tabata punchouts
    tabata BW squats
    tabata punchouts
    tabata pushups

Boxing(3min rounds w/30sec rests)
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

Blah, Blah, Blah...Went hard last 30sec of each round...That little conditioning circuit is dubbed "Sweet 16". There is nothing sweet about it. It felt like I was holding 40lb db's while shadow boxing. Oh, and you only rest the 10 seconds before the next interval between moves. So tabata punchouts, rest 10sec, tabata squats, etc. It only adds up to 4 rounds of work, but holy poop you put a lot of work into those 4 rounds.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Been a fine week, went at it daily - looks great.
    Yes, yes it was. Thanks for noticing T.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Wednesday, September 14

TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds speed bag
    4 rounds mitts
    1 round heavy bag
    6 rounds defensive sparring
    2 rounds heavy bag

Blah, Blah, Blah...Didn't throw one punch in sparring. Was only aloud to perform defensive maneuvers. Did ok. Decent session all in all.
    My Journal

Thursday, September 15

HEAVY BENCH:
    Bottom Up Bench
    135*5
    225*3
    240*3
    255*3
    265*3
    285*1
    300*1
    315*1

DB Inc Press
    70*12
    70*7

Shrugs
    240*12
    240*12

Pull-up
    BW*10
    BW*4

Rear Lateral ss/w Side Lateral
    15*12/15*12
    15*12/15*10

Con Curl
    25*12
    25*10

Sit 1 Arm DB Ext
    35*12
    35*9

Blah, Blah, Blah...Everything felt heavy.<--Weird. That's exactly what I put down last time I did this workout.
    My Journal

Friday, September 16

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds speed bag
    3 rounds sparring w/Steve
    1 round sparring w/Benny

Blah, Blah, Blah...That was it. The tank was empty. Probably shouldn't have even done that much, but I really needed to spar today. Sparring was bad. Didn't move, too tight, couldn't find my range, and everything else I could do bad at I did. It was good conditioning though, and it taught me how to suck it up when feeling crappy.
    My Journal

Great mindset Brian, those supposedly subpar days are better at building character anyways.

Monday, September 19

TRAINING:
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

GPP
    30sec * burpees
    30sec * shadow boxing
    30sec * burpees
    30sec * shadow boxing
    30sec * burpees
    30sec * shadow boxing
    30sec * rest
    -complete 4 rounds

Blah, Blah, Blah...Went hard last 30sec of each round...Got it done.
    My Journal

Great mindset Brian, those supposedly subpar days are better at building character anyways.
    lol, character building days suck! Hopefully it all pays off.
    My Journal

Tuesday, September 20

FULL BODY:
    Pull-up ss/w Push-up
    BW*5/BW*15
    BW*5/BW*15
    BW*5/BW*15
    BW*5/BW*15

1 Leg Squat ss/w Hyper Ext
    BW*10/BW*10
    BW*10/BW*10
    BW*10/BW*10
    BW*10/BW*10

Blah, Blah, Blah...A little something to keep the blood flowing, but not too taxing.
    My Journal

Wednesday, September 21

TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds speed bag
    4 rounds heavy bag
    1 round double end bag
    punchout ladder-10sec work, 10sec rest, 20w, 20r, 30w, 30r, 30w, 30r, 20w, 20r, 10w

Blah, Blah, Blah...Not bad. Was loose, and punches are fairly sharp.
    My Journal

Thursday, September 22

FULL BODY:
    V-Bar Pull-up ss/w Dips
    BW*5/BW*10
    BW*5/BW*10
    BW*5/BW*10
    BW*5/BW*10

Squat ss/w GHR(assisted)
    BW*15/BW*5
    BW*15/BW*5
    BW*15/BW*5
    BW*15/BW*5

Alternating Calf Raises
    BW*30<--each leg

Blah, Blah, Blah...Guess this is a deload week.
    My Journal

Doing pretty good, managing to keep things in check.

Doing pretty good, managing to keep things in check.
    Yup. And here is why...

Blah, Blah, Blah...Well that was a let down. Three weeks ago coach asked if I'd like to fight. They were at a meeting and there was a "masters" fighter who wanted to get his first fight at the next smoker. I said sure, why not. He fights in the 185 class, so he said as long as I was under 195 he'd fight me. No problem. Changed my diet, started working harder(aka-fight prep) and after a week I was at 192. The guys coach calls and says he's not going to fight now. Promoter calls and says he has a 201 guy that can fill in. Fine, now I can go through fight prep and not have to diet. Much easier, lol. Training had been going well. Not really getting enough sparring in, but had done enough to get the ring rust off. I always stay in pretty good shape, so I was good to go. Wednesday night(the 21st. The fight is on the 24th) coach gets a call. This guy has now backed out. So now I had to scramble and call everyone to let them know I wouldn't be fighting, and they didn't need to go if they were going just to watch me. So that was a mini roller coaster ride for the last 3 weeks. Went from a dude who liked to workout, to a licensed amatuer boxer who was dieting for a fight, then gaining for a fight, then not having a fight. The whole time everyone kept saying, "I thought you were retired," lol. I said I thought I was too. I do have my "masters" license now. Coach paid for it, so if anything else comes up this year, and I'm still on a roll with my training, I could possibly fight again. Well, as long as my opponents don't keep punking out.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Bruteman View Post
    So that was a mini roller coaster ride for the last 3 weeks. Went from a dude who liked to workout, to a licensed amatuer boxer who was dieting for a fight, then gaining for a fight, then not having a fight.
    At least it kept you on your toes and focused for stepping into the ring. So inadvertently, this caused you to raise up a notch or two, not a bad deal.

Monday, September 26

TRAINING:
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

GPP
    30sec * burpees
    30sec * shadow boxing
    30sec * burpees
    30sec * shadow boxing
    30sec * burpees
    30sec * shadow boxing
    30sec * rest
    -complete 4 rounds

Blah, Blah, Blah...Went hard last 30sec of each round...Repeat of last monday. Did better this time though.
    My Journal

At least it kept you on your toes and focused for stepping into the ring. So inadvertently, this caused you to raise up a notch or two, not a bad deal.
    Tiz true. It's amazing how much you can improve in 3 weeks if you already have a solid fondation.
    My Journal

Tuesday, September 27

SPEED BENCH:
    Bench
    180*3*6
    240*2
    255*2

Lockouts
    260*6
    260*6

V-Bar Pull-up
    20*6
    20*6

T-Bar Row
    155*6
    155*5

DB Shoulder Press
    65*6
    65*6

EZ Preacher Curl
    90*6
    90*6

Dips
    95*6
    95*6

Blah, Blah, Blah...Almost not embarrassed to post workouts now. Not at top strength levels, but approaching them.
    My Journal

Wednesday, September 28

TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds speed bag
    3 rounds double end bag
    4 rounds heavy bag
    1 round double end bag
    1 round shadow boxing
    1 round mitts
    1 round jump rope

Blah, Blah, Blah...More of the same.
    My Journal

Thursday, September 29

HEAVY SQUAT/DEAD:
    Bottom Up Squat
    135*5
    225*3
    245*3
    255*3
    265*3
    285*1
    300*1
    315*1

Oly Squat
    190*12

1 Leg Curl
    35*12

Stand Calf
    15*12

Plate Pinch
    25's*27sec

Pullthroughs
    70*12

Blah, Blah, Blah...Was real short on time, so just did one set each of the assistance crap. Can tell I've missed a few leg sessions. 315 is weak anyways, this went up slow as hell.
    My Journal

Squats are probably the most killer of them all, especially if they get ignored, lol.

Like how you are handling everything Brian.

Wednesday, October 5

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds double end bag
    3 rounds heavy bag
    3 rounds speed bag
    1 round shadow boxing

Blah, Blah, Blah...Have been busy, and feeling worn down anyways, so missed/skipped a few sessions. Felt better today cause of it.
    My Journal

Squats are probably the most killer of them all, especially if they get ignored, lol.

Like how you are handling everything Brian.
    You are correct sir. I need to get back on track here quickly. I've only missed a few sessions so far, but you know what happens if you let that snowball get rolling.
    My Journal

Thursday, October 6

SPEED BENCH:
    Bench
    180*3*8

5 Board Press
    275*6
    275*6

Pull-up
    20*6
    20*4

BB Row
    205*6
    205*6

Shoulder Press
    135*6
    135*5

BB Curl
    100*6
    100*5

Skull Crush
    115*6
    115*6

Blah, Blah, Blah...Stuff felt heavy, but in a good way. If that makes any sense.
    My Journal

Sounds reasonable, lol - there's plenty of mutual respect between the lifter and the weights.

Friday, October 7

TRAINING:
    Cardio
    Run, 3 miles @ 8:05 pace

Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds shadow box
    2 rounds speed bag
    2 rounds double end bag
    3 rounds heavy bag

Blah, Blah, Blah...Haven't ran in 3 weeks. Couldn't hardly tell. One of the few benefits of a physical job I guess. lol
    My Journal