Thread: difficulty building up

Wannabebig Member

difficulty building up

Hi, ive been going to the gym for about a year now, and before a started i was 10 and half stone. Now im 10 and half stone, lol. i just cant seem to put any weight on. Im not seeing any improvement in my arms or chest. Ive always had good abs and do a little work on them once a week but its hard to keep a rountine as i work nightshift so my days are my nights and the gym is only open during the day. Can anyone give any advice.

Cheers

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by davycop2411 View Post
    Hi, ive been going to the gym for about a year now, and before a started i was 10 and half stone. Now im 10 and half stone, lol. i just cant seem to put any weight on. Im not seeing any improvement in my arms or chest. Ive always had good abs and do a little work on them once a week but its hard to keep a rountine as i work nightshift so my days are my nights and the gym is only open during the day. Can anyone give any advice.

Cheers
    Eat more. If you are not gaining weight you are not eating enough. Maybe you could find a gym that is open 24 hours, not sure if those exist where you are?

Wannabebig Member
    Post your diet up.

ya, i'm sure it's your diet. eat more! don't wory about your abs for a while, eat and lift!

It's diet most likely. As you gain weight you need to eat more too! Read nutrition advice here:

http://www.36pounds.com/2009/04/22/8...aining-muscle/

And, maybe you could go to gym before going to work. If you are not working physical job than for sure it would be an option. I even went to gym early in the morning, went back home to leave my gym bag, make a shake and then head off to work in a warehouse. I still gained muscle with eating a lot (I even managed to eat 2 times at work).
    Lifts:

Bench Press 60kg 5x5
    Squats 77,5 kg 5x5
    Deads 112,5kg 5x5
    BB Rows 80kg 5x5
    Overhead Pr. 40kg 5x5

My training journal:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125238

What does a stone weigh??

Wannabebig Member
    cheers guys. ill try some off these.

A stone weights 14lbs, so he is 148lbs.

Davy, if you are not gaining weight, it's going to be down to hoiw you are training and how you are eating. You're doing something very wrong.

Make things simple for yourself and pick a nice, solid routine like this one - Wannabebig - The Original Routine That way you can take the routine out of the mix.

Then you have to really focus on your diet. Post here what you eat on a normal day and we'll put you right.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Read this article by Chris Mason too - it is a good read - Gaining Muscle Mass the Easy Way
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal