The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: How to lose...

Wannabebig Member

How to lose...

How do I lose the fat around my core easier then running :S like can anyone tell me any exercises to get rid of Love handles and to get some fat off my Stoamch area :O
    My Max's:

Squat:225Lbs.
    Bench:225Lbs.
    Deadlift:275Lbs.
    Shoulder Press:75LBS Dumbells each hand.
    T Bar:180 Lbs
    Starting weight: (From the starting of when i came to the site):165 Lbs
    Current Weight:166 Lbs

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy123 View Post
    How do I lose the fat around my core easier then running :S like can anyone tell me any exercises to get rid of Love handles and to get some fat off my Stoamch area :O
    You cant spot reduce or spot increase. All you can do is loose fat and pray to the fitness gods the fat that is lost is from your stomach area.

^--Yep. No exercise(s) will do it.

Need help with belly...

So i got this little belly that is getting bigger on me. I've been trying to lift weights regularly but don't because I feel like nothing works.

Can someone stear me in the right direction. Should I get rid of the belly before I try to start lifting hard? Can anyone speak from experience and help me out. I think I'm a 36" and should be a 32".

I just need something that works. A program thats simple and will show improvements.

I checked out your journal. I see you are doing a lot of isolation movements. I also noticed that you are doing all upper body movements. In my opinion, this is not the best way to start. To make the best/fastest progress (especially as a beginner) you need to focus on the big muscles groups; legs, hips, back, chest, and shoulders. So, you need to use the big compound movements that hit these muscles; squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, rows, and chinups.

As a beginner, you need to focus on building strength in order to build muscle. Pick one (yes ONE) exercise for each of the major muscle goups and put all your energy into getting as strong as you can on those handfull of exercises. As a beginner, too many exercises will make you fall short, you just aren't trained enough to recover from it. As you progress, you can add exercises slowly. A general rule is; beginners use one exercise per muscle group, intermediates use two exercises, upper intermediates use three, and so on.

Starting strength is a popular routine to start with and you'll see that it fits all of the perameters I set earlier. You can find it HERE. Remember, the most important thing is to work hard, get enough rest to recover, and then work even harder. This isn't easy!

As far as the belly goes, get your eating in order. Read some information in the Diet and Nutrition section. Between a good lifting routine, and a good diet, you can gain muscle and loose the fat. In fact, just gaining some muscle will have the added benefit of making the body look less fat in compaeison to an untrained person..
    Last edited by Off Road; 09-03-2009 at 06:42 AM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Diet.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Weight loss is primarily done with diet...

I concur...

Increase calories burned, or

Decrease calories consumed, or

A combination of both.

Off Road said it all and said it well

Quote Originally Posted by DMedley View Post
    Off Road said it all and said it well
    I had my coffee this morning...so I'm at full capacity
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Like everyone is saying, it's mostly diet. If you try to push cardio too hard you could sacrifice some muscle in the process.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I checked out your journal. I see you are doing a lot of isolation movements. I also noticed that you are doing all upper body movements. In my opinion, this is not the best way to start. To make the best/fastest progress (especially as a beginner) you need to focus on the big muscles groups; legs, hips, back, chest, and shoulders. So, you need to use the big compound movements that hit these muscles; squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, rows, and chinups.

As a beginner, you need to focus on building strength in order to build muscle. Pick one (yes ONE) exercise for each of the major muscle goups and put all your energy into getting as strong as you can on those handfull of exercises. As a beginner, too many exercises will make you fall short, you just aren't trained enough to recover from it. As you progress, you can add exercises slowly. A general rule is; beginners use one exercise per muscle group, intermediates use two exercises, upper intermediates use three, and so on.

Starting strength is a popular routine to start with and you'll see that it fits all of the perameters I set earlier. You can find it HERE. Remember, the most important thing is to work hard, get enough rest to recover, and then work even harder. This isn't easy!

As far as the belly goes, get your eating in order. Read some information in the Diet and Nutrition section. Between a good lifting routine, and a good diet, you can gain muscle and loose the fat. In fact, just gaining some muscle will have the added benefit of making the body look less fat in compaeison to an untrained person..
    Alright... Ill do this starting strength thing then. I got classes till 5PM. Ill do some research when I get home tonight on that link.

This helps, Ive been so down about not getting anywhere for awhile now, even before my journal I was trying too!

Thanks guys!

Wannabebig New Member
    Hi,

Spinning around helps to burn off belly fat because spinning stimulates Endocrine System to bring balance to hormonal output. Since the Endocrine System controls hormones and one needs balance in his/her hormones to lose fat fast, spinning is a good way to get around doing typical cardio exercises.

Huh???
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Matharry View Post
    Hi,

Spinning around helps to burn off belly fat because spinning stimulates Endocrine System to bring balance to hormonal output. Since the Endocrine System controls hormones and one needs balance in his/her hormones to lose fat fast, spinning is a good way to get around doing typical cardio exercises.
    Post of the year.....WTF
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by VESPER View Post
    So i got this little belly that is getting bigger on me. I've been trying to lift weights regularly but don't because I feel like nothing works.

Can someone stear me in the right direction. Should I get rid of the belly before I try to start lifting hard? Can anyone speak from experience and help me out. I think I'm a 36" and should be a 32".

I just need something that works. A program thats simple and will show improvements.
    Simple Program for Fat Loss

1. Eat Less Food
    2. Lift Weights Consistently for muscle mass
    3. Do cardio ( ride a bike, swim, play volley ball etc. ) for the heart and calorie burning.