Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A Father, a Fighter and a Lifter

Monday 8/24/09
    TRAINING

Boxing(3min rounds w/30sec punchouts at the end of each round)
    2 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

GPP(#2)
    Burpees*30sec
    Jumping Jacks*30sec
    Split Jumps*30sec
    Burpees*30sec
    Jumping Jacks*30sec
    Mountain Climbers*30sec
    -5 rounds w/30sec rest between rounds.

-Pushed myself, but gave up, mentally, a few times during the gpp circuit. Man that s**t's hard, but I never actually quit. Just the thought to quit entered my mind. That's not acceptable.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Tuesday 8/25/09
    SPEED BENCH

5min shadow box warmup;

Bench 190*3*8
    Lockouts(hole #10) 250*8,8
    V-Bar Pullups 5*8,8
    V-Bar Cable Row 180*8,8
    DB Shoulder Press 60*8,8
    EZ Preacher Curl 95*8,6
    Skull Crush 120*8,6

-Real good workout. Felt strong.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Bruteman View Post
    ...Real good workout. Felt strong.
    Looks strong throughout!! - doing great.

Wednesday 8/26/09
    TRAINING

Cardio(Running)
    20min

Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    4 rounds heavy bag
    3 rounds slip rope

-A little lethargic today.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Looks strong throughout!! - doing great.
    Thanks big man.
    My Journal

Thursday 8/27/09
    HEAVY SQUAT/DEAD

5min warmup on bike;

Box Squat 45*5, 135*5, 225*3, 265*3, 275*3, 285*3, 305*1, 315*1, 325*1, 335*1
    Front Squat 140*8,8
    1 Leg Curl 52.5*8,8
    Stand Calf 60*10,10
    Plate Pinch 25's*42sec,28sec
    Pull Throughs 55*8,8

-Not bad. Legs a bit tired.

Friday 8/28/09
    TRAINING

Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds double end bag
    2 rounds mitts

-Worn down from a rough week at work.
    My Journal

Saturday 8/29/09
    HEAVY BENCH

5min shadow boxing warmup;

Inc Press 45*5, 135*5, 155*3, 165*3, 175*32, 185*3, 205*1, 215*1, 225*1, 235*1
    Flies 55*8,8
    Shrugs 275*10,10
    Pullups 20*8,8
    Cable Rear/Side Lat 10*10,10/15*10,8
    DB Inc Curl 35*8,8
    1 Arm Pressdown 40*8,5

-Not a bad workout at all.
    My Journal

Stepping to it overall, especially like the way you handled the box squats and inclines.

Monday 8/31/09
    TRAINING

Boxing(3min rounds w/30sec punchouts)
    2 rounds jump rope

Conditioning(Work Capacity 101)
    5 pullups
    10 hammer swings
    15 burpees
    20 jumping jacks
    -Perform circuit as many times as possible in 20min. I got 7 rounds+5 pullups+10 hammer swings.

Boxing(3min rounds w/30sec punchouts)
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

-Nothing to brag about, just a real good session.
    My Journal

Stepping to it overall, especially like the way you handled the box squats and inclines.
    It's more like they handled me. I'm hating this feeling/being weak crap. Not that I was ever really that strong, but at least, even when I failed an attempt, I felt strong and was moving some respectable weight. Now the weights are low and they feel heavy as f**k.
    My Journal

Wednesday 9/2/09
    TRAINING

Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds double end bag

-Got to the club late, so that's all I had time to get in. Have been feeling worn down anyways. It was probably good for me to get a shorter session in.
    My Journal

Thursday 9/3/09
    SPEED BENCH

did a few sets of a few lifts with just a barbell to warmup;

Bench 190*3*8, 255*2, 275*2
    4 Board Press 255*8,8
    Pullups 22.5*8,4
    BB Row 215*8,8
    Shoulder Press 125*8,8
    BB Curl 100*8,6
    Dips 100*8,8

-Speed was good and felt strong throughout.
    My Journal

Doing very well with the boxing, conditioning, and workout sessions.

Friday 9/4/09
    TRAINING

Cardio(Running)
    20min

Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    1 round slip ball
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds sparring w/Al

-Felt pretty good today. Just some light sparring to keep the reflexes sharp.
    My Journal

Doing very well with the boxing, conditioning, and workout sessions.
    Thanks Coke. I've been fairly consistant with it all lately. I actually feel like I could step in and fight right now. Conditioning is good, skills are good. The only thing that's lacking is strength, and even that isn't bad for a fighter. It's just bad in my eyes for me.
    My Journal

Monday 9/14/09
    TRAINING

Boxing(3min rounds w/punchouts)
    2 rounds jump rope

Conditioning(Density Day)
    2 db snatches per arm
    6 burpees
    -repeat as many times as possible in 10min. I got 12 rounds in using a 25lb db.

Hammer swings
    -swing as many times as possible in 10min. switching grip every 5 swings. I got 356 swings in.

Power boxing
    -hit the heavy bag hard and fast for a 5min round.

2 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    2 rounds heavy bag

-OK session. I felt a little tired. I did improve though. Last time I did "Density Day" I didn't finish the 12th round of the circuit, and I got 66 more hammer swings in this time.

Friday 9/18/09
    TRAINING

Cardio(Running)
    20min

Boxing(3min rounds)
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip ball
    1 round speed bag
    2.5 rounds sparring w/Al
    2 rounds heavy bag

-Haven't been doing too much this past week. The body was tired, so had a deload week. I'm ready to get back at it full bore next week.
    My Journal

Monday 9/21/09
    TRAINING

2 rounds jump rope
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

GPP(#4)
    100 rope turns
    10 burpees
    10 pushups
    10 BW squats
    -Repeat circuit 10 times for time. I finished in 23:59.

-Hands are feeling fast. I've done this gpp circuit faster, but this was still a real good effort.

Tuesday 9/22/09
    SPEED BENCH

5min shadow box to warmup;

Bench 190*3*8, 255*2, 275*2
    4 Board Press 255*8,6
    Pullups 22.5*8,4
    BB Row 215*8,8
    Shoulder Press 125*8,7
    BB Curl 100*8,5
    Dips 100*8,5

-Good first w/o coming off a deload.
    My Journal

Good job man, held on real strong with the 275 bench.

Thursday 9/24/09
    HEAVY SQUAT/DEAD

Did some body weight stuff to warmup;

Squat 45*10, 135*5, 225*3, 270*3, 280*3, 290*3, 310*1, 320*1, 330*1, 340*1
    1 Leg Ext 100*8,8
    GHR(assisted) BW*8,4
    Donkey Calf 115*10,8
    Supination Pronation 10*10,10

-OK workout. Just have no squat power.

Friday 9/25/09
    TRAINING

Cardio(Running)
    20min

Boxing(3min rounds)
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds speed bag
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds double end bag
    1 round slip ball

-About the same as every friday session. Worn down from a week of work, but a good effort none the less.

Saturday 9/26/09
    HEAVY BENCH

Did some lifts with the BB to warmup;

Bench 45*6, 135*5, 225*3, 250*3, 260*3, 270*3, 290*1, 300*1, 310*1, 320*1
    DB Inc Press 80*8,8
    DB Pullover 100*10,9
    DB Row 100*10,10
    Rear Lat/Side Lat 20*10,10/20*10,5
    Con Curl 40*8,5
    Sit 1 Arm DB Ext 40*8,8

-Weight 194.8...Did this workout at the Community Center. Got home from work and didn't feel like being out in the garage...Not a bad session. Felt kind of strong.
    My Journal

Good job man, held on real strong with the 275 bench.
    Suppose to do a few heavier speed sets once in a while. 275 goes up pretty fast, but it takes some effort to do so.
    My Journal

Finished off the week very well guy, fine numbers all around.

Monday 9/28/09
    TRAINING

2 rounds jump rope

Conditioning(Sweet 16)
    tabata punchouts
    tabata BW squats
    tabata punchouts
    tabata pushups

3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

-Don't know what to say really. Tabata style intervals are harsh. My arms and legs felt like jello after the conditioning.
    My Journal

Finished off the week very well guy, fine numbers all around.
    lol, it feels more like the week is finishing me off every week. I'm one tired SOB come saturday.
    My Journal

Just dropping in to say hi. Been a long time. Things are looking good in here!
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Tuesday 9/29/09
    SPEED SQUAT/DEAD

body weight warmup;

Box Squat 170*2*8, 275*2, 290*2
    Power Clean 185*1*6
    Lunge 145*8,8
    RDL 280*8,8
    Stand Calves 340*10,8
    Static Holds 405*38sec,33sec

-Good session.

Wednesday 9/30/09
    TRAINING

Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds double end bag
    3 rounds sparring w/Al

-It was kind of an odd day today. Had a good session, but felt winded/gassed the whole time. Punch volume was good and punches were crisp, just needed some extra oxygen I guess. lol
    My Journal