Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Westside Releases Statement Regarding Hoff Incident

So it's easier to believe someone doctored the still shot of the video than to believe there was something in the guys singlet? Really? Can't we just agree that we don't know either way? Not knowing is an acceptable answer. But to allow the guys lift to stand and then accuse the OTHER guy of doctoring the photo seems ridiculous to me.
    Last edited by Barbaccio; 08-28-2009 at 01:29 PM.

sponsored by

Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    I have watched the video and I believe that picture is altered to make it look a LOT worse than it is.
    Chris, Im anything but an expert on this, but I do quite a bit of work with photographs of animals and survielence videos of wildlife. If you think a photo like this is altered, the simplest thing to do is to save the photo on your computer, open it up in Photoshop (or any picture viewer for that matter) and blow the picture up. In an unaltered photo, you will see relatively smooth pixilation. In an altered photo, there will be a distinct line or shadowing that distorts the image as the size is increased.

I've gone over and over this photo. There is a shadow of the bar that appears to give a degree of distortion and sharpens the angle of the front of the suspected foreign object. That creates a visual effect that you can't deny and that you would probably miss on the video. At the same time, I cannot see anything that I (in my uneducated opinion) would call distortion of the image consistant with the changes I wrote about above.

I also tried to screen capture this exact image from some of the u-tube videos. I wasn't able to do it. I got images that were close, but not this exact same one.

I simply don't know what to make of it. Maybe I'm not the big computer geek I thought i was.
    Finally ELITE @ SHW..

Single ply: 931 squat, 760 bench, 530 deadlift and 2180 total
    Multi ply: 960 squat, 770 bench, 550 deadlift and 2250 total.

The next stop: PRO total.

HOO's Gym: building the strongest gym in the South, one plate at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    So it's easier to believe someone doctored the still shot of the video than to believe there was something in the guys singlet? Really? Can't we just agree that we don't know either way? Not knowing is an acceptable answer. But to allow the guys lift to stand and then accuse the OTHER guy of doctoring the photo seems ridiculous to me.
    Thats the best thing to do in my opinion.... agree that we dont' know either way.
    Finally ELITE @ SHW..

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post

I think the video looks like something was there. I have seen stranger visual ilusions due to lighting etc. I also think the still shot looks a LOT worse than watching the video which leads me to believe it may have been ****ed with. That's all.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by JK1 View Post
    Chris, Im anything but an expert on this, but I do quite a bit of work with photographs of animals and survielence videos of wildlife. If you think a photo like this is altered, the simplest thing to do is to save the photo on your computer, open it up in Photoshop (or any picture viewer for that matter) and blow the picture up. In an unaltered photo, you will see relatively smooth pixilation. In an altered photo, there will be a distinct line or shadowing that distorts the image as the size is increased.

I've gone over and over this photo. There is a shadow of the bar that appears to give a degree of distortion and sharpens the angle of the front of the suspected foreign object. That creates a visual effect that you can't deny and that you would probably miss on the video. At the same time, I cannot see anything that I (in my uneducated opinion) would call distortion of the image consistant with the changes I wrote about above.

I also tried to screen capture this exact image from some of the u-tube videos. I wasn't able to do it. I got images that were close, but not this exact same one.

I simply don't know what to make of it. Maybe I'm not the big computer geek I thought i was.
    For me, end game I take the guy at his word. He was not caught doing anything at the meet, so that is all you can really do. I think it fair he is watched like a hawk moving forward.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I think this is as horrible as the next guy but if you can disq Hoff for this you should be able to turn down bad lifts, that got white lights, after the meet based on video evidence. That will never happen and it shouldn't so Hoffs lifts should stand too right or wrong.

Between keeping up on Hoffgate and Michael Jackson news, I barely have time to get to the gym anymore. Geeeeeez. The guy cheated and got away with it. It's a shame, but I know people who commited murder and got away with it too. Life goes on.
    Can't wait 'til tomorrow, 'cause I get stronger every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
    Between keeping up on Hoffgate and Michael Jackson news, I barely have time to get to the gym anymore. Geeeeeez. The guy cheated and got away with it. It's a shame, but I know people who commited murder and got away with it too. Life goes on.
    Speaking of Micheal Jackson and murder, did you catch this story? http://music.msn.com/music/article.a...8680&GT1=28102

You all do know that there have been warnings issued to veterinarians by law enforcement to monitor propofol as closely as ketamine because of the strange sexual hallucinations that can occur from that drug causing it to have a potential to be a drug of interest by thieves. The same holds true with Midazolam

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10769556

Now thats some seriously juicy ****.... think about it... Wacko Jacko... multiple sexual drugs....

Who'd a thunk it?
    Finally ELITE @ SHW..

I am just laughing at all the ignorant posts. I am going back into hybernation. I remember why I hate the internet again. My logs will continue to be posted on Super Training Gym site but that will be the extent of my internet posting

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luyando View Post
    I am just laughing at all the ignorant posts. I am going back into hybernation. I remember why I hate the internet again. My logs will continue to be posted on Super Training Gym site but that will be the extent of my internet posting
    Sad to see you go man. It's been very helpful having you post here, but I do understand. This stuff can be a real headache. I'll sure be following your log.

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

This is one sight I have really posted anything on involving this subject. Lets let what may or may not have happened go and get back in the gym and train. I know I have allot more crap to deal with then whether or not Dave Hoff Cheated. If he did then the person he let down the most is himself knowing the only reason he got the money he did was by cheating. In the end this really hasnt had any impact on me and I havent lost one bit of sleep over it, this thing is played out and needs to die.