Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: A Father, a Fighter and a Lifter

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Always a nice groove going with things son, hope you all are doing fine.
    Ya', things are rolling along again like normal. The crew is all doing well also. We had our bout with the flu here not too long ago, but we are all healthy now. Just had the family picture done. Here's copies of the proofs of the ones we got.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Bruteman View Post
    Just had the family picture done. Here's copies of the proofs of the ones we got.
    The pics are beautiful, Thanks for sharing 'em.

Thursday 11/12/09
    SPEED BENCH

BB warmup;

Bench 190*3*8, 255*2, 275*2
    5 Board Press 290*5,3
    Pullups 27.5*6,5
    BB Row 240*6,5
    Shoulder Press 140*6,4
    BB Curl 110*6,4
    Dips 115*6,6

-Felt sore, weak and beat up.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

The pics are beautiful, Thanks for sharing 'em.
    Thank you. I really like the way the kids picture came out. All their pictures came out good, but that one was imparticularly cute.
    My Journal

Friday 11/13/09
    TRAINING

Cardio(Running)
    20min

Boxing(3min rounds)
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds double end bag
    2 rounds heavy bag

-A laid back day. Was suppose to spar, but never got around to it. I do feel like I'm pretty much back to pre-sickness form though.
    My Journal

Saturday 11/14/09
    HEAVY SQUAT/DEAD

BW warmup;

Box Squat 45*5, 135*5, 225*3, 270*3, 280*3, 290*3, 310*1, 320*1, 330*1, 340*1
    1 Leg Ext 100*12,9
    GHR(assisted) BW*6+4negatives,3+3negatives
    Angled Calf 110*12,12
    Supination Pronation 12.5*6,5
    Hyper Ext 40*12,11

-Weight 195.0...Just a good workout.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Bruteman View Post
    ...Just a good workout.
    No kidding man, looks nice.

Monday 11/16/09
    TRAINING

Boxing(3min rounds w/punchouts)
    2 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds slip rope
    3 rounds heavy bag

GPP
    Burpees*30sec
    Jumping Jacks*30sec
    Split Jumps*30sec
    Burpees*30sec
    Jumping Jacks*30sec
    Mountain Climbers*30sec
    -5rounds w/30sec rests between rounds.

-Not bad. Legs were tired and sore.
    My Journal

No kidding man, looks nice.
    Thanks big man.
    My Journal

Tuesday 11/17/09
    HEAVY BENCH

BB warmup;

Bottom Up Bench 45*5, 135*5, 225*3, 235*3, 245*3, 255*3, 275*1, 285*1, 295*1, 305*1
    DB Inc Press 75*12,11
    Shrugs 270*12,9
    Pullups BW*12,7
    Rear Lat/Side Lat 22.5*12,12/15*12,12
    Con Curl 30*12,9
    Sit 1 Arm DB Ext 37.5*12,10

-Happy with this effort.

Wednesday 11/18/09
    TRAINING

Boxing(3min rounds)
    3 rounds jump rope
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    2 rounds sparring w/Paul
    2 rounds heavy bag
    2 rounds sparring w/Shana

-Felt darn good. Paul is taller than me, but a little lighter. It's soooo much better for me sparring someone my size. Shana is a young lady that has been coming for a while now. She's doing quite well. She's naturally strong and athletic(she plays rugby also), so that's helping. I was happy with my performance in general. As always, defense needs more work, but I'm getting much more poised under preasure.
    My Journal

Nice benching and all...like the sparring and what not too as you well know, lol.

Thursday 11/19/09
    SPEED SQUAT/DEAD

body weight warmup;

Box Squat 185*2*8, 275*2, 290*2
    Dead Lift 265*1*6
    Oly Squat 240*6,6
    Good Mornings 140*6,6
    Stand Calves 385*6,6
    Static Holds 405*15sec,8sec

-Everything went well except for grip work. Just couldn't work up the mental fortitude to keep hanging on to the weight.
    My Journal

Nice benching and all...like the sparring and what not too as you well know, lol.
    hehe, you're just like everyone else. They all like to hear about me getting beat up.
    My Journal

Friday 11/20/09
    TRAINING

Cardio(Running)
    20min

Boxing(3min rounds)
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds heavy bag
    1 round double end bag
    2 rounds slip ball
    2 rounds speed bag

-Felt real good. No rundownendoftheweekedness. Don't know why, but I'll take it.
    Last edited by Bruteman; 11-20-2009 at 05:37 PM.
    My Journal

Beautiful family you have! Sessions are looking great.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Saturday 11/21/09
    SPEED BENCH

BB warmup;

Bench 190*3*8
    Lockouts(hole #8) 270*6,6
    V-Bar Pullups 10*6,6
    T-Bar Row 160*6,6
    DB Shoulder Press 70*6,5
    EZ Preacher Curl 100*6,6
    Skull Crush 125*6,6

-Weight 194.6...Crushed the weights!
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Beautiful family you have! Sessions are looking great.
    Thanks C. I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Family life can get hectic at times, but it is sooooooo worth it in the long haul. I think it's about time you got yourself one.
    My Journal

Oh, I'm a sucker for nice family photos. You all make a beautiful family! How old are your kids? I have a boy who is 6 and a girl who is 2 and a half. Busy times for sure. Know that hectic feeling you speak of. All the best with your training and the family.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Lean Mean Machine in progress!
    Go hard or go home!

GoodyGirl's Lean Mean Machine Journal

Tuesday 11/24/09
    HEAVY SQUAT/DEAD

BW warmup;

Box Squat 45*5, 135*5, 225*3, 275*3, 285*3, 295*3, 315*1, 325*1, 335*1, 345*1
    DB Lunge 70*12,8
    1 Leg Curl 65*12,11
    Stand Calf 20*12,12
    Plate Pinch 25's*32sec,31sec
    Pull Throughs #14.5*12,12

-WooHoo! Another good day...Won't be doing anything wednesday(working 12hrs), thursday is turkey day, friday(or possibly sunday) I may test my maxes and saturday I have a 5k race. After that I'm not sure. I may consider this week a deload week, or I may make next week one. Guess it depends on how I feel at the end of the week.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by GoodyGirl View Post
    Oh, I'm a sucker for nice family photos. You all make a beautiful family! How old are your kids? I have a boy who is 6 and a girl who is 2 and a half. Busy times for sure. Know that hectic feeling you speak of. All the best with your training and the family.
    Thank you. My girl is 8, and the boy is 2. Both of their birthdays are coming up here in January. The crazieness just keeps getting worse too. As they get older and more involved in school, sports and what have you, it will be chaos trying to get everyone where they need to be, let alone find time for a workout. I always find a way to make it work, but it can get stressful at times.
    My Journal

Good job overall Brian, looking strong.

Friday 11/27/09
    TEST DAY

Squat 45*8, 135*4, 225*1, 315*1, 335*1, 355*1
    Bench 45*8, 135*4, 225*2, 315*1, 320*1, 330*1
    Dead Lift 135*1, 225*1, 315*1, 405*1, 430*1, 450*0

-Put myself through a fake meet sort of. Did a few warmup sets of each lift and then gave myself 3 attempts at maxes. Felt ok for the most part. My squat sucks as usual. My form fell apart in the hole on 355, but I got it up. Bench was touch-n-go style. 315 felt heavy as hell. 320 flew up. Lost the groove on 330 a little, still muscled it up fairly smoothly. I was afraid big man may have touched the bar, but I never felt him help and after watching the video closely I don't think he did. Pulling felt the best of the 3. 405 and 430 went up easy. Got greedy and tried 450, but just didn't have it in me. Should've went for 440 instead.

Saturday 11/28/09
    RACE

T-N-T 5k 24:00

-Legs felt like lead. Go figure. Max out the night before and your legs are tired. haha

Some vid's of my lifts:

335 & 355 Squat
    Video

320 & 330 Bench
    Video

430 Dead Lift
    Video
    Last edited by Bruteman; 11-28-2009 at 09:01 PM.
    My Journal

The Highland Brawler Geometheus's Avatar
    first time checking out your journal.... got to say those videos look good and your dead lifts are great.

I think doing a "fake meet" like you did is a great idea and I will have to try the same sometime shortly.
    ~G~
    Best Raw Lifts Former/Current: 445/505 SQ, 425/345 BP, 530/425 DL
    My training log.... on the way back up with new focus
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130681

All lifts were super dude, squats were real deep...thanks for sharing the vids.

Monday 11/30/09
    SPEED BENCH

BB warmup;

Bench 195*3*8, 265*2, 280*2
    5 Board Press 290*6,5
    Pullups 27.5*6,6
    BB Row 240*6,4
    Shoulder Press 140*6,5
    BB Curl 110*6,4
    Dips 120*6,6

-Felt d@mn good.
    My Journal