The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Chris, ? on article above

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...-and-strength/ I really like the article. I am looking ahead to after my competition when I will want to cut (that's a relative term for me). I am going to try and follow the principles of your article. I am a huge believer in nutrient timing.

I see how you want to minimize spikes in insulin hence only 3 to 4 meals with carbs. That being said if I were to add two meals of just Nitrean between my three food meals would that be ok? If it is ok, should I be taking in any fats with the shakes or should I just throw in my healthy (fish oil pill and or various nuts) fats with my food meals.

I could force the shakes down with my food meals if I have to. It would just be great to have them between meals if it fits your plan. I'm so sick of being heavy. I will start my transformation the day after my meet. My goal is to drop 35-40 by the end of November.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Vincent, it isn't ideal as milk proteins stimulate insulin to a significant degree, but I think you would be ok. `

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I will try and get my shakes in during my 3 food meals. If all else fails I will fiinish any shake I have left for a 4th meal right before bed. These meals will be spread out 4 hours apart. When eating quality cals, what is the longest I should go between meals on this plan? Thanks.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 07-30-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

I have a question about this too, thats kind of related to Vincents' question. How do you stay in positive nitrogen balance without spiking insulin for the whole peroid of the day? Does it even matter?

I kind of know a little about nutrition, but not enough of the science behind it - so things become quite hard for me to grasp :/

Risk,
    The answer is in the article. Protein synthesis remains elevated for several hours after a meal with that time varying with the content of said meal. There is definitely a fine line between enough insulin and too much, and that is what this article tries to address.

Vincent,

I would say no more than 5 hours.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!