Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uggh stupid bodybuiledera

Banned

Uggh stupid bodybuiledera

Begin rant:

I work with a guy who is a competitive bodybuilder, and while the guy is pretty big he honestly believes powerlingting is just an excuse to be fat and that Ronnie Coleman is stronger then every powerlifter and Olympic lifter ever. Stupid ass-shaving pretty boy.

End rant

tell him the circus freak was a powerlifter.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

ronnie coleman is pretty strong, but i highly doubt this guy is anywhere near ronnies strength level so i don't see how that is relivant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo View Post
    tell him the circus freak was a powerlifter.
    He knows but he wholeheartedly insists that ronnie can squat, bench, dead lift, snatch and clean and jerk more then the world records

I hate those kind of people!!! He has no idea what he is talking about.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

im no powerlifter but i have much respect for those guys cuz while pretty boys are looking in the mirror flexing their lifting weights, while pretty boy is shaving his chest their lifting weights , while pretty boy is getting a tan thier lifting weights

strength is their number one concern , marius pudzianowski is a new generation of powerlifter and well the man is a beast but they dont get judged on how good thier six pack looks

they dont care about toning,looks, or what people think all they care about is putting up numbers

women lie , men lie , number dont
    "Theres times when I feel like im carrying a heavy weight on my shoulders, but i dont let it put me down I lift it up high over my head and yell, IS THAT ALL YOU GOT? GIVE ME MORE WEIGHT I WANT MORE!!!" -JUAN(me)

Quote Originally Posted by juan23 View Post
    women lie , men lie , number dont
    sigged

great post

Quote Originally Posted by MarkM View Post
    He knows but he wholeheartedly insists that ronnie can squat, bench, dead lift, snatch and clean and jerk more then the world records
    hes also got the world record covered for highest steroid concentration in his blood. you do enough performance enhancing drugs you can be the best too.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    365 Front Squat

Quote Originally Posted by slashkills View Post
    sigged

great post
    i meant to put an S in the end of number

thanks
    "Theres times when I feel like im carrying a heavy weight on my shoulders, but i dont let it put me down I lift it up high over my head and yell, IS THAT ALL YOU GOT? GIVE ME MORE WEIGHT I WANT MORE!!!" -JUAN(me)

Banned
    hes also got the world record covered for highest steroid concentration in his blood. you do enough performance enhancing drugs you can be the best too.
    yes, but even with all those steriods, theres no way he can just walk into his gym, pick up 250 KG and decide to snatch it

People like that are impossible to argue with. They lack proper reasoning. They'll support their hero no matter what evidence is presented otherwise.

There is no way Ronnie could have pulled 900+lbs, benched 700+lbs and squatted 900+lbs (raw, in most of his videos, Ronnie is wearing gear)

Which I suppose you could ask him, if Ronnie was so strong, why did he wear a squat suit and DL suit in his videos?

I LOL'D at the clean and jerk thing. Aside from the chemical argument, I would be shocked to see Ronnie even be able to get into postion for proper execution of those lifts LOL.

It is frustrating to run into people like that though at the gym who seem to make small of your accomplishments as a lifter.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    People like that are impossible to argue with. They lack proper reasoning. They'll support their hero no matter what evidence is presented otherwise.

There is no way Ronnie could have pulled 900+lbs, benched 700+lbs and squatted 900+lbs (raw, in most of his videos, Ronnie is wearing gear)

Which I suppose you could ask him, if Ronnie was so strong, why did he wear a squat suit and DL suit in his videos?
    he thinks ronnies 805 squat and deadlift are worth more because he was 5 weeks out from the olympia

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post

I LOL'D at the clean and jerk thing. Aside from the chemical argument, I would be shocked to see Ronnie even be able to get into postion for proper execution of those lifts LOL.

