The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Heres my new diet...

So based on the new article and this other article I read I fixed this diet, but for some reason its not enough...

Meal 1 - Breakfast
    3 Eggs
    2 pieces bread
    1 serv Nitrean with milk
    1 cup OJ

ETS
    Fish Oil 1 tab

782 Cal - 57g Pro/71g carb/30g fat

Meal 2 - Opticen 1 serv with 3 cups skim milk
    645 Cal - 64g Pro/67g Carb/8g Fat

Meal 3 - Opticen 1 serv with 3 cups water
    375 Cal - 40g Pro/35g Carb/8g Fat

Meal 4 - Mcdonalds Quarter Pouder with Cheese
    1 small fries and 1 small coke

865 Cal/31g Pro/104g Carb/38g Fat

Meal 5 - 2 serv Nitrean with water
    220 Cal - 48g Pro/ 1g Carb/2g Fat

Fishoil 2x times throughout the day and ETS before bed.

2887 Cal - 240g Pro/270g Carb/86g Fat

Here comes the question.... I had a problem today because I got hungry so I consumed meal 4 at around 4pm.... now needless to say I'm pretty hungry by 8pm. Is there something I can manipulate here? Maybe switch something?

Edit: forgot to mention my goals are powerlifting and to weigh 170.
    Last edited by Virtron; 08-12-2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: forgot to mention goals
    When I die. I want to be frozen. And if they have to freeze me in pieces, so be it. I will wake up stronger than ever, because I will have used that time, to figure out exactly why I died. And what moves I could have used to defend myself better now that I know what hold he had me in.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Your diet is really lacking in REAL food and I would expect that is the reason you are getting hungry early on. I really feel you need to fix that..

I use Nitrean and Opticen heavily, but still ensure each meal has some real foods in it. I would look to revise the diet and ensure it contains more real food and I think you will find that you get on better. It's ok to have one liquid meal, maybe even two if you have a very busy job, but you gotta make at least 3 of your 5 meals solid meals - preferably bereakfast, lunch and your evening meal.

How about try this.

Meal 1: Eggs, bread + Nitrean
    Meal 2: Opticen
    Meal 3: Mcdonalds Quarter Pounder with Cheese
    Meal 4: Nitrean + Yogurt and fruit
    Meal 5: Evening meal (meat and veggies and potatoes if you want carbs)

Instead of Nitrean
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Heres an example of my diet also so you can get a feel for the mix between real food and supplements.

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=Cloughie

The above is a non trainng day, on a training day I would also be consuming an Opticen during/post workout which will add about 300 something calories onto that.

The meal breakdown is:

Meal 1 (8:00am) - 2 whole eggs, 1 egg white and a pure fruit smoothie drink
    Meal 2 (11:00am) - Novus Protein Bar, 60g cashew nuts and 4 x fish oil
    Meal 3 (1:00pm) - Chicken & vegetables and 2 x fish oil
    Meal 4 (8:00am) - 1/4 cup plain yogurt, berries, 2 x Nitrean (with water) and 4 x fish oil
    Meal 5 (8:00am) - chicken and new potatoes

As you can see I still use Nitrean and Novus bars and on a training day Opticen too but I am still getting in a decent amount of real food.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Wannabebig Member
    There's also carb rotation diet from the "Flab and Fat Away" e-book by Rose Windale. It's good for losing weight. It suggest eating more through healthy foods. YOu don't have to starve yourself just to get a slimmer body. It's a wrong way in losing weight.

Should have asked, are you actually trying to gain or lose weight? (although my advice stays the same)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Should have asked, are you actually trying to gain or lose weight? (although my advice stays the same)
    Oh man thank you so much... I was hoping it would be you that would reply. I had just read your to bulk or to cut article and made the diet based on that. I'm trying to gain weight. I want to lose 4 pounds of fat and 10 pounds of muscle putting me at 169-170. I use 16 as the activity factor and that puts me at 2700 calories. I think I'll us that meal plan. I went with liquids because of my commutes to work and such.

7am I have breakfast
    I leave the house at around 7:45 and get to work at 9. Yes it takes that long. lol. I get hungry at around 11 and just gotta eat something. I leave work at 4pm and get home at 5:30pm. Because of my budget I can only afford to purchase one meal. I work on the upper east side of NYC. Lunch here is expensive. Hence, the mcdonalds... which ends up being 6 bucks anyway. Everything else around here is like 8 dollars for a 3 calorie super-ultra-fat-non-existent sandwich. In any case, I figured a shake at 11 and then I grab a meal at 3 from McDs. Now, the problem is that at 5:30 I come home and get ready to go to the gym which i hit at like 6:30. I guess this is where your suggestion for meal 4 would come in. Thanks a lot man. This will fit perfectly. =D
    When I die. I want to be frozen. And if they have to freeze me in pieces, so be it. I will wake up stronger than ever, because I will have used that time, to figure out exactly why I died. And what moves I could have used to defend myself better now that I know what hold he had me in.