Thread: cardio 5-6 times a week while cutting? good? bad?

The Chicken Mr'ga

cardio 5-6 times a week while cutting? good? bad?

im currently doin the WBB routine #1 and was wondering what the down side's are of doin cardio so often.. is 5-6 20min sessions of cardio bad? it would consist of (a differenthting each day) skipping, runing and baskball..
    i know i may loose a lil muscle mass, but i really wana get rid of this body fat, and i can gain the mass that ive lost later on..
    if this is ok to do, how long should i do cardio 5-6 times a week for? is 1 month a good period?

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    running and basketball are not good forms of cardio for cutting your heart rate is likely way too high,

but don't trust me on that one take your pulse and find out for sure...

5-6 a week is do-able if your volume is low with the weights...
    Last edited by Holto; 04-23-2002 at 05:50 PM.

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

dude i go cardio 6 times a week now and its all good. i havent lost any muscle mass and am cutting fat. the trick is to manipulate ur diet and sleep for optimal recovery.

try 10 minutes of stair climber before lifting and 10 minutes of stairs after.

The Chicken Mr'ga
    but dont u need a med-high steady heart rate to loose the bodyfat?
    i wana shred some bodyfat off me as fast as i can so i can see my abs.. is a month to soon to notice results if u do cardio 5 days a week for 20 min?
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

The Chicken Mr'ga
    tony touch: sweet.. im thinkin of doin cardio as soon as i get up though, read its better for loosing bodyfat coz its burnin off the fat already stored.. if u do cardio in the morning would that harm ya muscle growth though?
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

dude unless u really feel fat, then i wouldnt do the morning cardio.

try eating your last meal before cardio about 4 hrs before hand. that way its similar to morning cardio but the fast is not quite as long. your muscle mass will thank you.

cardio 5-6 times per week doesnt work unless you are careful with diet and sleep

Be careful. I ran track last spring and did cardio 6-7 days a week. I saw the numbers on the scale go down and got all happy, but I lost a ton of muscle. I don't think it's worth it to sacrifice large amounts of muscle and then "build it back up." You'll wind up going in circles.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

The Chicken Mr'ga
    kool.. i might mix it up a lil to see which one suits me better.. every 2nd day ill do cardio after mah last meal (6pm) at ay 9pm.. and every other day do it in the morning..
    i got my diet in tact, its 45% protein, 20% fat and 35% carbs and lift weights 4 times over an 8 day week

<spam> Journal </spam>

The Chicken Mr'ga
    Jane: ill still be lifting weights 4 times in an 8 day week.. so im not going to lose that much mass.. *fingers crossed*
    my bf is like anywhere from 18-22% n i wana get it down so i can see a 6 pac hehe.. ive been working out properly for a month, and saw good gains.. ive kinda got a settled diet, i cut out all the junk food i eat and startin to eat healthy.. just cant seem to loose this gut, so im gona give jakin up the cardio a go

<spam> Journal </spam>

dude do it. running track is a whole lot different than 20 min. of cardio a day.