Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inglourious Basterds

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Love the Bear Jew scene, when the dude is tapping the baseball bat in the tunnel. Freaking awesome. We got a guy at the gym, who's new nickname is Bear Jew. I started calling him that and he started calling me Little Guy, even though I'm 5 lbs heavier then him.
    yeah, that was an awesome scene. There was definately the look of intimidation on all their faces.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

I was excited to see it, but it put me to sleep. There were some good scenes, but it was too long and if I'm going to sit and read for 2.5 hrs I'll sit down with a book......I hated the front to back subtitling.

Quote Originally Posted by SDS View Post
    I was excited to see it, but it put me to sleep. There were some good scenes, but it was too long and if I'm going to sit and read for 2.5 hrs I'll sit down with a book......I hated the front to back subtitling.
    I liked what they did with Valkyrie.. How they started in German with english sutitles, then turned it into english. So you knew they were speaking german the whole time and they purposely changed it to english for us to understand. That was pretty clever
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

I really liked this movie. I do wish there was a little more about the Basterds. The sub titles didn't bother me, but I did have trouble reading some of them due to the background.
    Last edited by Mike G; 12-21-2009 at 05:29 PM.

It was a good movie not great though. I thought there would be a little more action, but the story was very well done.

Found these lol..

Last edited by View 1; 12-21-2009 at 07:23 PM.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Saw it this weekend and it was cool, pulp fiction is still the best followed by reservoir dogs! If you don't love the tip scened in RD something is missing in your brain cause that is how all men feel but the fell inclined to tip!!!!!!!!

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    I saw this movie the same day I saw Avatar and District 9. This was my favorite by far. I thought it was hilarious and like any Tarantino, well directed.

I don't understand the "it's too long" criticisms. Generational thing maybe, but shorten it and it just becomes a highlight reel. Pretty soon there will be no need for 2 hr+ movies, just the 30 second versions re-enacted with bunnies.

If I had my copy of Fahrenheit 451, I'd be quoting to you right now about "digests"...

edit: btw, I think Tarantino is a genius. I don't always love his films and I won't watch this one again, but it is a great film.
    Last edited by Sensei; 12-28-2009 at 02:37 PM.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/