Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: A Father, a Fighter and a Lifter

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Solid benching and all Brian.
    Thanks Coke. Starting next week I'm going to start pushing a little more on my ME lifts. Still not quite all out though.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

What an awesome guy, mentoring in the ring that way is great!

Thursday, May 10

SPEED SQUAT/DEAD:
    Box Squat
    140*2*8
    205*2
    220*2

Power Clean
    120*1*6

BB Hack Squat
    250*6
    250*6

RDL
    210*6
    210*6

Donkey Calves
    195*6
    195*6

Wrist Roller
    5*2
    5*2

Blah, Blah, Blah...Got r done easy.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

What an awesome guy, mentoring in the ring that way is great!
    Coming from you, that means a lot. Thank you.
    My Journal

Friday, May 11

CARDIO:
    Run
    3.02 miles @ 8:19 pace

Boxing(3min rounds)
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds speed bag
    2 rounds precision bag

(2min rounds)
    9 rounds sparring

Blah, Blah, Blah...One of the kids I'm sparring is an 8yr old getting ready for his first fight. Going 3 rounds with him is worse than going rounds with the bigger, stronger kids. Since he's so short, I tell him to pretend my chest is my head. So he ends up banging away at my midsection the whole time. It ends up being one hell of an abb workout. lol
    My Journal

Friday, May 18

TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds)
    4 rounds jump rope
    4 rounds shadow boxing
    4 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds precision bag
    3 rounds double end bag
    2 rounds speed bag
    1 round jump rope

Blah, Blah, Blah...Been too busy. This is the only workout I've done this week so far. On the plus side, I felt really good doing it. Was fast, loose, moved a lot and punch volume was good.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Bruteman View Post
    ...A rare opportunity has possibly been given to me. I hope it has, cause it would be cool as hell in my opinion. For now just say a little prayer for me if you would.
    A little update. I'm now waiting on lab results to see if this is going to happen. They said it could take 4 to 6 weeks for the results. I'm going to go nuts waiting that long but, I've done all I can do at the moment. It's in God's hands now. All I can do is wait and pray.
    My Journal

Tuesday, May 29

HEAVY DAY:
    A. Squat
    225*5
    225*5
    225*5
    225*5
    225*5

B. Bench
    225*3
    225*3
    225*3
    225*3

C1. RDL
    220*8
    135*8

C2. Stand Calf
    10*10
    10*10

D1. Pull-up
    BW*8
    BW*8

D2. DB Shoulder Press
    50*8
    50*8

Finisher-100 Hammer Swings
    2:17 w/12lbs hammer

Blah, Blah, Blah...Messing with some rep ranges. Want to see what I like best. Also need to warmup better/different. Tweeked my back a little on the rdl's...Worked 12hrs all week last week. I did get to the club on saturday. That was it for the week though.
    My Journal

Good to see you around B. Hope things are going well for ya.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Wednesday, May 30

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

Blah, Blah, Blah...Quick workout before the boys t-ball game. Felt ok. Legs a little sore.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    Good to see you around B. Hope things are going well for ya.
    All is well in my world right now.
    My Journal

Thursday, May 31

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds w/30sec rests)
    2 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

GPP
    30sec * burpees
    30sec * jumping jacks
    30sec * high knee db press(5lbs db)
    30sec * shadow boxing
    -repeat 5 times.

Blah, Blah, Blah...Went hard last 30sec of each round...Did better than expected. Paced myself some on the gpp, rather than go at it with wreckless abandon. Even so, I think I did alright.
    My Journal

Friday, June 1

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds speed bag
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds double end bag
    1 round precision bag
    4 rounds sparring(light)

Blah, Blah, Blah...Good session. started to poop out at the very end.
    My Journal

Monday, June 4

TRAINING:
    2 rounds jump rope
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    4 rounds heavy bag
    1 round slip rope
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds jump rope

Blah, Blah, Blah...Had a good flow going today.
    My Journal

...A rare opportunity has possibly been given to me. I hope it has, cause it would be cool as hell in my opinion. For now just say a little prayer for me if you would.
    Another update. Guess I'll tell you what's going on now. There's someone at my church who needs a kidney, so I've been waiting to see if I was a match. The tests say we have the same blood type and our blood doesn't "fight" with each other, so that's all good. But on the tissue type thingy I got a 0 out of 6. You want 6 out of 6, and the higher the number the better for the recipient. He'll be less likely to reject the organ. Although, even with a 0 I am a viable donor. There is still more testing to be done. Mostly to see if I'm physically able to be a donor. The question now is do we go ahead and use mine? Or, is someone else a better match?(I don't know if anyone else is being tested) Or, do you wait and see if a better match comes along?(he is on the waiting list of course) I don't know for sure. Things to be thought about and talked about for the next couple days for sure.
    My Journal

The way I look at it, you will be well blessed just for the considerations. Hope that all works out for the recipient, though it does appear he may need to wait a little longer and possibly find a closer match.

