The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas

Farve Stays Retire

Yep, hes offcially hanging it up.

oppinions??
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Until next week.

meanwhile Brad Childress looks for another job.....
    stats:Bench: 285 goal: 305
    squat: 390 goal: 420
    dead: 405 goal: 445
    weight and height: 230, 6'2 age:18
    No strength within, no respect without.
    "Strength is not your physical capacity, its your indomitable will." http://freddy56.mybrute.com

As a Packer fan, I'm happy... I'd feel guilty if we put Favre in a coma after we played the Vikes. I'm also glad Favre didn't completely tarnish his Packer legacy, although it feels like 10 years ago when he was actually a Packer.

thank god, Favre is such a damn attention whore
    6'1", 215lbs

Deadlift - 475, Front Squat - 320, Back Squat - 405

I think he'll wait to see if someone gets injured, and he can squeeze in half a season.

His reasons weren't that "his heart wasn't in it", etc. It was the grind on his mind & mainly his body/surgically repaired arm.

Part of me would like to see him stay retired, and part of me would love to see him ride in on his horse and "save the day".
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

Ugh. Please stay retired Brent Faahvruh.

Hopefully this is the end of him making headlines with his shenanigans.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Quote Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
    Ugh. Please stay retired Brent Faahvruh.
    A COLTS FAN? your my new best friend on this forum.
    stats:Bench: 285 goal: 305
    squat: 390 goal: 420
    dead: 405 goal: 445
    weight and height: 230, 6'2 age:18
    No strength within, no respect without.
    "Strength is not your physical capacity, its your indomitable will." http://freddy56.mybrute.com

I like Favre a lot, he's a good ol' boy. But I think it's time to hang up the cleats for good.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

My opinion is he's said this before, lol. Personally, the last 14-16 months of hearing about Favre has gotten bored of him. He won one super bowl and played 3 years more than he needed to. His success two seasons ago was mainly driven by Grant's best rushing season and the defense was playing good. He has inflated stats due to playing beyond his means but it doesn't take away from what he did before that. The main infatution is that he played 16 seasons with one of the NFL's most storied franchises and never missed a game (pretty ****in' reliable). I fail to see the obsession with him, he had an 8-3 record going for him and then he started doing his routine of being a gunslinger. 22 touchdowns and 22 interceptions in 2008, it's time to walk away before he throws the most interceptions ever. Good career, hall of fame.
    23 years old
    5' 6"
    153 lbs

Bench: 315
    Deadlift: 400
    Squat: 425

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    Imo opinion i like Farve and I remember when he was a top 3 QB in the league back in the 90s he was a good guy

but honestly when i look back upon it i can say with confidence that Farve is the most overrated super star in the history of the NFL

He won a super bowl, but didn't have a great gave, Desmond Howard was the key to that game Farve threw one TD and Reggie white took over the game in the second half to shut down the Pats, he won his MVPs back to back to back from 95-97 were the super bowl years when he had great teams, and honestly prior to 2007 the best year he had was 1998 when they lost the divisional playoff game in January 1999 to the 49ers with that miracle catch from Terrel Owens over the middle. Since that Farve has only honestly been average, throwing just as many TDs as interceptions

When i watched Farve play it was haphazard and wild, which was great at times and awful at others, you never knew if he was going to give you 4 Tds and 350 yards or 4 picks and 100. Ty Detmer told the story of the year when they won the super bowl and Brett asked him what a Nickel defense was it was in a joking manner but i was liek wtf?

in all of the highlights of farve you never see him breaking down the defense. When you watch guys like Montana, Manning, Brady, you can see them looking down field breaking down a defense and picking them apart to me thats the art of quarterbacking, Farve just rared back and launched it as hard as he could, sometimes it worked, and some times it didnt.

And he got that mentality of a "Gun Slinger" which was cool but i want a QB whos consistent and can break down defenses and work the ball, and i dont have to workr about an interception every time he throws a pass in a tough situation

He throw an interception in his last play of his last super bowl in 1998, he threw a interception in his last pass of the wild card playoff game against the 49ers for the next 7 years he was nearly 1 for 1 TDs to picks, then he had a great season through a surprise team and in his last playoff game he threw an interception to end the game against the giants. Then he retired the came back to play for the jets, had a great first 11 games then just crumbled at the end of the season with a beaten and battered body. Imo Farve played 5 years too long

But i cant take the fact away from him that he is a warrior and was very entertaining to watch and is a no doubt first ballot hall of famer, But for the reasons i just explained to me he is the most overrated superstar in the history of the NFL.
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"