The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Thoughts after reading "To Bulk or to Cut"

Hi guys,

I've read the subject article a couple of times now and it makes sense to me, so I'm willing to dedicate myself to its logic and see if results come. However, the question is - what is my target weight and body fat percentage? I have no idea, although I can tell you that ideally I would like to look something like the chap in this link:

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/Fitness-...ompetition/cat

To me that looks like low body fat (I'm guessing 8%) with a good amount of lean muscle.

I am 6'2", 182 pounds and 17.45% body fat (according to this: http://www.davedraper.com/bodyfat-calculation.html) - can you give me an idea of what my weight and my body fat percentage should be in order to reach my ideal goal?

Cheers

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

That guy doesn't have a huge amount of muscle. He's really lean though, that's for sure. If you bulk up to 225, then cut down to 200-ish, you'll look much better than that guy.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SDS View Post
    That guy doesn't have a huge amount of muscle. He's really lean though, that's for sure. If you bulk up to 225, then cut down to 200-ish, you'll look much better than that guy.
    Thanks, I appreciate the post, but it didn't actually answer my question and ignored the principle of "don't bulk then cut".

You're 6'2, 182......you have to bulk. If you bulk, then cut to 200 with a bf% less than 12 you'll be lookin' mighty dope.

Just set your calories for an end goal of 200 lbs, or 210, your choice. Then you can adjust up or down as you go, just like the article says.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by badgerer View Post
    Hi guys,

I've read the subject article a couple of times now and it makes sense to me, so I'm willing to dedicate myself to its logic and see if results come. However, the question is - what is my target weight and body fat percentage? I have no idea, although I can tell you that ideally I would like to look something like the chap in this link:

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/Fitness-...ompetition/cat

To me that looks like low body fat (I'm guessing 8%) with a good amount of lean muscle.

I am 6'2", 182 pounds and 17.45% body fat (according to this: http://www.davedraper.com/bodyfat-calculation.html) - can you give me an idea of what my weight and my body fat percentage should be in order to reach my ideal goal?

Cheers
    Do the math from the article. Pick a "reasonable" goal you can possibly hit in 6months.

Since I read that article I swithed up my diet and it's working out a lot better than what I was doing. I'm putting on more muscle and I actually think I am losing BF.