Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you grow the most in high school?

When did you grow the most in high school?

I turned 16 about 3 months ago.
    I am 5'9" 175 pounds.
    Barely any facial hair if that means anything.

I am just pissed of I want to grow for football.

My dad said he grew the most when he was about 18.
    He is 6'2.5" 245 pounds.
    I am bigger than he was at 16.

So when did you grow the most in HighSchool?
    Think there is a chance of me growing some more before my Senior season.(A year from now).

your only 16. you should be able to keep growing. Personally, i grew the most between sophomore and junior year. went from about 5'11 190 to 6'0 225
    stats:Bench: 285 goal: 305
    squat: 390 goal: 420
    dead: 405 goal: 445
    weight and height: 230, 6'2 age:18
    “No strength within, no respect without.”
    "Strength is not your physical capacity, its your indomitable will." http://freddy56.mybrute.com

I started Frosh football at 5'11" 130 lbs and went into Senior year at 6'2" 195 lbs. I averaged about 20 lbs per year from freshman to sophomore, 30 lbs from sophomore to junior, 15 lbs junior to senior year. Just eat, lift, eat, sleep repeat and you'll be fine

I grew UP the most in grade 10 (5'8, 150lbs), and grew OUT the most in my 5th year of highschool (5'10, 210lbs). Once you hit 18, you'll probably start to fill out and pack some muscle on.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

I was 5 feet tall starting high school and I ended being 6' 1'" with most of that coming at the end of my junior year...too bad I didn't know about this place then or I would have ate to support my height change and I would have been huge. I am 23 now and almost 50lbs heavier than when I finished high school with the same if not less body fat

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    It's different for everyone. I was almost fully grown and done with puberty with a thick beard by age 16. You're only 16 don't worry to much about it your growth will come.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Airsofter & Paintballer
    Quote Originally Posted by Detard View Post
    and grew OUT the most in my 5th year of highschool
    I wasn't aware there was 5 years of highschool. Then again your name might explain it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I've been bulking for about 10 years
    Quote Originally Posted by backseatwitme13 View Post
    so how long do you cut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    What's a cut?

I did my growing early...

I was about 5'7 when I was a freshmen and about 195 pounds... I went to about 220 for sophmore, 260 for junior and i tipped in at 305 during my senior year of football camp. Along the way I grew another 2 and a half inches taller. I piled the weight on during summer football training camps and team powerlifting. I would gain a good 20 pounds over the summer and on average another 20 more throughout the rest of the year.

I got fat but did pile on lots of clean muscle too... at 305 pounds I was damn near at a 5 second 40 yard dash and could bench 325, squat was close to 500 and deadlift was over 500.

The only area that I lacked in at first was my conditioning... but the amount of running they made us do had the big linemen into pretty good shape after all the summer workouts and football camp.

Now my brother and father on the other hand got shafted... they're only 5'5 ish and on a good day 160 pounds... little guys.

I SHOULD only be about 220 or so but even at that weight I'm huge next to them.

So in short my growing came mostly from the time I was 14-17 and I've been the same size for the last 7 years.

coaches worshiped the floor i walked on , i was a freshman 5'10 280lbs i didnt join freshmen football cuz i didnt wanna play with freshmen so the coaches asked to plz join in the offseason so i can get ready, i joined and i had offseason training with the varsity , they had a coach train me personally so i didnt have a regular weight lifting partner i had a coach lol, but he got me so much into lifting that i kinda lost interest in football, so i stayed till the summer ball, then the season started and i was a lean mean hitting machine and i just quit, yup thats right i quit, i didnt like the game anymore our team had so much favoritism that it grossed me out, i told my coach look ill play when everyone gets treated equal , when you guys can win a game with your coaching skills and not depending on you a one man team then ill play but not now. so i just joined a crappy weight lifting class (didnt learn anything) and everyday the weight training coach would try to convince me to come back.

by junior year i was 295lbs 6'0 and stronger than most of the football team and thats cuz i was just working out 45min a day

dont worry man you will get your size , just work hard, eat right and you will get there.

just remember to not do anything stupid for a coach , cuz even though they act like your friends , one injury or one screw up and they will turn their back on you. they did it to me when i quit
    Last edited by juan23; 08-30-2009 at 04:38 PM.
    "Theres times when I feel like im carrying a heavy weight on my shoulders, but i dont let it put me down I lift it up high over my head and yell, IS THAT ALL YOU GOT? GIVE ME MORE WEIGHT I WANT MORE!!!" -JUAN(me)

Quote Originally Posted by juan23 View Post

just remember to not do anything stupid for a coach , cuz even though they act like your friends , one injury or one screw up and they will turn their back on you. they did it to me when i quit

They turned THEIR back on YOU when YOU quit?
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

I'm still growing and I'm 36 yrs old. If you can't grow taller, grow bigger.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

went from 5'0 to 5'8 between 6th and 7th grades. hit 6'1 in 10th grade.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

9th grade- maybe 160 lbs
    10th grade- 180 lbs
    11th grade- 195 lbs
    12th grade- 230 lbs
    Freshman year of College- 235 lbs
    Sophmore year- 195 lbs
    Junior year- 215 lbs
    Senior year- 240 lbs

Went from about 5'8"-6'0" the summer between 8th and 9th grade. Topped out at 6'2" slowly through the remaining years. Added weight slow. I probably weighed 155-165 in 9th grade and topped out about 190 in High School. Tall and lean, a good baseball build.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

Sorry to hi-jack your thread football lifter.

One thing a coach loves are kids that quit.And then of course it always the coaches fault.

Ryan Hale

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    I never had a spurt I just kinda constantly grew at a steady rate

I walked into HS 5'9" 240, and left 6' 280, but i was 280 by my junior year so i guess you can say I grew the most my first two years, but I never remember hitting a growth spurt i just grew, ate and lifted weights
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

I grew until I was 20. My growth spurt was in grade 10-11. I was one of those late bloomers. I am now 5'11.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

I was done by sophmore year. The rest of the time I spending losing and gaining weight without much height improvement. My uncle on the other hand tells me he was about 5'5" all through high school and hit 6'1" once he turned 21 and I find that quite amusing considering he was essentially done college at that point.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

I graduated highschool at about 5'8" 170lbs

By my sophomore year in college I was same height, but 200lbs

Junior year, 235lbs

Senior year, 255lbs

I didn't really hit my stride until I was in college.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

im 23 and still cant grow facial hair man. i have been 6' tall since 7th grade but i gained probably 80lbs from the start of my junior year to the time i graduated. like has been said though, its different for everybody, and you are already a decent sized guy.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Im 19 and Im still growing. I grew quite a bit during high school also. I was taller than most of my friends. Keep your diet right and get your rest and you should be able to grow to your max potential.

height: 6'3

weight: 175

short term goal: 200

Long term goal: Lean 225

Banned
    I went into highschool 140lbs 5'3. Graduated 5'11 170 lbs.

I was 5'9 my freshman year, and am now 6'1 my senior year. Just starting to put some real muscle on my frame now at 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Altephor View Post
    They turned THEIR back on YOU when YOU quit?
    How dare they???
    stats:Bench: 285 goal: 305
    squat: 390 goal: 420
    dead: 405 goal: 445
    weight and height: 230, 6'2 age:18
    “No strength within, no respect without.”
    "Strength is not your physical capacity, its your indomitable will." http://freddy56.mybrute.com

I was always one of the smallest kids throughout school and didn't catch up to "average" until almost done with high school.

Freshman - 5'0" 100 lbs
    Soph - 5'3" 110lbs
    Junior - 5'6" 120lbs
    Senior - 5'7" 125lbs

Then after school I joined the Army and gained another 1.5" in height and 15-20lbs and that's where I stayed for about 9 years till I discovered this site.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle