Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inglourious Basterds

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    From what I understand he got Pitt drunk so he would sign on to do the movie. This happened at Pitt's place in France where Pink Floyd's "The Wall" was recorded.
    According to the interview that T gave on Stern, after 3 bottles of wine, Brad signed up and as T was leaving, some time around 3 a.m. or so, Brad goes into another room and retrieves a nice brick of the good stuff and slices off a generous hunk, passing it to T. T said he had no pipe and Brad hands him a Coke can! ROTFLMFAO!

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whatdahell? View Post
    Where the hell did this come from?.
    Last time I checked, he's in the movie.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Anyone else think they probably could have shortened this movie by about an hour if they shortened the awkward pauses in the bad guy's conversations and cut down on the pointless suspense every 5 minutes (except the 5 minute strudel eating scene, that looked delicious).

Loved the movie. Absolute genius. Only qualm is that it could have been at least 30 minutes shorter. Although I was ok with it since many of the dialogue scenes i found entrancing and tension building. Overall the movie was incredible.

I thought the guy that played the head Nazi put on one of the most brilliant acting performances I have seen in years. He was incredible in the opening scene.
    Last edited by Abe Froman; 08-28-2009 at 10:26 AM.
    From sixty twos, gemstars my mom's dishes

Banned
    That opening scene itself was incredible and yeah, the guy playing Col. Landa did a hell of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    Last time I checked, he's in the movie.
    This discussion has been about the movie. I could understand if you wanted to critique his acting in it. Nothing about how this 44 year old dude makes you 'swoon'.
    23 years old
    5' 6"
    153 lbs

Bench: 315
    Deadlift: 400
    Squat: 425

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    Looks like I'll have to be the first to say it:
    Brad Pitt makes me swoon.
    I'm not attracted to him sexually (not that it would matter if I was), but that guy is fantastic looking.
    Nope, not gay at all.

Really enjoyed the movie! - So did the wife!
    "to teach God's word, by his own example; that we must Love all things that God made" - The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

DL: 375 RAW No Belt, No Wraps, No nothing!
    SQ: 325 RAW " " "
    BP: 220 RAW " " "

Total: 920 hahaha Not quite a 1000lbs (This was done back in 2008 )

Saw this movie this afternoon. Best movie I've seen in years and is definitely worth the price of admission to see it in theaters. The Nazi Colonel was a brilliant character and so was the Bear Jew. hahah
    i bleed oil

"but seriously dude georgeous women reside everywhere, go look and ****" - BigCorey75

Saw it last night. Pretty good. The dialogue was excellent, and Brad Pitt was funny. The German Jew Hunter's character was incredible. I've never just HATED a character so much or so quickly. If he doesn't win an award, I'll be shocked.

Aside from the one-liners, I don't think Pitt was that great. He's usually pretty good, but he just didn't stop being Brad Pitt to me. The whole time, I felt like I was watching him try to be a character, instead of just seeing the character as-portrayed. The face he was making all the time made him look like he was getting a never-ending colonoscopy and his Tennessee accent not only wasn't very accurate, it was just inconsistent.

His character, though, was funny. I guess if the goal was for him to look ridiculous (and maybe it was), then it was perfect.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd View Post
    Saw it last night. Pretty good. The dialogue was excellent, and Brad Pitt was funny. The German Jew Hunter's character was incredible. I've never just HATED a character so much or so quickly. If he doesn't win an award, I'll be shocked.

Aside from the one-liners, I don't think Pitt was that great. He's usually pretty good, but he just didn't stop being Brad Pitt to me. The whole time, I felt like I was watching him try to be a character, instead of just seeing the character as-portrayed. The face he was making all the time made him look like he was getting a never-ending colonoscopy and his Tennessee accent not only wasn't very accurate, it was just inconsistent.

His character, though, was funny. I guess if the goal was for him to look ridiculous (and maybe it was), then it was perfect.
    Spot on. Totally agree with your synopsis on Pitt. I always thought the same thing but could never put my finger on why he never seemed authentic to me...its always "Pitt playing a character", you never truly believe he IS that guy.

Never thought Pitt was a great actor, especially when he's trying to play a someone out of his element. He was funny in this movie however and did his role justice other than the things u pointed out.

Wannabebig Member
    very intense movie but a bit drawn out. Overall i enjoyed it and will def watch on DVD again

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
    Spot on. Totally agree with your synopsis on Pitt. I always thought the same thing but could never put my finger on why he never seemed authentic to me...its always "Pitt playing a character", you never truly believe he IS that guy.

