Thread: Questions about geared lifting

Threaded View

Questions about geared lifting

Last week I nailed 405 and did a very nice 415 squat. The squat was as perfect as can be. No stalling at all. Today I did 405 which was a tad high but looked good but got completely destroyed by 425. I came up about 3-4 inches and failed. I made a huge mistake/discovery today... the suit will actually make you lift less if you don't force it to make you lift more (if that makes sense).

Excuse my little rant as I type what I think with broken blood vessels all over my face but I am just speaking from what I have noticed personally.

The suit changes the entire squat game. I did not think it would be so drastic but my entire thought process during the lift has been changed. I never considered squat speed and how I bring my knees out to be such massive factors but they do. Chest up has a whole new meaning as well. Keeping your chest up is 1000 times harder when you have a suit tugging at you.

Now to my issue... squat speed. I have seen people in suits go down brutally slow and than push the second the break parallel. I have seen others move down relatively fast and as soon as they break use that pop off the bottom to help themselves up. I tried the slow moving option and it failed me. Last week I did the "drop faster" method and it seemed to work. Which is the preferred method? I find if I go too slow I run out of steam by the time I get to the bottom. If I move faster I concentrate on keeping tight and following the groove and finally punch out of the bottom once I break. I don't have a specific question about this but am curious to have some input from you guys.

My next issue seems to be keeping everything in mind during the squat with a suit. I guess this is just like learning to squat for the first time... remembering to flex your back, keep the arch, not to go on your toes... I think more time with the suit will help this problem.
    I feel like a beginner again lol.
    Last edited by BFGUITAR; 08-10-2009 at 05:54 PM.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.