Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns: Love em or Hate em

Guns: Love em or Hate em

I wanted to start this thread so the Palin thread wasn't hijacked any further.

My addition: Gun control = dumbass idea.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

my response to Dkalban's post:

may I need to remind you that the 2nd amendment was put in place to be an individual right? Do you know what a militia was back in the days when the constitution was framed? it was every able bodied male (you know like back then the same people who could vote). May I also remind you that strict gun laws do nothing to reduce crime. Chicago and DC have some of the strictest gun laws in the country, is there any reason why these cities have some of the highest crime rates?

Australia banned ownership of most guns but do you know what happened afterward?

# Countrywide, homicides are up 3.2 percent;
    # Assaults are up 8.6 percent;
    # Amazingly, armed robberies have climbed nearly 45 percent;
    # In the Australian state of Victoria, gun homicides have climbed 300 percent;
    # In the 25 years before the gun bans, crime in Australia had been dropping steadily;
    # There has been a reported "dramatic increase" in home burglaries and assaults on the elderly.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=15304

Did you know they pretty much banned all guns in England? Well I wonder how that worked out...

"Figures published this week by the Home Office are expected to show that offenses involving guns have soared by as much as 50 per cent in some parts of the country."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...nt-524068.html

how about stabbings in England since the ban? oh wait those have gone through the roof too.

good thing they banned guns to make things so much safer.

Did you know in Switzerland that every male is issued a fully automatic rifle as part of their militia duty? That means that there are fully automatic rifles in every house yet they have one of the lowest crime rates there is.

I love guns. Love them. If you are denied to bear arms then that is un-american. People who ban guns are commies
    Member of Society of Strength (Best Gym In Kansas City)
    We Cant Stop Here. This is Bat Country.
    Introduce a little Anarchy. Upset the established order. Then everything becomes Chaos.

Dk, you mentioned in the other thread that there are so many sources that you don't know who is right. Just stop and think about it for a minute. Do criminals follow the law? By the very definition, the answer is no. Gun laws aren't going to affect anyone other than the law abiding owners.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    Dk, you mentioned in the other thread that there are so many sources that you don't know who is right. Just stop and think about it for a minute. Do criminals follow the law? By the very definition, the answer is no. Gun laws aren't going to affect anyone other than the law abiding owners.

True, but at least get the armor piercing bullets off the streets. Have the guns, control the damn ammo!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkalban View Post
    True, but at least get the armor piercing bullets off the streets. Have the guns, control the damn ammo!
    You know, there are many bullets that will pierce armor. In the traditional sense, "armor piercing" meant teflon coated but the misunderstanding of what pierces armor has led to bills being introduced that would ban most if not all hunting ammo.

sorry but you are just speaking out of your ass here. do you know how many people are killed with armor piercing bullets?

Teflon coated bullets are already illegal, though you can find them if you look hard enough.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    sorry but you are just speaking out of your ass here. do you know how many people are killed with armor piercing bullets?
    I dont care (i actually do but it doesnt work with the pacing of the main part of my arguement) Guns dont do the damage, the bullets do. Get the high powered stuff away from the possibility of ripping through my torso or the torso of a cop.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by =Travis= View Post
    You know, there are many bullets that will pierce armor. In the traditional sense, "armor piercing" meant teflon coated but the misunderstanding of what pierces armor has led to bills being introduced that would ban most if not all hunting ammo.
    couldnt you just kill an animal with regular ammo (I must be the only democrat to codone hunting, if only for food)

Banned
    couldnt you just kill an animal with regular ammo (I must be the only democrat to codone hunting, if only for food)
    You can kill one with your bare hands if you so desired.

Banned
    I dont care (i actually do but it doesnt work with the pacing of the main part of my arguement) Guns dont do the damage, the bullets do. Get the high powered stuff away from the possibility of ripping through my torso or the torso of a cop.
    I own close to 20 guns, some are hunting, some are military antiques (yes I even shoot 100 year old guns), some are for play etc. All of them will rip through your body.

