The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Travis,or other coaches,? for you.

I hope you can help me with this question.I know that Travis Bell has worked with lots of athletes over the years,and had great results.

Have you ever had a kid hurt themself in the weightroom,then come back and try to sue the school? We have not had this problem,but have heard(rumor)that another local school might have a lawsuit in the working.Were talking on a high school level here.

Such and such a kid had the potential to play college ball,but got hurt in weightroom,thus he could not play for the up-coming season,losing his chance to get recruited.Parents are mad,and turn around and sue school because of what happened.

Anybody ever run into this?

Ryan Hale

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Do you get legal waivers from this kid's parents?
    Last edited by cphafner; 08-16-2009 at 11:49 AM.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

I do for the kids at the school I work with,this is a rival school.Wanted to know if any of you have ever ran into a problem like this,or have heard of anything along these lines?

Ryan Hale

Great question Ryan.

I personally have never had this happen to myself (private business) but to ensure I'm protected, my business is registered as an LLC and I am connected with a very well known business lawyer

I also have waivers that the athletes have to sign before they begin training with me, but you always have to keep in mind that lawyers can always find a way around that stuff and still end up suing you.

At the highschools that I contract out to, I've never had a problem. You need to know your area though and make sure you personally are protected. I'm always covered under the school though because the athletes always have to sign a sports waiver because more times than not, they'll get injured in season (especially football)

When someone sues a school over something like this, they have to prove that the coach/supervisor acted in a way that actively contributed to the student's injury. Even in the weight room. It can be difficult at best to prove, although I'm sure there have been some instances.

The other thing that helps is knowing your parents. I keep a good relationship ongoing with all the parents I come in contact with so as to keep my reputation as one that I treat people fairly.

Best advice though is to keep an eye on your kids in the weight room. If you're the coach, make sure they are using good form and don't let them put too much weight on. Sometimes the kids will argue with you about it, but I always establish early on that arguments regarding form and weights are not tolerated.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Thanks for the prompt reply Travis,excellent advice.

Ryan Hale