It is frustrating to run into people like that though at the gym who seem to make small of your accomplishments as a lifter.
    i agree with you man , i never put down anyone even the weakest kid in the gym i always encourage him and tell him that i was weaker than him at his age (not true) but you get it , just trying to boost his motivation

never discourage anyone making progress , no matter how slow

Banned
    oh and also, according to said bodybuilder, powercleans are a wussy exercise

Wannabebig Member
    oh and also, according to said bodybuilder, powercleans are a wussy exercise
    ha powercleans are the only thing i could do, i can only clean 90lbs without falling over.
    details:
    17 yo
    ~175lbs
    PRs:
    benchpress 286lbs
    squat 316lbs
    deadlift 366lbs
    powerclean and jerk 209lbs

My Log

he thinks ronnies 805 squat and deadlift are worth more because he was 5 weeks out from the olympia
    hahaha

Wow. Your friend really is in deep with Ronnie

that said, those accomplishments are SUPER impressive. But to say they are more impressive than the WRs, not so much.

I guess what is impressive and what is not, is up to the eye of the beholder though

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

That is just an ignorant statement. Trust me when I tell you there are guys a lot smaller than Ronnie who use more drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    That is just an ignorant statement. Trust me when I tell you there are guys a lot smaller than Ronnie who use more drugs.
    well thats unfortunate
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    365 Front Squat

Your friend is the true definition of ignorant.

We should not hate bodybuilders as they are our brothers in iron. Bodybuilders should not hate powerlifters for the same reason.

There are some VERY strong bodybuilders, stronger than all but the very best powerlifters. So, to discount bodybuilding as a pumper sport is also ignorant. Each discipline can learn from the other.

Totally wrong. Give you the same drugs and see where you are. You won't even win a local show. Ronnie has awesome genetics. Drugs aren't always the answer. Everyone has the same access to drugs, why don't more bber's look like Ronnie?
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Your friend is the true definition of ignorant.

We should not hate bodybuilders as they are our brothers in iron. Bodybuilders should not hate powerlifters for the same reason.

There are some VERY strong bodybuilders, stronger than all but the very best powerlifters. So, to discount bodybuilding as a pumper sport is also ignorant. Each discipline can learn from the other.
    Very true. Look at a guy like Johnnie Jackson. He's a beast of a deadlifter. You don't get as big as those guys without lifting some heavy weights.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Totally wrong. Give you the same drugs and see where you are. You won't even win a local show. Ronnie has awesome genetics. Drugs aren't always the answer. Everyone has the same access to drugs, why don't more bber's look like Ronnie?
    well i would think that considering steroids are illegal that quality varies from supplier to supplier greatly, and on the mr olympia level i guess you could say they all have great genetics but regardless i would say the juice and his powerlifting background pretty much make him as big as he is. I mean you can look at cutler and feringo (current) and they're both huge too. I haven't done a side by side comparison but they're pretty big for their frames alot like ronnie.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    365 Front Squat

chill out guys we are all brothers of the iron as stated above

"it dont matter how you get to the pot of gold, as long as your beat the leprechaun to it" +++++dat doesnt make any sense "with this body it dont have to" -stewie griffin

WRONG, how many people use juice these days? LOTS!
    That was a dumb thing to say!

Interview on t-nation with a respected "drug coach" in the bodybuilding game:

"TM: So is too much focus being placed on gear?

C: Way too much. It's like hard work and hard dieting has flown out the window. Guys nowadays would rather have cheat meals and take high dose T3 than just follow their diet and do the necessary cardio. Let me be straight by saying that is NOT how I approach things.

TM: It's not like we don't know this, but can we assume most aspiring pros you see are taking too much?

C: Absolutely. You can see it plain as day in their physiques. Guys who look bloated and lack density, like an over-inflated balloon. That's a sure sign of excessive dosages.

TM: Would you say then that it's a misconception that the pros are using much more than the amateurs?

C: Totally. Look, the pros are genetic freaks. If steroids never existed, they would still be the pros. One of the reasons that they are where they are is that they respond so much better than average person. To training, to diet...

TM: To drugs?

C: Absolutely. I was coaching a top amateur who just recently got his pro card. I was shocked at how little gear we needed. For his pro debut, we ran 1200mg of Testosterone Cypionate a week, some Equipoise, and some Dianabol. We ran that for 6 weeks, and then switched the Cypionate to 900mg of Testosterone Propionate for 6 weeks. That was it. For a pro show! And that was the most gear he had ever taken in his life. I have guys walking in my door taking more stuff preparing for a novice show. "

I just read the article so I was dying to post it XD

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...the_drug_coach
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.