Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eating Optimally for Massive Size and Strength

Quote Originally Posted by YoungNoble View Post
    Folks, after multiple search attempts I have come up with nothing.

There were two studies posted on the forums at some point: one study on hydrolyzed whey protein in which it actually did not yield very positive results. The second study was one in which numeric suggestions were made regarding PWO nutrition and how much protein + carbohydrates to consume PWO. these were the results if I recall correctly.

in advance, any help is much appreciated!
    Young, what do you want to know?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hey Chris,

Thank you for the swift response. It's not so much what I would like to know as it is what I would like to read. Several months back I recall reading one study discussing hydrolyzed whey protein and the study's results suggested the various "benefits" of hydrolyzed whey protein to be unsubstantiated (e.g. digestibility, absorption, etc.) I am in search of this study to show it to a few of my colleagues who are HWP advocates.

Secondly, even though I am beginning to doubt myself as to whether or not it was a study, I can't help but say I remember a study conducted on a specific topic regarding PWO nutrition I believe and the results suggested using a certain formula (the one I stated in my original post) to determine the amount of carbs and protein needed for optimal PWO nutrition. Any ideas?
    Remember: whether you think you can or you can't, you're right.

I have no idea on the whey study/article. For PWO recommendations you can check out Pubmed.com. You have to keep in mind 90% of the studies you will find referencing the topic deal with endurance training which is something very different than resistance training. That is a problem as the ratios you see people post on bodybuilding boards are ratios for endurance athletes and therefore way to high in carbs for bodybuilders and powerlifters.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Personally, I will be satisfied with some egg white protein + whey protein isolate in milk with oatmeal (powdered). I usually keep the protein to carb ratio equal. I personally don't see slamming down 100g simple carbs PWO as a necessary factor of building muscle.
    Remember: whether you think you can or you can't, you're right.

Wannabebig New Member
    Learnt something new about pre-workout nutrition. I always felt that insulin was just important in muscle growth. Glad to see that it's been mentioned by other's as well.
    If you love abs as much as I do, get some great exercises for abs here.

Wannabebig Member
    Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I really liked the article and decided I would give it a try. I'm currently 155 pounds, and I tracked what I ate for a week and my daily calories came out to about 2200. I added 500 to that total like the article said, and will start there, re-evaluating every 2 weeks. I would appreciate some feedback to make sure I understood and implemented what the article suggested correctly, and didn't make any glaring mistakes.

Thank you for your time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What kind of training are you doing? I see two PWO "meals"?

Wannabebig Member
    Umm, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. The meal plan on the left is for workout days, I wake up at 8 AM and eat a small meal pre-workout, and then have an Opticen shake post workout around 10:00 AM. Then a few hours later I have a normal controlled high-insulin spike. The meal plan on the right is for non-workout days, and I have 5 regular meals with 3 high insulin spikes, one moderate insulin spike, and a low insulin response meal. I'm also doing the Baby Got Back workout routine.