Thread: The Rich are Starting to Leave - Uh Oh.

The Rich are Starting to Leave - Uh Oh.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=ae3NU.gekp.0

It will be interesting if countries start losing their income stream and start having to compete with one another to attract these revenue generators.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Doesn't seem worthwhile for Americans. From what I understand, over $250k/yr gets a 2% increase, and a lesser deduction for philanthropic donations. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SDS View Post
    Doesn't seem worthwhile for Americans. From what I understand, over $250k/yr gets a 2% increase, and a lesser deduction for philanthropic donations. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
    Got to figure in state increases too, at least in NY. I know about 10 people in my industry that are moving to FL.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Gamer/Lifter
    I work for a German company, in the balkans and I now the IRS is interseted in taxing me.

I'm sorry but I work for a GERMANY company (not an American) and WORK OUTSIDE of America. What I make is my business and the respective laws of the country which I reside in. Not a country which I happen to have a passport with.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    This could be a good thing. It might force governments to lower taxes in order to keep their rich revenue. Ha ha ha ha allow them to compete for rich people, lets see how it goes. Lower taxes for them means lower taxes for all....hopefully
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75 View Post
    This could be a good thing. It might force governments to lower taxes in order to keep their rich revenue. Ha ha ha ha allow them to compete for rich people, lets see how it goes. Lower taxes for them means lower taxes for all....hopefully
    Not sure on the lower taxes for all. I would think it would mean cuts or raising taxes on those that pay no income tax etc. In order to entice they have to lower taxes, but they need to make that money up somewhere. Basically, the super rich can move the people Obama deems rich the sliding scale of $150k-400k who can't move will get pummelled even more.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    eh, well have to see, there has to be a breaking point.

Question, has any administration decreased the size of government??
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Clinton did by balancing the budget. he also reduced the size of the military with base closures.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Not sure on the lower taxes for all. I would think it would mean cuts or raising taxes on those that pay no income tax etc. In order to entice they have to lower taxes, but they need to make that money up somewhere. Basically, the super rich can move the people Obama deems rich the sliding scale of $150k-400k who can't move will get pummelled even more.
    I'm curious -- I wonder what the top .25% of earners pay in taxes? I would really like to see a tabular breakdown of taxable incomes from 500k all the way up to see what the real numbers are in the top 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by twm View Post
    I'm curious -- I wonder what the top .25% of earners pay in taxes? I would really like to see a tabular breakdown of taxable incomes from 500k all the way up to see what the real numbers are in the top 1%.
    http://www.ntu.org/main/page.php?PageID=6

not sure if this works.