Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: A Father, a Fighter and a Lifter

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    You and coach both are awesome guys...you had the bag gloves coming, well deserved over time.

Glad to see the updates, good to hear from you bro.
    I am pretty awesome.

*pats self on back*

He didn't skimp either. Got me these ones. Don't know if I'm that helpful. Going to have to take a couple low blows to earn those. lol
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

No joke, them are some great gloves, they sure ain't cheap.

The workout is solid throughout, quite stellar on the bench.

Friday, September 7

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds speed bag
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds double end bag
    4 rounds defensive sparring

Blah, Blah, Blah...A little worn down. Sparring was really, really light. As usual, it was for their benefit, not mine.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

No joke, them are some great gloves, they sure ain't cheap.

The workout is solid throughout, quite stellar on the bench.
    Thanks. Not at PR levels yet, but not terribly far away from them.

I like the gloves so far. They have a nice feel to them. Only thing is they are quite a bit heavier than my old ones. They were 12oz gloves and these are listed at 16, but I think they are closer to 18. Not a big deal. It doesn't really affect anything until later in the workout. My hands start to feel a little heavier than normal.
    My Journal

Saturday, September 8

SPEED SQUAT/DEAD:
    Box Squat
    165*2*8
    265*2
    280*2

Power Clean
    150*1*6

BB Hack Squat
    265*6
    265*6

RDL
    225*6
    225*6

Donkey Calves
    225*6
    225*6

Wrist Roller
    7.5*2
    7.5*2

Blah, Blah, Blah...Weight 192.2...This felt harder than it should have.
    My Journal

Monday, September 10

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds w/30sec rests)
    2 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

GPP
    100 turns of the jump rope
    10 burpees
    10 pushups
    10 bw squats
    -AMRAP in 20min. I got 7.

Blah, Blah, Blah...Went hard last 30sec of each round...Felt really good during the skill work. Felt decent during the gpp also. I did start to labor during the burpees and pushups though. Might have gotten another round in, but I lost track of the boy. Had to run to the house real quick and see if he went inside, then run back to the garage and continue. And yes, that means I didn't stop the timer. I figured since I ran, that made up for the fact that I wasn't going through another cycle right then.
    My Journal

Still killing it with the boxing I see. Nice work.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Tuesday, September 11

SPEED BENCH:
    Bench
    185*3*8

5 Board Press
    260*6
    260*6

Pull-up
    12.5*6
    12.5*5

BB Row
    185*6
    185*6

Shoulder Press
    120*6
    120*6

BB Curl
    90*6
    90*6

Skull Crush
    105*6
    105*6

Blah, Blah, Blah...Won't complain. Felt real good today.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    Still killing it with the boxing I see. Nice work.
    Yup. It keeps me in such good shape, and it's soooooo much more fun than just running.
    My Journal

Wednesday, September 12

TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds)
    4 rounds jump rope
    4 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds precision bag
    2 rounds speed bag
    2.5 rounds sparring

Blah, Blah, Blah...Felt sluggish. Only reason I sparred was because someone is taking a fight on short notice. He wanted to get one good sparring session in to help shake off the ring rust. That ended up being a bad idea. The sluggishness continued on my part. I looked like Rocky. Took shot after shot, no head movement. Heck, practically no movement at all. At the end of the first round we even stopped for a second cause he caught me with a hell of a hook. Second round was a little better. Mainly cause I accepted I wasn't going to "float like a butterfly" today, so kept my gaurd up and bulldozed my way forward. It was working, to an extent. He was starting to get frustrated, and throwing sloppy punches because he couldn't get me to back up. I caught him with a few good shots, but I would still say he was "winning" this sparring session. Then the third round started. Now he's getting tired and he's frustrated. He backed straight back into the ropes and I caught him with an old fashioned 1-2. As soon as my right landed I backed off and asked if he was ok. He just stood there, staring into space, blood flowing from his nose and upper lip. Shit! Hopefully it's not too bad. Nothing's busted, but it sucks trying to fight with a bruised up nose. Plus, it'll bleed easier(until it's fully healed). I feel bad now. I know I shouldn't, it's part of the game, but I do.
    My Journal

Thursday, September 13

HEAVY SQUAT/DEAD:
    Rack Pulls
    45*10
    135*5
    225*3
    315*3
    370*3
    385*3
    415*1
    440*1
    460*1

1 Leg Ext
    75*12
    75*12

GHR(assisted)
    BW*5
    BW*3+2negatives

Donkey Calf
    75*12
    75*12

Supination Pronation
    10*12
    10*12

Blah, Blah, Blah...Ok. A bit sore from sparring.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Bruteman View Post
    He backed straight back into the ropes and I caught him with an old fashioned 1-2. As soon as my right landed I backed off and asked if he was ok. He just stood there, staring into space, blood flowing from his nose and upper lip.
    Oops - shit happens bro, lol...no doubt, part of the game though.

Very nice with the pulling.

Tuesday, September 18

HEAVY BENCH:
    2 Board Press
    45*10
    135*5
    225*3
    260*3
    270*3
    280*3
    300*1
    315*1
    330*1

DB Inc Press
    60*12
    60*12

Shrugs
    190*12
    190*12

Pull-up
    BW*11
    BW*5

Rear Lateral ss/w Side Lateral
    15*12/15*12
    15*12/15*9

Con Curl
    25*12
    25*11

Sit 1 Arm DB Ext
    35*12
    35*9

Blah, Blah, Blah...Solid workout.
    Last edited by Bruteman; 09-18-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    My Journal

Oops - shit happens bro, lol...no doubt, part of the game though.

Very nice with the pulling.
    Guy's like him are a dilema for me. Once you get around 150, or more, the guy can hit hard, and fast enough to hurt you. So you can't hold back when sparring really. But I still outweigh him buy quite a bit, so I do have to be careful.
    My Journal

Wednesday, September 19

TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds)
    4 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds speed bag
    3 rounds precision bag
    4 rounds heavy bag
    3 rounds sparring-light

Blah, Blah, Blah...Decent session. Don't know why I didn't do any shadow boxing. Got there late and just never got around to doing any rounds of it.
    My Journal

Damn, making headway on the bench.

Thursday, September 20

SPEED SQUAT/DEAD:
    Box Squat
    180*2*10

Dead Lift
    245*1*6

Lunge
    185*6
    185*6

Good Mornings
    115*6
    115*6

Stand Calves
    275*6
    275*6

Static Holds
    315*37sec
    315*28sec

Blah, Blah, Blah...Happy with this.
    My Journal

Damn, making headway on the bench.
    I'm gettin' there. Thanks.
    My Journal

Friday, September 21

TRAINING:
    Run
    3.02 miles @ 8:15 pace

Boxing(2min rounds)
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds precision bag
    3 rounds speed bag
    2 rounds mitts

Blah, Blah, Blah...Felt energetic today. Pushed the pace and moved a lot.
    My Journal

Saturday, September 22

SPEED BENCH:
    Bench
    185*3*6
    255*2
    270*2

Lockouts
    235*6
    235*6

V-Bar Pull-up
    20*6
    20*6

T-Bar Row
    160*6
    160*5

DB Shoulder Press
    65*6
    65*5

EZ Preacher Curl
    90*6
    90*6

Dips
    95*6
    95*6

Blah, Blah, Blah...Weight 194.4...Felt darn good.
    My Journal

Liking the efforts, in a good groove dude.

Monday, September 24

TRAINING:
    3 rounds jump rope

Work Capacity
    tabata punchouts
    tabata bw squats
    tabata punchouts
    tabata pushups

(3min rounds w/30sec rests)
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

Blah, Blah, Blah...Went hard last 30sec of each round...What the heck was I thinkin'!? That was torture.
    My Journal

Liking the efforts, in a good groove dude.
    Thanks Coke. I'm sort of forcing myself to be on a roll right now.
    My Journal

Tuesday, September 25
    Off

Wednesday, September 26
    Off

Thursday, September 27
    HEAVY SQUAT/DEAD:
    Rack Pulls
    45*10
    135*5
    225*3
    315*3
    380*3
    395*3
    425*1
    450*0

Oly Squat
    --

1 Leg Curl
    --

Stand Calf
    --

Plate Pinch
    --

Pullthroughs
    --

Blah, Blah, Blah...Was feeling good. Was blasting the weights up. Just got 450 up off the pins and felt that all too familiar pop in my low back. DAMN IT!

Friday, September 28
    TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds)
    4 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds speed bag
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds double end bag

Blah, Blah, Blah...Back tight. Felt ok otherwise.

Saturday, September 29
    HEAVY BENCH:
    2 Board Press
    45*10
    135*5
    225*3
    270*3
    280*3
    290*3
    310*1
    325*1
    340*1

Flies
    60*12
    60*9

DB Pullover
    90*10
    90*7

DB Row
    90*10
    90*10

Side Cable Lateral ss/w Rear Cable Lateral
    #2*12/#2*12
    #2*10/#2*9

DB Inc Curl
    30*12
    30*12

1 Arm Pressdown
    #5*12
    #5*10

Blah, Blah, Blah...Not bad. Gave a good effort.
    My Journal

Monday, October 1

TRAINING:
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

GPP
    30sec * burpees
    30sec * shadow boxing
    repeat twice
    30sec * rest
    -repeat 4 times

Blah, Blah, Blah...Went hard last 30sec of each round...Simple and effective.
    My Journal