Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stan Efferding - Calling JOJ

Well where he's comming from is the competition held at the Olympia between Johnnie and Ben is to determine the worlds strongest pro bodybuilder.

Stan is a IFBB pro.

So even though you or me are stronger than Arnold or whomever, we aren't IFBB pros (me being much farther away from that than you are LOL)

I was told that the Ronnie clips were used because those were what Ronnie put out there as his strongest lifts on video and Ronnie always claimed to be the worlds strongest bodybuilder, so that's why the comparison.

Ben White and JOJ have a bit of a personal issue that's been going on for a few years now, that's why this is going on between the two of these guys

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Ben has always been a trash talker. He does have a great raw bench (I think 605 in a contest). He has not done well as a pro, at least relative to the way he talked in the magazines etc. I don't think he and Jackson really have a feud other than that created by those promoting this event. Jackson is billed by MuscleTech as the world's strongest bodybuilder and supposedly Jackson takes exception to that.

Stan strikes me as just trying to get into the mix. He won a pro card and is incredibly strong. I understand him wanting to be in the meet.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    I am stronger than Arnold, Franco, Zane, and other legendary bodybuilders
    Tom, you're a beast no doubt, but Franco was pretty damn strong. He benched 525 raw, squatted 665, and deadlifted 710 at 185lbs IIRC.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

Quote Originally Posted by Pete22 View Post
    Tom, you're a beast no doubt, but Franco was pretty damn strong. He benched 525 raw, squatted 665, and deadlifted 710 at 185lbs IIRC.
    But he did not do a 1000lbs tire flip. All relative, but Toms point still sticks.

Besides I'm still the only guy here to lift a cow. Beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    But he did not do a 1000lbs tire flip. All relative, but Toms point still sticks.
    How? JOJ is a powerlifter, and competes as one... as dose Stan. Therefore, he is calling him out in the sport he competes in. Franco, Arnold, etc. were never strongmen. It's not about relative comparisons, it's about two competitors competing head to head in the sports they train for.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

Quote Originally Posted by Pete22 View Post
    How? JOJ is a powerlifter, and competes as one... as dose Stan. Therefore, he is calling him out in the sport he competes in. Franco, Arnold, etc. were never strongmen. It's not about relative comparisons, it's about two competitors competing head to head in the sports they train for.
    I believe Franco and Arnold both competed in some strongman competitions. I believe Franco broke his leg while carrying a fridge. Or something like that lol. I read about it a while ago.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

STAN is the real deal bros. LOOK AT THOSE DEEP SQUATS, thats how it should be, deep enough where you dont have to wonder, clean solid lifts. All three lifts are just awesome. I give you much respect Stan. I hope you get your shot to prove it.

Semper Fi

Stan is a beast!!! Definitely hardcore.

He could really do some damage w/ the right gear & training if he choose to PL exclusively...

Quote Originally Posted by robchris View Post
    Stan is a beast!!! Definitely hardcore.

He could really do some damage w/ the right gear & training if he choose to PL exclusively...
    He is doing some real damage powerlifting as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sobrinoc View Post
    You know why this is great for the sport? Because it shows powerlifting for what it truly is: the greatest pissing contest in the history of mankind. Every die hard powerlifter from the greatest pro to the average chump lifts so he can beat someone else. You might squat, bench and pull like a mother****er in your garage, but you're not a powerlifter till you get on that platform and put it on the line to see if you can beat someone. It's a shame feuds and competition seems to be between feds and judges these days. They don't produce anything but bad blood and egos. Feuds and competition between lifters breed numbers that make our balls drop. Well at least those are my $0.02.

"Los numeros hablan por si solo!" = "Numbers speak for themselves."
    Gotta' agree here pretty much. It's at the most primal of the human core. What do we do by nature...show off! Our caveman ancesters probably showed off for the rights to the prettiest cavegirls by seeing who could lift the biggest rock! You can't deny it. It's what we are if you look back at our distant roots. I bet the cavemen even did a little smack talk during the challenge too!

I like this guy Stan! And the smack talk was done in a classy way. Like an old world challenge...throwing down the gaunlet! Let's see if either of them pick it up! I agree that when it's done right; this can be good for the sport!
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)

I am glad that Stan is creating some hype, and he does deserve it. When I posted up the video of his incline dumbell press about a month ago I had never heard of him - but to see what he has achieved in powerlifting / bodybuilding is impressive.

Looking forward to seeing the results of the contest at the Olympia, and then seeing how Stan responds.
    Last edited by Tom Mutaffis; 09-08-2009 at 09:43 AM.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 220 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com