Thread: how does cardio work?

Hybrid View

how does cardio work?

Im wondering how cardio burns fat exactly. From the little knowlege I have of cardio, i understand that it burns calories. So say I eat 500 calories, then I go do cardio and burn off exactly 500 cals, how is this any better than If I didn't eat the calories in the first place?

Either way, the calories will get burt. And either way, they wont be used to repair muscle. So what are the benefits of doing cardio when cutting, as opposed to lowering cals and not doing the cardio?
    my other favorite forum! Check it out!

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/

cardio is good for you in a general health sense, it also helps in many functional ways. If you burn calories doing cardio, that is less that you need to diet, so you can eat more and get more nutrients. Just don't overdue it.

I see.

So basically, it is better to consume calories, then burn them off with cardio, then to not consume the cals b/c the nutrients stay with you?

So then cardio is more a way of mainting muscle in a sense? What if you dont eat the cals, will your bf level stay the same as if you would have ate them then done cardio? (I understand one meal, or one cardio session wont change your bf, but in symplifying).
    my other favorite forum! Check it out!

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/

Wannabebig Member
    The idea is you eat calories to build the muscle. On a bulking phase you will in take more than the body needs to make sure you have enough to add the muscle mass. That is why you add fat too. Then, when you want to cut you use the cardio to inverse the calorie deficit. It takes roughly 3500 cals more or less than your body expends to add or remove 1 pound of fat.

Cardio is also good for circulatory and respitatory systems for general health.

If you get into the habit of missing meals to equal out calorie consumption to expenditure then the body will think you are starving it and will then try to maintain as much fat as possible rather than burning. This is why not eating can actually make you stop losing fat.
    I want to squat a car