Thread: Frequency of training...

Frequency of training...

I was reading WSB book of methods and Louie mentions how you can try a large muscle group every 72 hours and a small one every 24 hours...

My question is how does one know that proper recovery has been reached? I mean at first I was thinking that I can work that muscle again once i'm not sore, but is that effective? For example, if I hit my triceps every other day with a different exercise would I suffer from something like that?
    When I die. I want to be frozen. And if they have to freeze me in pieces, so be it. I will wake up stronger than ever, because I will have used that time, to figure out exactly why I died. And what moves I could have used to defend myself better now that I know what hold he had me in.

UPA Lousiana Chairman Eric Downey's Avatar
    in powerlifting we work movements that in volve muscle groups. i go to the gym to train my bench not my chest. also concerning things like deadlift. i can only pull heavy every 10 days b/c of the stress on my lower back. but that is me knowing how i recover.
    CLASH FOR CASH RAW504 SEPT. 11, 2010 KENNER, LA CLICK FOR INFO
    Eric "BIG EZY" Downey
    RAW BENCH BEST: 523 Raw Unity 2010
    RAW UNITY VID
    RAW TOTAL BEST:534.5 - 507 - 556.5 1598 APA Raw Nationals 2010
    534 SQUAT
    507 BENCH
    556 DEADLIFT
    Facebook YOUTUBE

You should be able to just listen to your body and be able to tell if you are too sore to train that muscle again. But for me, I keep a 72 hour gap between my upper body and lower body days. I just don't feel comfortable training a certain muscle group if I'm still sore or even a little sore, but that's just me.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by Tank82 View Post
    You should be able to just listen to your body and be able to tell if you are too sore to train that muscle again. But for me, I keep a 72 hour gap between my upper body and lower body days. I just don't feel comfortable training a certain muscle group if I'm still sore or even a little sore, but that's just me.
    I definitely here that. I figured its a personal thing. I just wasn't sure if lack of soreness is an accurate enough determinant of muscle recovery. I know that when I max out on one life... that one rep doesn't get me sore nor do the warm up sets... you know what I mean?
    When I die. I want to be frozen. And if they have to freeze me in pieces, so be it. I will wake up stronger than ever, because I will have used that time, to figure out exactly why I died. And what moves I could have used to defend myself better now that I know what hold he had me in.

Banned
    I train in the hyperbolic time chamber, so im always fresh, or I just pop a senzu bean.