I've hunted elk, do you realize the power you need behind a bullet to humanely put one of those down? You can't base it on whether a bullet is high power or not.

Banned
    I own close to 20 guns, some are hunting, some are military antiques (yes I even shoot 100 year old guns), some are for play etc. All of them will rip through your body.

I've hunted elk, do you realize the power you need behind a bullet to humanely put one of those down? You can't base it on whether a bullet is high power or not.
    I stand corrected.

Be careful with that blunderbuss!

Sorry, that individual opens alot of wounds in my family tree (a whole branch wiped out)

But thats beside the point, what im trying to say i lean towards pro-control, but agree that guns are useful to society, we just need to initiate control in a way to lower crime and not offend the NRA, with or without Heston's cold hands.

That's just it, gun control doesn't lower crime.

Even if you were to take anything bigger than a .22 off the shelves, criminals are still going to get ahold of bigger and badder things.

Check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M249_Sq...tomatic_Weapon . In the US you have to have what's called Class 3 Firearms License to own that (there's a piece of gun control there). On another board I post on, a police officer came in and showed us some pictures from one of the crack houses they raided. The felons there had that stashed in their closet.

Banned
    That is "regular ammo."

Oh, and no one ever said I wasn't a dem, I've voted in 5 presidential elections and voted dem for all. That also doesn't lock me down to who I need to vote for this year.

Yes, people can be pro gun and still choose outside party lines.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    That's just it, gun control doesn't lower crime.

Even if you were to take anything bigger than a .22 off the shelves, criminals are still going to get ahold of bigger and badder things.

Check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M249_Sq...tomatic_Weapon . In the US you have to have what's called Class 3 Firearms License to own that (there's a piece of gun control there). On another board I post on, a police officer came in and showed us some pictures from one of the crack houses they raided. The felons there had that stashed in their closet.
    Your point is valid. I accept defeat for gun control. Unless something is done to stop the criminals to getting those kind of weapons, gun control wont work.

No. It must be killed with the Barret .50 BMG
    Last edited by Sean Hatley; 11-05-2008 at 11:44 AM.
    Introduce a little Anarchy. Upset the established order. Then everything becomes Chaos.

Banned
    I carry a concealed weapon (I have a permit), I will stop a criminal if he ****s with me, and the criminal knows many carry and is much more cautious because of such.

. Unless something is done to stop the criminals to getting those kind of weapons
    Trust me man, I'm all for taking guns out of the hands of criminals. The thing is, even if you were to remove firearms from existence, criminals are going to find something else to hurt people with. It's the very nature of being a criminal.

Banned
    Matches cause arson.

Your point is valid. I accept defeat for gun control. Unless something is done to stop the criminals to getting those kind of weapons, gun control wont work.
    You cnat get rid of those kinds of weapons. Its just like the war on drugs, it will never end.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Hatley View Post
    You cnat get rid of those kinds of weapons. Its just like the war on drugs, it will never end.
    Why do you think I accepted defeat :P

I carry a concealed weapon (I have a permit), I will stop a criminal if he ****s with me, and the criminal knows many carry and is much more cautious because of such.
    The violence in my town has risen drastically in the last couple of years. I've had more than one buddy on the PD tell me he wouldn't blame me or say anything if I carried concealed without a permit. Because I'm trying to get into law enforcement, I'm not going to chance the misdemeanor, but I do carry openly everywhere possible.

Matches cause arson.
    Bombs go BOOM!!!

I don't think Democrats are against guns. Just their leadership is, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Clinton, Biden.... (not trying to hijack)

You have to look to the judges on the Supreme Court. IMO the federal gov't should have absolutely no say in gun control, it should ultimately be the city, town or village you live in with states overseeing things. Granted it would be difficult for people to understand city and village gun rights, but put a big sign outside the town as you drive in, just like the wild west.
    Last edited by BilltheButcher; 09-15-2008 at 08:27 PM.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.