Thread: Weight Woe's, not body building, but I think you guys could help!

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Weight Woe's, not body building, but I think you guys could help!

Ok guys, I need some help.
    I'm cutting for a fight, and coming off of my last weight cut, I can't seem to lose weight, and it's extremely frustrating.
    Before my last cut I weighed 133 steady, and made an easy cut to 129. Afterwards, my weight shot up to 140, and stayed there. It literally would take me 2 months to get back down to 133.

Since 2 months is too long in between fights, I had to figure out why it takes so long to drop weight. I was eating 1800 calories/day, and still not losing any weight.

After troubleshooting my diet with a dietitian, he thought I should zig-zag my calories. He also thought for my level of activity, I was eating too few calories, so he asked that I increase my calories to 2800/day for 4 days, then 2400/day for 4 days. He said my weight would increase, but then I would start to lose weight as my metabolism revved up.
    So I tried that, and now my weight is stuck at 144! This is the absolute most I've ever weighed in my life, and I'm working out harder and more than I ever have before. I ride my bicycle 30/min every morning before eating, avg. 22 mph. Then in the afternoon I spend two hours doing bjj/wrestling/boxing
    On the flip side, I am not drinking all that much water.
    I need some advice, or a pointer in the right direction.
    Thanks guys.

Recently, I have been eating 1800 cal/day or so.

129 is a pretty low weight and let's not forget that if your weight naturally sits at about 140, it just ain't gonna be easy to get your weight down to <130.

The only real way is probably what you have already been doing - low calories and as much cardio as you can.

Don;t most fighters use extreme methods of weight loss to make a fight? (normally because it is not natural for them to actually be at that weight and something extreme is needed) Can you not use such methods?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Wannabebig New Member
    Yes and no.
    Weight cutting may seem extreme for you guys, but it's the norm for us. While I don't use diuretics, I do cut about 10 pounds via water weight using a sauna suit and albolene (a make-up remover which holds open pores) in conjunction with a sauna. This allows me to walk in on fight night 10-13 pounds heavier than my opponent.

However, 10lbs is about my max. I don't want to cut more than that, for fear of major over-heating issues.

I'm frustrated because only two or three months ago, I weighed 133 walking around, now I can barely break 140.

Please provide specific details of what you're eating.

And please please eat something before you get on that bike in the morning.

Wannabebig New Member
    Breakfast
    6 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    4 oz Fat Free Yogurt
    2 Scoops Whey Protein
    1 small bowl of Unfrosted Mini Wheats
    for about 930 calories

Lunch
    1 serving of Spring Green Salad (No dressing)
    1 medium Banana
    1 small pear
    1 small apple
    For around 340 calories

Dinner
    Bowl of Oatmeal
    1 medium banana
    1 small bowl of Unfrosted Mini Wheats
    for around 400

about 1700 calories total

i'm not to sure about boxing diets, but maybe try and cut carbs and eat more protein instead?

You're eating no fat and little protein. I'm not surprised you are having trouble losing weight.

The calorie intake is probably ok, you just need to completely change the contents.