The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: this sucks

this sucks

so i just broke up w/ my first love... yep it went absolutely terrible. we werent dating for more than like 6 months but it was horrible. everything got turned around against me and she HATES me now. it just sux bc like i knew it wasnt gna b good, i just didnt expect it 2 be this bad. we r going to be going to school three hrs away from each other, and i just didnt feel that spark nemore. fml, this just sucks bc i know i hurt her alot and that she had no idea it was coming. am i in the wrong here? bc this girl made me feel like the absolute worst person in the world for doing what i thought was the right thing to do. it wouldnt have been fair to her to just keep going on like there was nothing wrong.
    18 yrs old
    176 lbs

Just looking to build muscle, not too worried about being cut

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I do hate the guilty feeling like I did something wrong. Don't let her know is all I could say. They can end up really using it and making you feel worse.

Pffft, crank some Slayer and get your bench on. Seriously, mental mindgames are pretty sick - especially when you have never seen that side of someone before, just remember that you could of been stuck with that!

Your 18 and your broke up with because you didn't think you could maintain a relationship while being 3 hours apart. I will admit that would be hard but it would be very possible especially if you were both willing to compromise.

I personally wouldn't have... I'm 2 years deep into school and I can tell you that college isn't as sterotypical as a lot of people think (coming from someone who goes to a bigger party school for my area). Yeah we drink, go nuts and do **** that our parents would probably kill us for but there's a difference from the "image" of college. Sure there are lots of women around... but its no different then being in a shopping mall. They won't throw themselves at you (unless you want annihilated drunk pussy).

If I loved a girl I wouldn't break it off because of school and I hope you didn't either. If you didn't think you could manage three hours apart for the next few years then maybe it was for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post
    Your 18 and your broke up with because you didn't think you could maintain a relationship while being 3 hours apart. I will admit that would be hard but it would be very possible especially if you were both willing to compromise.

I personally wouldn't have... I'm 2 years deep into school and I can tell you that college isn't as sterotypical as a lot of people think (coming from someone who goes to a bigger party school for my area). Yeah we drink, go nuts and do **** that our parents would probably kill us for but there's a difference from the "image" of college. Sure there are lots of women around... but its no different then being in a shopping mall. They won't throw themselves at you (unless you want annihilated drunk pussy).

If I loved a girl I wouldn't break it off because of school and I hope you didn't either. If you didn't think you could manage three hours apart for the next few years then maybe it was for the best.
    Nah, he didn't break up with her because of school.

He broke up because the spark was gone. That's essentially what it is...but he doesn't have the balls to tell her that, so he is using school as an excuse.

To the OP - be honest with her, tell her the spark is gone. Respect her enough for that.
    Last edited by Warrior10; 07-28-2009 at 01:12 AM.

lol the spark. If your relationships are based on the "spark", you're screwed. You will always choose girls that are wrong with you and end up here crying about it. You're supposed to picking the best partner for you, not who causes the release of the most hormones.

i recommend visiting a strip club

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post

I dunno about you but college is definitely way different than a shopping mall. It is 1000 times easier to meet women at college than pretty much any other time in your life.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    I dunno about you but college is definitely way different than a shopping mall. It is 1000 times easier to meet women at college than pretty much any other time in your life.
    Seconded, or co-signed, or whatever. College is THE BEST time to meet girls for the average joe.
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

Quote Originally Posted by twm View Post
    i recommend visiting a strip club
    Amen to that.

Nothing like a private show to lighten up the mood.

Banned
    Maybe she didn't like that you always typed in text?

go get some strange and you will feel better, I promise

Coming from the perspective of someone around your age, it was for the best. You werent even dating 6 months, shečll get over it. My buddy just broke up with his girlfriend of 3 years, and hes pretty down, but hečll get over it. Just tell her straight up, she is a great girl, but you just dont think shes right for you. Your 18 man, its not a big deal.

And then go get a couple 40s of colt 45, drink them, and bang a new girl.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    Nah, he didn't break up with her because of school.

He broke up because the spark was gone. That's essentially what it is...but he doesn't have the balls to tell her that, so he is using school as an excuse.

To the OP - be honest with her, tell her the spark is gone. Respect her enough for that.
    I did tell her that, she just doesn't understand how or why. When I try to explain to her that it just was not the same feeling I had as when we first started dating, she just doesn't imagine how it could have changed. I was just always stressed out, she grew up getting her way all the time and getting everything she always wanted and, I guess I just got tired of it. We would argue quite a bit when she was stressed I would become the punching bag; all of this which we have talked about before. I don't want to sound like I'm making up excuses or, simply thinking up reasons. I've thought about all of this for some time, and we have talked about how little we will actually see each other, she's not coming home from school next summer, and from my house it is still about two and a half hours away. It's not like we haven't talked before, the idea of breaking up never was talked about though, I guess I just was in a different mindset.
    18 yrs old
    176 lbs

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Detard View Post
    Coming from the perspective of someone around your age, it was for the best. You werent even dating 6 months, shečll get over it. My buddy just broke up with his girlfriend of 3 years, and hes pretty down, but hečll get over it. Just tell her straight up, she is a great girl, but you just dont think shes right for you. Your 18 man, its not a big deal.

And then go get a couple 40s of colt 45, drink them, and bang a new girl.
    Cosign Big Time!!!

Last edited by BigCorey75; 07-28-2009 at 09:20 AM.
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

I would help you out but it was very difficult for me to read your post. Did you write it on your iphone 3g?

This is a useless quote that means nothing but yet defines me as a profound intellect.

6'1", 220@9%
    Bench 420
    Deadlift 710
    Squat 610

Looking for the best supplements?
    http://www.atlargenutrition.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    Maybe she didn't like that you always typed in text?
    Haha, I was thinking this exact same thing.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    dnt wrry abt it bra, thngs will gt btter, u r only 18 and theres lots more wmn in cllge, yh it scks and u prbly feel glty bt its nt ur flt tht the sprk isn thre
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    dnt wrry abt it bra, thngs will gt btter, u r only 18 and theres lots more wmn in cllge, yh it scks and u prbly feel glty bt its nt ur flt tht the sprk isn thre n e more

fixed
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    dnt wrry abt it bra, thngs will gt btter, u r only 18 and theres lots more wmn in cllge, yh it scks and u prbly feel glty bt its nt ur flt tht the sprk isn thre

WTF does that say? Buy a vowel.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Seriously man, SLAAAYYYYYYEEEERRR!

i did write the original from my phone, haha sorry about that.
    18 yrs old
    176 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by wontstop View Post
    so i just broke up w/ my first love... yep it went absolutely terrible. we werent dating for more than like 6 months but it was horrible. everything got turned around against me and she HATES me now. it just sux bc like i knew it wasnt gna b good, i just didnt expect it 2 be this bad. we r going to be going to school three hrs away from each other, and i just didnt feel that spark nemore. fml, this just sucks bc i know i hurt her alot and that she had no idea it was coming. am i in the wrong here? bc this girl made me feel like the absolute worst person in the world for doing what i thought was the right thing to do. it wouldnt have been fair to her to just keep going on like there was nothing wrong.
    Sometimes the party isn't jumping like it once used to, it's usually out of your control. I suppose it hurts you but you're going to grow through this, believe me. You did a VERY mature thing and I really have to respect you for that. Go **** some girls. Seriously, it's worth it.
    23 years old
    5' 6"
    153 lbs

Bench: 315
    Deadlift: 400
    Squat: 425

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    WTF does that say? Buy a vowel.
    Is it a bad thing that I could read through that normally?