Great training bud. Keep it up
    ADRIAN LARSEN
    #2 ranked All time 220lbs raw bench 585lbs
    www.fuelthedesire.com THE ALPHA PROJECT
    ELITE TRAINING EXTREME PERFORMANCE YOUTUBE VIDS
    AT LARGE NUTRITION
    ALN Supp Stack used - Nitrean Plus, BCAA, Multi Plus, Fish Oil, ETS
    Anderson Powerlifting
    Sling shot
    YOU CAN HAVE EXCUSES OR RESULTS, NOT BOTH

Monday, June 11

So last week I did something wonderfull to my lower back. You know, that put-you-on-your-knees-every-time-you-take-a-breath type of wonderfull. So the doctor gave me steroids, muscle relaxers and pain meds. WooHoo for me! Feeling much better now. Actually I'm feeling nothing. lol
    Decided it was ok to start doing my thing again this week.

TRAINING:
    2 rounds jump rope
    2 rounds shadow box
    2 rounds slip rope
    2 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds jump rope
    2 rounds shadow box
    1 round slip rope
    2 rounds heavy bag

Blah, Blah, Blah...went hard last 30sec of each round...Pooped out at the end big time.
    My Journal

Tuesday, June 12

SPEED BENCH:
    Bench

5 Board Press

Pull-up

BB Row

Shoulder Press

BB Curl

Skull Crush

Blah, Blah, Blah...I did everything listed with weights so light I can't even bring myself to post them. But I got in there and did it.
    My Journal

The way I look at it, you will be well blessed just for the considerations. Hope that all works out for the recipient, though it does appear he may need to wait a little longer and possibly find a closer match.
    Found out there is another fella' who matches also. Don't know if he's any better of a match than me though. I'll leave all that hard thinkin' stuff to them there doctors to figure out.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by larsen540 View Post
    Great training bud. Keep it up
    Thanks hoss. Nice of you to drop in here also.
    My Journal

Tuesday, September 4

HEAVY SQUAT/DEAD:
    Bottom Up Squat
    45*10
    135*5
    225*3
    265*3
    275*3
    285*3
    305*1
    320*1
    335*1

Oly Squat
    165*12
    165*12

1 Leg Curl
    35*12
    35*10

Stand Calf
    10*12
    10*12

Plate Pinch
    4-10's*31sec
    4-10's*30sec

Blah, Blah, Blah...Been too busy to post. Workin' 12's, going to fairs and other crap. The climb back up has been slow, but steady. Core and hamstring strength has been hindering me the most. They felt much better today though.
    My Journal

Wednesday, September 5

TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds)
    4 rounds jump rope
    4 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds speed bag
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds precision bag
    2 rounds double end bag
    2 rounds jump rope

Blah, Blah, Blah...Feeling good. Coach bought me a really nice pair of bag gloves and gave them to me today. Gotta' love that guy.
    My Journal

Coach bought me a really nice pair of bag gloves and gave them to me today. Gotta' love that guy.
    You and coach both are awesome guys...you had the bag gloves coming, well deserved over time.

Glad to see the updates, good to hear from you bro.

Thursday, September 6

HEAVY BENCH:
    Bottom Up Bench
    45*10
    135*5
    185*3
    225*3
    235*3
    245*3
    265*1
    280*1
    295*1

Flies
    55*12
    55*12

DB Pullover
    80*12
    80*12

V-Bar Cable Row
    145*12
    145*12

Side Cable Lateral ss/w Rear Cable Lateral
    15*12/15*10
    15*7/15*5

DB Inc Curl
    30*12
    30*11

1 Arm Pressdown
    30*12
    30*9

Blah, Blah, Blah...Not bad. Felt strong.
    My Journal