The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar

The GF is getting implants

Anyone else's SO have this done?
    I'm curious to hear other people's experiences.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Mine did. Be ready, she's gonna be uncomfortable/in pain for a while. It also took a while for the swelling to go down and for them to drop and look natural. Other than that.... have fun!
    Sarvamangalam!

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey View Post
    Mine did. Be ready, she's gonna be uncomfortable/in pain for a while. It also took a while for the swelling to go down and for them to drop and look natural. Other than that.... have fun!
    Her friend got them, they kind of looked like a butt for a few months, now (a little over a year later) the swelling is gone and they've dropped down. They look totally natural, and are glorious.

If you don't mind mine asking, what was the size change for your GF?
    Mine is a B right now and she's looking at going big C - small end of D.

Starting Current

I prefer to date girls that have them pre-installed instead of buying aftermarket parts for an existing girlfriend. It does take quite a few months for them to soften up. Also, make sure she spends the money on a decent surgeon and doesn't get a Tijuana Hack-Job otherwise she will have lazy nipples!

My brothers wife did and they were divorced 6 months later. One guy buys them and the next guy has fun with them. She has self esteem issues and is a complete miserable biatch, so when she started getting tons of attention from other guys, she started really treating my brother like garbage and eventually he was kicked out of the house.

Make sure that she gets them done under the muscle. It will hurt a ton more, but will look a lot more natural and better.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Banned
    first time you see her after it's done you need to point and scream "THOSE AREN'T BREASTS, THEY'RE LIES!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    My brothers wife did and they were divorced 6 months later. One guy buys them and the next guy has fun with them. She has self esteem issues and is a complete miserable biatch, so when she started getting tons of attention from other guys, she started really treating my brother like garbage and eventually he was kicked out of the house.

Make sure that she gets them done under the muscle. It will hurt a ton more, but will look a lot more natural and better.
    She's paying for them all by herself, and it was 100% her idea. Basically she's built like Kim Kardashian, but her bewbs are not really proportional with the rest of her. She just wants to balance out her figure more. We are both attention whores and not the jealous type, so I don't anticipate her new boobies causing any problems.

Starting Current

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    She's paying for them all by herself, and it was 100% her idea. Basically she's built like Kim Kardashian,
    got apic of her phenomenal ass, then?????

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

If you don't mind mine asking, what was the size change for your GF?
    Mine is a B right now and she's looking at going big C - small end of D.
    Thats exactly what mine did. She has the Kim Kardashian shape as well and got them for the exact same reason. Take some time off your job, if you can, or get her a support crew. When my gf had hers done it took both her mother and I to take care of her and all the things she couldnt do. Even riding in the car was painful for her b/c of the ... jiggling the car does.
    Last edited by ZenMonkey; 09-01-2009 at 12:43 PM.
    Sarvamangalam!

Thats exactly what mine did. She has the Kim Kardashian shape as well and got them for the exact same reason. Take some time off your job, if you can, or get her a support crew. When my gf had hers done it took both her mother and I to take care of her and all the things she couldnt do. Even riding in the car was painful for her b/c of the ... jiggling the car does.
    Sounds like I'm going to be spending a lot of time on my computer typing one-handed...

Starting Current

Be very careful about getting her heart rate up or testing them out until she's fully healed. Otherwise you might find yourself on a late night run to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post

wow. totally agree about the self esteem thing.

I hate implants on chics. For some reason as soon as i see fake boobs, thoughts of insecurity and untrustworthiness run through my mind. My gf talks about getting em and im like, i'll leave yer a$$. I cant be with no chic with that is unhappy with herself, problems only arise from that. Dont know why, thats just me. And plus they look wack and are so obviously phony looking. Id rather small natural boobs than big fake ones.

Talk her out of it! lol
    Last edited by Abe Froman; 09-01-2009 at 02:40 PM.
    From sixty twos, gemstars my mom's dishes

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post

I hate implants on chics. For some reason as soon as i see fake boobs, thoughts of insecurity and untrustworthiness run through my mind. My gf talks about getting em and im like, i'll leave yer a$$. I cant be with no chic with that is unhappy with herself, problems only arise from that. Dont know why, thats just me. And plus they look wack and are so obviously phony looking. Id rather small natural boobs than big fake ones.

Talk her out of it! lol
    The only reason you think implants look fake, is that the only ones you know are implants are the ones that look fake -Kind of a self-reinforcing stereotype. You should see the work the doc she is considering, you'd have a really hard time being able to tell that these girls have fake breasts.
    That being said, there are implants that look absolutely terrible, and I don't find the massive fake ones to be attractive in the least.

As far as the being happy with herself. She is completely happy with herself, and she just thinks this is one more thing she can do to improve her body. Like how we down 200g day in protein powder and break blood vessels in our eyes while doing deadlifts... I know there are a lot of powerlifters on here, but let's be honest, image is definitely a part of the drive behind weightlifting for many of us.

Starting Current

oh man..i forgot i had an ex that got them right after we broke up. she got frickin' DD's. they were ginormous!

she was pretty miserable after the surgery. i may not have been able to "experience" them since we werent together anymore, but i did get to cop a feel a couple months later..very nice!

of course, then one of them was out of line and she had to have it fixed, and wanted to borrow $1,500 from me..and i realized why we weren't a couple anymore..LOL

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

The only reason you think implants look fake, is that the only ones you know are implants are the ones that look fake -Kind of a self-reinforcing stereotype. You should see the work the doc she is considering, you'd have a really hard time being able to tell that these girls have fake breasts.
    That being said, there are implants that look absolutely terrible, and I don't find the massive fake ones to be attractive in the least.