Never thought Pitt was a great actor, especially when he's trying to play a someone out of his element. He was funny in this movie however and did his role justice other than the things u pointed out.
    I think part of it is that his face is in front of us 24/7. He's a good actor, really. He's smooth and fluid when playing a character. I think it's just the face time. A guy like Tom Hanks or Daniel Day Lewis can disappear within a character, but you never see either of them on the TV day-to-day. There's really only a select few actors that can pull that off, and Pitt just doesn't have the low-key status to do that.

He did it pretty well in Troy, though.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

saw it yesterday and absolutely loved it

I don't know what it was but there was something about that movie that left me thinking it was amazing

Watched it with my brothers last night. Laughed pretty hard when they claimed to be able to speak Italian, and then hearing Brad Pitt go "arrivedeci" in his Tennessee accent made us laugh our asses off.

Liked it way more than I thought I would
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

Picked this up today on Blu-Ray.....fantastic. Probably going to be put on the shelf in the favorites section. Anybody else grab it?

Quote Originally Posted by gohard View Post
    Picked this up today on Blu-Ray.....fantastic. Probably going to be put on the shelf in the favorites section. Anybody else grab it?
    Just watched it for the first time. I would have liked a little more arse kicking and less with the women. But I love Tarentino films, so definetly being added to my collection also.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Just watched it for the first time. I would have liked a little more arse kicking and less with the women. But I love Tarentino films, so definetly being added to my collection also.
    Yeah - I was kind of disappointed that the movie wasn't more about the Basterds instead of the French lady.

Quote Originally Posted by gohard View Post
    Yeah - I was kind of disappointed that the movie wasn't more about the Basterds instead of the French lady.
    That basically ruined the movie for me honestly. It was just to much I did like how it all kind of connected at the end.

True. Coming out I just felt like I watched 3 or 4 movies instead of just one.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWilder View Post
    Liked it way more than I thought I would
    +1

In general it has been difficult for me to understand why everyone thinks that Quentin Tarantino is some sort of god. I disliked both Kill Bills and have felt that Tarantino tries too hard to be "cool" with his dialogue... but this movie was nearly flawless in my opinion.

I do agree that I was expecting more action from Brad Pitt's team but that's not to say that it would have been a better movie had they done so. Without a doubt Christopher Waltz (the guy playing Colonel Hans Landa) stole the show and at a couple parts the suspense is built up perfectly. Only complaint in that area though is that the scene at the underground bar/tavern was maybe 5 minutes too long.

I am pretty much the first person you'd think of who would hate a Tarantino movie (Death-Proof, anyone?) but this movie was so refreshing especially considering its take on specific historical events. It kicks ass and doesn't ask for your permission.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

She should have followed Zombieland rule#2: The Double Tap

I thought the movie was awesome. The Jew Hunter's dialogue and articulation was incredilble. I agree that I've probably never hated a character more, yet loved them at the same time. It was awesome.

I thought Pitts role was more funny than anything. "You will get me 100 nazi scalps", lulz. His accent may have been off, but it made his lines funnier. Pretty humorous when he was talking about how we like our nazi's in plain sight. That was brutal how he carved that in their forehead. The bar scene was pretty cool, though I was bummed everyone died, but meh, it's a Tarrantino film, might as well have expected it. One thing about both Tarrantino and Scorsese is everyone dies, lol..

I'll definately watch it a few more times, it was a great movie.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Quote Originally Posted by JSully View Post
    She should have followed Zombieland rule#2: The Double Tap

I thought the movie was awesome. The Jew Hunter's dialogue and articulation was incredilble. I agree that I've probably never hated a character more, yet loved them at the same time. It was awesome.

I thought Pitts role was more funny than anything. "You will get me 100 nazi scalps", lulz. His accent may have been off, but it made his lines funnier. Pretty humorous when he was talking about how we like our nazi's in plain sight. That was brutal how he carved that in their forehead. The bar scene was pretty cool, though I was bummed everyone died, but meh, it's a Tarrantino film, might as well have expected it. One thing about both Tarrantino and Scorsese is everyone dies, lol..

I'll definately watch it a few more times, it was a great movie.
    Love the Bear Jew scene, when the dude is tapping the baseball bat in the tunnel. Freaking awesome. We got a guy at the gym, who's new nickname is Bear Jew. I started calling him that and he started calling me Little Guy, even though I'm 5 lbs heavier then him.

Natzee aint' got no humanity. Their the foot soldiers of a Jew-Hatin' Mass murderin' maniac and they need to be dee-stroyed.