley-Robey's Avatar
    Ask your doctor about NSAID'S (naproxen sodium) or a steroid (kennalog) shot into the knee. These will speed up the process
    Last edited by DrDudley-Robey; 07-27-2009 at 09:37 PM.
    Edward G. Dudley-Robey, M.D.
    www.DoctorBench.com