As far as the being happy with herself. She is completely happy with herself, and she just thinks this is one more thing she can do to improve her body. Like how we down 200g day in protein powder and break blood vessels in our eyes while doing deadlifts... I know there are a lot of powerlifters on here, but let's be honest, image is definitely a part of the drive behind weightlifting for many of us.
    yea true...i mean i was just relaying my opinion (albeit a little warped) about implants. i just would rather look at my lady as being all natural and confident in herself regardless ya know. yet i guess in a way it is like some of us who do (or take) all kinds of things to look better. i just for some reason have this mental stigma about implants.

as for implants, i mean i've seen a lot and the majority i can spot right away. and to me a lot of them look fake. but i have noticed some recently that look more natural...maybe boob enhancing technology has finally advanced to the next level!

But on another note, a lot of women have no idea all the kinds of complications that can come with implants. They can prove to be pretty dangerous...and most women don't even know they have to be replaced every ten years.

They can also:

Deflate/Rupture
    Cause lots of pain
    Get infected
    Prevent discovery of breast cancer until its too late
    Cause diseases, cause syndromes, cause atrophy
    Become warped and mess up the cosmetic appearance

I think i read something that said like 75% of women with implants need additional corrective surgeries. These things are no joke!!

yea true...i mean i was just relaying my opinion (albeit a little warped) about implants. i just would rather look at my lady as being all natural and confident in herself regardless ya know. yet i guess in a way it is like some of us who do (or take) all kinds of things to look better. i just for some reason have this mental stigma about implants.

as for implants, i mean i've seen a lot and the majority i can spot right away. and to me a lot of them look fake. but i have noticed some recently that look more natural...maybe boob enhancing technology has finally advanced to the next level!
    Completely agree, there is nothing attractive about a plastic, insecure lady.
    The friend of hers I mentioned earlier, if someone hadn't told you she had implants, you would haves seriously no idea. She didn't go very big, just enhanced her current size.
    You are definitely not the only one who has stigmatized views on implants, I think when we hear the word, we automatically think "stripper with a baskbetall cut in halves and glued to the chest."

Starting Current

But on another note, a lot of women have no idea all the kinds of complications that can come with implants. They can prove to be pretty dangerous...and most women don't even know they have to be replaced every ten years.

They can also:

Deflate/Rupture
    Cause lots of pain
    Get infected
    Prevent discovery of breast cancer until its too late
    Cause diseases, cause syndromes, cause atrophy
    Become warped and mess up the cosmetic appearance

I think i read something that said like 75% of women with implants need additional corrective surgeries. These things are no joke!!
    Of course not, I appreciate your concern, but we've looked into a lot of those things. I'm a full time medical researcher, so believe me, I've been scouring articles about implants!
    Mammograms apparently take a bit longer with implants but they are still as effective in women with or without.
    Like any kind of surgery there is always a risk of adverse events, but it is incredibly small, and this doctor has only had 1 thing go wrong during surgery in his 20 years of experience, and it was likely an adverse reaction to the anesthesia (a patient went into tachycardia while being operated on, but recovered)

Starting Current

I imagine there is a strong correlation between that number and the number of surgeries crappy doctors have performed.

Mercurybade: Something I forgot that my gf absolutely loved was that after the surgery they took her to a 1-2day out patient care facility. It was like a nice small hotel run by nurses. One nurse is assigned round clock, full time to about 3 patients. She said that was a major plus after the surgery and recommends it highly if it is offered.
    Last edited by ZenMonkey; 09-01-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    Sarvamangalam!

Gotcha. Hope everything works out for her and they come out looking stunning. Youve done her justice in your assistance too.

I cant say i feel bad for you that your girlfriend is about to have some bigger boobs lol.

Mercurybade: Something I forgot that my gf absolutely loved was that after the surgery they took her to a 1-2day out patient care facility. It was like a nice small hotel run by nurses. One nurse is assigned round clock, full time to about 3 patients. She said that was a major plus after the surgery and recommends it highly if it is offered.
    She wants to get them on a Friday so she can stay at home over the weekend, but being able to play more video games and spending less time changing ice packs is appealing. Was this service offered in conjunction with the surgery or did you have to pay extra?

Starting Current

She wants to get them on a Friday so she can stay at home over the weekend, but being able to play more video games and spending less time changing ice packs is appealing. Was this service offered in conjunction with the surgery or did you have to pay extra?
    It was part of the package I think. Ill ask her and get back to you.
    Sarvamangalam!

congratulations. i hope all goes well

Talk her out of it! lol
    Agreed 1000%. From what I have felt on fake stripper titties, it either feels hard (which is gross) or it feels like a squishy bag that you can obviously tell from the normal boob fat. Either way, it completely kills the vibe.

225lb @ 17% bodyfat, currently cutting
    Current lifts while cutting (all raw): bench 275x4, squat 365x8
    Estimated current maxes: 300 bench / 450 dead / 450 squat
    Competition / Gym PRs (from March 08)
    Bench: 325 raw / 385 loose shirt
    Deadlift: 450 raw ADFPF 04/26/08
    Squat: 405 raw

Guys the op came here for advice. Stop the childish posts of "pics or it didn't happen", etc.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase