Thread: I ask everyone for help on my health. please read

Wannabebig Member

I ask everyone for help on my health. please read

im 19 5'7''. my name is phill

I've been trainging for 2 years now. im stronger than ever. i weighed 150 pounds 2 years ago. i now weigh 134. for the past few months my weight has dropped drastically. but my strength remained the same. i have a scale at home that reads obviously my weight, but as well as my muscle, fat, water and bone percentages. my muscle is at 49.2% whereas my fat is at 4.2%.

i have been working at a pizzeria this summer. free food all day long. 12 hour days sunday through thursday.friday is 8 hours and saturday is about 4 hours. but i get free food. i eat all day. sometimes5 slices of pizza and 5 or 6 sodas water or juices. sometimes i eat pasta and garlic knots. i eat nonstop. i havent gone to the gym in a month because of work. i've slept in because of it. but this past saturday i went to the gym and found my strength was just about the same from the month before. i hadn't lost any strength. im going to the doctor for some bloodwork and staying out of the gym ( which i dont want to do) im 19 and a risk for a heart attack because my heart is working so hard. if i go to the gym, im in trouble. the doctor told me i may have an overactive thyroid or my stomach may be allergic to wheat. instead of breaking it down. it get thrown out of my body during my bowl movements( poop). im scared. and i need help from any sources i cant get my hands on. i trust you guys on this site more than anything on weight.

if its important ill jot down my gains along the 2 years i've been lifting
    Bench- 95-.-.-.-.-.-270
    Squat- 185-.-.-.-.- 335 (dont like squats)
    Deadlift- 135? 115?-.265 ( hate deadlifts, but enjoy other back and shoulder exercises)

that is in the course of 2 years
    im 19 5'7''

First of all, if there are health issues, listen to your doctor, not a bunch of yahoos on a web forum.

Second, five slices of pizza is NOT a lot for a day. I can eat more than that for a snack.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

If you're allergic to wheat, then don't eat wheat.

Definatley listen to your doctor and start eating better. There is loads of good advice on here but I would take a doctors opinion over anything else. Also, this is just my opinion but..........at a body wieght of 135-150lbs, benching 270 and squatting 335 I'd say is a little far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Kastro View Post
    If you're allergic to wheat, then don't eat wheat.
    this
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

If you're worried, then see your doctor and listen to him. At 19 years old, I doubt that your heart is working too hard. How do you know? Just eating junk all the time for a month doesn't mean that you're going to drop over, especially at 19 years old. I remember when I was 19, I ate crap all the time and it had almost no effect on me - pizza, hamburgers and 6-8 sodas 6 days a week. I think you might be over-reacting a bit (unless you didn't tell us everything), but see your doc and listen to him.
    Last edited by rbtrout; 08-18-2009 at 09:12 AM.
    Give chalk a chance.

49 years old

665 squat
    700 deadlift
    325 bench

I feel your pain. I was diagnosed with Crohns when I was 11 (which ended being misdiagnosed but that's besides the point) and I went on a low gluten/wheat diet. It's hard and annoying but it's something you have to do. Go get your blood work done and see what happens. Listen to the doctor and not some one off a random internet site. It's hard to help you when you don't even know what is wrong. Just see what happens.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by given'er View Post
    Definatley listen to your doctor and start eating better. There is loads of good advice on here but I would take a doctors opinion over anything else. Also, this is just my opinion but..........at a body wieght of 135-150lbs, benching 270 and squatting 335 I'd say is a little far fetched.
    it can sound far fetched. i would think so too if someone told me that their lifts were that much at that weight. but its true. i've trained hard and i was rewarded with what strength i have. sorry if it doesnt sound good. but my lifts are there. all the numbers are 100% correct. and my doctor said that the amound of calories im consuming is an "adequet" amount. i should be gaining weight. idk. its just a scary thing. im going to get blood work done this week i just dont know when. im terrified of needles beyond belief. and about my heart working too hard. my doctor told me that.

If it is a thyroid problem, like you mentioned, it could have an affect on your heart. They make medicine that can get it under control. Get the blood work done and listen to your doctor.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraya View Post
    im 19 5'7''. my name is phill

I've been trainging for 2 years now. im stronger than ever. i weighed 150 pounds 2 years ago. i now weigh 134. for the past few months my weight has dropped drastically. but my strength remained the same. i have a scale at home that reads obviously my weight, but as well as my muscle, fat, water and bone percentages. my muscle is at 49.2% whereas my fat is at 4.2%.

First off throw out that scale. It's obviously inaccurate. 4% bodyfat is IBBF pro contest level (or Ethiopian famine victim) and that's achieved through extremely hard dieting and illegal drugs. No way your BF is that low.

i have been working at a pizzeria this summer. free food all day long. 12 hour days sunday through thursday.friday is 8 hours and saturday is about 4 hours. but i get free food. i eat all day. sometimes5 slices of pizza and 5 or 6 sodas water or juices. sometimes i eat pasta and garlic knots. i eat nonstop. i havent gone to the gym in a month because of work. i've slept in because of it. but this past saturday i went to the gym and found my strength was just about the same from the month before. i hadn't lost any strength. im going to the doctor for some bloodwork and staying out of the gym ( which i dont want to do) im 19 and a risk for a heart attack because my heart is working so hard. if i go to the gym, im in trouble. the doctor told me i may have an overactive thyroid or my stomach may be allergic to wheat. instead of breaking it down. it get thrown out of my body during my bowl movements( poop). im scared. and i need help from any sources i cant get my hands on. i trust you guys on this site more than anything on weight.

if its important ill jot down my gains along the 2 years i've been lifting
    Bench- 95-.-.-.-.-.-270
    Squat- 185-.-.-.-.- 335 (dont like squats)
    Deadlift- 135? 115?-.265 ( hate deadlifts, but enjoy other back and shoulder exercises)

that is in the course of 2 years
    im 19 5'7''
    First off if you were 150 lbs and now are 134, you are obviously not eating enough to gain ( no matter what your doctor says). You say you've dropped weight drastically over the last few months...so how can you be eating an adequate amount? Get the blood work done and if everything checks out...you might want to start eating more and cleaner.

And as a side note..you eat a lot of junk food, have not gone to the gym in a month, have lost weight and are still benching twice BW? I wish I had your genetics.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 08-18-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Videos of these lifts would be awesome.
    ain't nuttin but a peanut.

You will have gotten stronger when the weight that feels heavy is actually heavier than the weight that feels heavy now. Then the weight that feels heavy now will be a warmup for the weight that feels heavy then. But the weight will always feel heavy or you're not lifting enough weight. Clear? -Rippetoe

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by platypus View Post
    Videos of these lifts would be awesome.
    you got it!. give me a few days. i want to get this bloodwork finished first.

Wannabebig Member
    thank you all for your input and words. i wouldnt lie about anything on here. whats the point you know? ill prove my lifts. i just want to get this bloodwork done first.

Still waiting