Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: A Father, a Fighter and a Lifter

The holidays gets the majority of us off track and slows us down, lol - best time of the year to take some time off. Wish you and your family the best in 2012 and always!!

Saturday, January 7

SPEED SQUAT/DEAD:
    Box Squat
    200*2*8
    270*2
    285*2

Power Clean
    160*1*6

BB Hack Squat
    340*6
    340*6

RDL
    280*6
    280*6

Angled Calves
    260*6
    260*6

Wrist Roller
    10*2
    10*2

Blah, Blah, Blah...Kept box squats the same and dropped the weight a little on everything else. Decent session overall...There was a young lady at the gym today who was just an amazing physical specimen. She was doing olympic type lifts with respectable weights. Well muscled, but not overly so. I assumed she was a thrower of some sort. Sure enough, she throws javalin, shot and discus. It's mainly just nice to see a woman who isn't afraid to move some real weight. The fact that she is extremely attractive is just an added bonus. lol
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    The holidays gets the majority of us off track and slows us down, lol - best time of the year to take some time off. Wish you and your family the best in 2012 and always!!
    Thanks Coke. I hope the coming year serves you well to my friend.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Monday, January 9

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds w/30sec rests)
    2 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

GPP
    30sec * burpees
    30sec * jumping jacks
    30sec * split jumps
    30sec * burpees
    30sec * jumping jacks
    30sec * mountain climbers
    30sec * rest
    -repeat 5 times.

Blah, Blah, Blah...Went hard last 30sec of each round...Felt good during the drills. Was loose and moving a lot. At the end of the second pass through the circuit I was ready to give up. Regrouped my mind during the rest and finished it all up fairly well...My little girl turned 11 this weekend. When the hell did she grow up?! I must have blinked. Damn time goes by quick when you have kids.
    My Journal

Tuesday, January 10

SPEED BENCH:
    Bench
    200*3*8

5 Board Press
    285*6
    285*6

Pull-up
    15*6
    15*5

BB Row
    215*6
    215*6

Shoulder Press
    135*6
    135*5

BB Curl
    95*6
    95*6

Skull Crush
    115*6
    115*6

Blah, Blah, Blah...Good effort I guess.
    My Journal

Like those efforts man, on a steady roll.

Wednesday, January 11

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds heavy bag
    9 rounds sparring
    punchout ladder 10sec rest, 10sec work, 20r, 20w, 30r, 30w, 30r, 30w, 20r, 20w, 10r, 10w

Blah, Blah, Blah...That's right. Nine rounds of sparring. Cause I'm that f**king awesome. lol, ok, not really. Went 4 rounds with little quick guy(Zack), 2 with big slow guy(Big J), and 3 with new guy(Jeb?). New guy is taller than me, but thinner, so probably close to the same weight as me. When I say new guy I mean inexperienced. Don't think we're throwing people in the ring on their first day at the club. Nothing too impressive on my part. Just worked on defensive reactions and counter punching.
    My Journal

Like those efforts man, on a steady roll.
    Why yes I am. Coach even said it seems like I'm ready to fight now.
    My Journal

Thursday, January 12

HEAVY SQUAT/DEAD:
    Elevated Deadlift
    45*8
    135*4
    225*3
    315*3
    320*3
    330*3
    350*1
    365*1
    380*1
    405*1

1 Leg Ext
    90*12
    90*12

GHR(assisted)
    BW*6
    BW*2+2negatives

Angled Calf
    100*12
    100*12

Supination Pronation
    7.5*12
    7.5*12

Hyper Extension
    20*12
    20*12

Blah, Blah, Blah...The bar is set at about ankle hieght. Was only shooting for 380. It went up easy, so figured I'd give 4 plates a whirl. That was a nice suprise. My best ever is only 410. Rest of the session was good too.
    My Journal

Friday, January 13

TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds w/30sec rests)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    4 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds speed bag
    3 rounds double end bag
    2 rounds heavy bag

Blah, Blah, Blah...Tried to push the pace since it was 2min rounds.
    My Journal

Good job with those deads, moving on strong!

Saturday, January 14

HEAVY BENCH:
    2 Board Press
    45*10
    135*5
    225*3
    275*3
    285*3
    295*3
    315*1
    330*1
    345*1

DB Inc Press
    65*12
    65*12

Shrugs
    245*12
    245*12

Pull-up
    BW*9
    BW*4

Rear Lateral ss/w Side Lateral
    17.5*12/12.5*12
    17.5*12/12.5*12

Con Curl
    22.5*12
    22.5*12

Sit 1 Arm DB Ext
    32.5*12
    32.5*12

Blah, Blah, Blah...Weight 198.2...Not bad at all.
    My Journal

Good job with those deads, moving on strong!
    Thanks. I will get that 500 deadlift yet.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Bruteman View Post
    Thanks. I will get that 500 deadlift yet.
    Damn right you will
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Wednesday, January 18

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds heavy bag

(2min rounds w/30sec rests)
    2 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds double end bag
    2 rounds speed bag
    7 rounds sparring

Blah, Blah, Blah...More light sparring. Worked on defensive stuff most of the time.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Damn right you will
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. Or was that more of a direct order? haha
    My Journal

Thursday, January 19

SPEED BENCH:
    Bench
    200*3*6
    270*2
    285*2

Lockouts
    270*6
    270*6

V-Bar Pull-up
    20*6
    20*6

T-Bar Row
    150*6
    150*6

DB Shoulder Press
    65*6
    65*6

EZ Preacher Curl
    95*6
    95*6

Dips
    105*6
    105*6

Blah, Blah, Blah...Real good session. Blasted through it.
    My Journal

Workout is solid, like the boxing rounds as well.

Monday, January 23

TRAINING:
    2 rounds jump rope

Work Capacity
    5 pull-ups
    10 hammer swings
    15 burpees
    20 jumping jacks
    -As many rounds as possible in 20min. I got 6 rounds+5 pullups+10 hammer swings+9 burpees.

(3min rounds w/30sec rests)
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds slip rope

Blah, Blah, Blah...Went hard last 30sec of each round...Only did 2 workouts last week and was sick from thursday 'til sunday. Keeping that in mind, I guess this session was ok. Not real happy with it though.
    My Journal

Workout is solid, like the boxing rounds as well.
    I like them too, but I'm getting the itch to play some basketball again. Watching my little girl play isn't helping any either. lol
    My Journal

Tuesday, January 24

SPEED SQUAT/DEAD:
    Box Squat
    170*2*10

Dead Lift
    260*1*6

Good Mornings
    130*6
    130*6

Stand Calves
    335*6
    335*6

BB Hack Squat
    350*6
    350*6

Static Holds
    365*20sec
    365*15sec

Blah, Blah, Blah...A little stiff. Good session though...Dad's birthday today. Still not use to him not being here anymore.
    My Journal

Friday, January 27

TRAINING:
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds speed bag

(3min rounds)
    4 rounds sparring

Blah, Blah, Blah...Just a workout. Sparring was still light, but I was free to do whatever. Didn't have to be just defensive, or only throw a jab. It was nice to be able to work on my game as a whole.
    My Journal

Good deal on everything, always nice to see you at it.

Tuesday, February 7

HEAVY DAY:
    A. Squat
    250*3
    250*3
    250*3
    250*3

B. Bench
    250*3
    250*3
    250*3
    250*3

C1. RDL
    265*8
    265*8

C2. Stand Calf
    10*10
    10*10

D1. Pull-up
    BW*8
    BW*5+2

D2. DB Shoulder Press
    55*8
    55*8

Finisher-100 Hammer Swings
    2:13 w/12lbs hammer

Blah, Blah, Blah...Feel the need to try something different. Lifts grouped together(c1, c2) are done in a staggard/super set fashion I guess you'd say. For example, do a set of pullups, rest, do a set of shoulder presses, rest, pullups, rest, shoulder press, and done. Then go on to the next group. The "+2" are rest/pause reps. If I don't get the reps I'm shooting for I count to 10, then do a rep, count to 10, and do 1 more rep. The "finisher" is just a little somethin' somethin' at the end. It helps put hair on your chest, and puke in a bucket, lol. The first 2 lifts(a & b) are what make it a heavy day, or speed day. The grouped together lifts are just accessory work. For now I'll lift twice a week, have one conditioning day, and box the other days. The week should look something like this:

Mon-box
    Tues-heavy lift
    Weds-box
    Thurs-conditioning+box
    Fri-box
    Sat-speed lift
    Sun-off

Maybe not the most organized explanation, but I think I explained everything. As for the reason for the change, I don't know. I mean I do, but I don't. I guess for now I'll just say that this schedule allows me to dedicate more time to skill training. So make of that what you will.
    My Journal

Good deal on everything, always nice to see you at it.
    I wasn't at it at all last week, and I could tell today.
    My Journal