230*6
    230*6

Donkey Calves
    245*6
    245*6

Wrist Roller
    10*2
    10*2

Blah, Blah, Blah...Most excellent. I always love this workout. A bunch of moves I like to do.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Only way to be guy, having fun with it.

Wednesday, October 3

TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds)
    4 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds precision bag
    2 rounds double end bag
    1 round speed bag

Blah, Blah, Blah...Also did 4 rounds of real light sparring. Got there late, so didn't have time to do as much as I wanted. It was a good day though. Was loose, fast, and moving around quite a bit.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Only way to be guy, having fun with it.
    I agree.
    My Journal

Thursday, October 4

SPEED BENCH:
    Bench
    185*3*8

5 Board Press
    265*6
    265*6

Pull-up
    12.5*6
    12.5*6

BB Row
    190*6
    190*6

Shoulder Press
    125*6
    125*6

BB Curl
    95*6
    95*6

Skull Crush
    110*6
    110*6

Blah, Blah, Blah...A good day in Bruteman's world.
    My Journal

Friday, October 5

TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds)
    4 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds heavy bag
    3 rounds precision bag
    3 rounds double end bag
    1 round jump rope
    1 round shadow boxing

Blah, Blah, Blah...Have been doing a little "extra credit" at the end of my boxing workouts for a few months now. I do situps for a minute and do a set of pullups. Situps are done on a decline slant board whatever-you-call-it thingy. I don't count reps, just go. Usually do 4-5 reps straight then twist to one side, then the other and repeat until the bell rings. For pullups I rotate what type I do each session. One time I'll do kipping pullups, the next parallel grip, and the next chins. I do as many as feels right that day. Not to failure, but a good set. Usually around 7-12 reps. I haven't taken any before and after stats/pics, or anything, but for the little time and energy required it seems to be paying off well. I feel a lot more sturdy and balanced. And as an added bonus, my shoulders/back have apparently grown a little. Even people that see me everyday have mentioned I look broader now. Anyways, just a tip I thought I'd share. A quick set of situps and pullups at the end of your cardio days can reap big rewards.
    My Journal

Awesome with the extra credit work!

Saturday, October 6

HEAVY SQUAT/DEAD:
    Dead Lift
    45*10
    135*5
    225*3
    315*3
    360*3
    370*3
    405*3
    425*1
    445*1
    455*1

1 Leg Ext
    80*12
    80*12

GHR(assisted)
    BW*6
    BW*3+3negatives

Angled Calf
    80*12
    80*12

Supination Pronation
    12.5*12
    12.5*9

Hyper Ext
    25*12
    25*12

Blah, Blah, Blah...Weight 193.8...That came out of nowhere. That ties my PR. Had some help getting motivated from someone at the gym. Big, strong dude I've talked to a few times before. Says he pulled 800 in competition before(when he was younger) and judging from the weights he moves now I'm inclined to believe him. Seems to know his stuff. Mainly just gave me verble cues and watched me. It made a difference though. I wouldn't have came close to even trying that weight today if he weren't there.
    My Journal

Awesome with the extra credit work!
    Thanks. I'm always reading articles and going over what I do in my head. And somewhere in that muddled mess that is my mind, it made sense for me to add it in. Apparently my instincts were right.
    My Journal

Monday, October 8

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds w/30sec rests)
    3 rounds jump rope

Work Capacity
    10 pull-ups
    10 db swings per arm
    10 plyo push-ups
    10 knee tucks
    -AMRAP in 20min. I got 5rounds + pull-ups + db swings.

(3min rounds w/30sec rests)
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

Blah, Blah, Blah...Went hard last 30sec of each round...This wore my butt out.
    My Journal

Tuesday, October 9

HEAVY BENCH:
    Bench
    45*10
    135*5
    225*3
    250*3
    260*3
    270*3
    290*1
    305*1
    320*1

DB Inc Press
    65*12
    65*12

Shrugs
    205*12
    205*12

Pull-up
    BW*9
    BW*5

Rear Lateral ss/w Side Lateral
    17.5*12/15*12
    17.5*12/15*10

Con Curl
    25*12
    25*12

Sit 1 Arm DB Ext
    35*12
    35*12

Blah, Blah, Blah...320 went up strong.
    My Journal

Wednesday, October 10

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds)
    2 rounds jump rope
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    2 rounds heavy bag

Blah, Blah, Blah...Short and sweet today. Have to work 12hrs. tomorrow. Which means I have to get up at 1:00AM. Which also means I best get my arse to bed now. Goodnight.
    My Journal

Thursday, October 11

SPEED SQUAT/DEAD:
    Box Squat
    --

Dead Lift
    270*1*6

BB Hack Squat
    285*6
    285*6

Good Mornings
    120*6
    120*6

Stand Calves
    315*6
    315*6

Static Holds
    315*30sec
    315*23sec

Blah, Blah, Blah...People all up in the cage today. Couldn't do what I actually had planned.
    My Journal

Very nice man, really going at it!

Friday, October 12

TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds speed bag
    3 rounds heavy bag
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds jump rope
    2 rounds double end bag
    2 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds speed bag

Blah, Blah, Blah...A little stiff to start. Ended up being a good session overall.
    My Journal

Very nice man, really going at it!
    Thanks brother.
    My Journal

Monday, October 22

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds w/30sec rests)
    2 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

GPP
    30sec * burpees
    30sec * jumping jacks
    30sec * high knee db press(5lbs db's)
    30sec * shadow box
    -complete circuit 5 times.

Blah, Blah, Blah...Went hard last 30sec of each round...Took last week off. The body was telling me it was tired. This was a nice return to training.
    My Journal

Tuesday, October 23

SPEED BENCH:
    Bench
    190*3*6
    260*2
    275*2

Lockouts
    245*6
    245*6

V-Bar Pull-up
    25*6
    25*6

T-Bar Row
    160*6
    160*4

DB Shoulder Press
    65*6
    65*5

EZ Preacher Curl
    95*6
    95*6

Dips
    100*6
    100*6

Blah, Blah, Blah...
    My Journal

Wednesday, October 24

TRAINING:
    Boxing(3min rounds)
    2 rounds jump rope
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds heavy bag
    1 round slip rope
    2 rounds jump rope
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds slip rope

Blah, Blah, Blah...Just a session.
    My Journal

Tuesday, November 6

TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds)
    4 rounds jump rope
    2 rounds speed bag
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds precision bag
    2 rounds double end bag
    2 rounds speed bag
    2 rounds jump rope

Blah, Blah, Blah...Not bad...Did nothing last week. Had to work a few impromptu 12's and had parent teacher conferences for both kids...Since I've lifted once in the last 3 weeks, and I have less than 2 weeks until my surgery, I'm just going to skip lifting and mess around at the boxing club a little for now. Yes I said surgery. I have been tested and cleared to be the kidney donor for the dude at church. As long as he, or I, don't get sick it'll happen on Nov. 19th.
    My Journal

It's never been hard to see how you are so well blessed, but now it has come easier to see just why?

I applaud your selflessness, not that you want the attention or applause for what you are doing, far from it. God bless you and your family Brian!!

Friday, November 9

TRAINING:
    Boxing(2min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds speed bag
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds double end bag
    2 rounds jump rope
    1 round heavy bag
    1 round precision bag
    1 round shadow boxing
    1 round speed bag

Blah, Blah, Blah...Nothing too crazy. Just a good workout.
    My Journal

It's never been hard to see how you are so well blessed, but now it has come easier to see just why?

I applaud your selflessness, not that you want the attention or applause for what you are doing, far from it. God bless you and your family Brian!!
    Thanks T. That means a lot to me coming from you.
    My Journal

Quick update:

Surgery went well. As soon as they put my kidney in him it started working. The surgeon said I had great kidney's and that my friend couldn't have gotten a better donor. Good to know the fitness nut in me paid off in some way. I'm in some pain, but it's bearable. They sent me home with some percosets. Only had to stay in for 2 nights. It was nice being home for the holiday.
    My Journal

Had my post op check up yesterday. Doctor says everything's healing up well. I'm even a little ahead of the curve. Apparently, most people are still taking pain meds. I quit taking them 3 days ago. I still have to wait 2 more weeks before doing anything, and even then he said to start out extremely light and easy. Right now I can walk, or ride a stationary bike, but nothing with any impact. I asked if I could jump rope and he said no to that even. The other guy is still doing well too. All his numbers are good and no signs of rejection. So far it has been a pretty smooth process. For that I am a happy guy.
    My Journal