Thread: Question on Biceps

Wannabebig Member

Question on Biceps

Overall I have rather large arms because of how thick they are. What can I do to make the biceps larger? My triceps are huge compared to my biceps and I just cannot seem to make the biceps grow. Is it good to do high reps with lower weight or do low reps with heavy to really make the bicep grow?
    thanks in advance

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ghard78 View Post
    What can I do to make the biceps larger?
    Deadlift heavy, eat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTallOx View Post
    Deadlift heavy, eat.
    if you focus on curls, and aren't growing...stop curling.

deadlifts...pullups...heavy barbells rowing. focus on compounds, HEAVY compounds, and a diet designed for growth.

Wannabebig Member
    How do deadlifts help biceps? Not a lot of stimulation of the bicep on a deadlift.

How do deadlifts help biceps? Not a lot of stimulation of the bicep on a deadlift.
    Hold onto 405 lbs for a half dozen reps and then tell me there isn't a lot of bicep stimulation.

Banned
    LOL, let me guess, you don't deadlift.

Seems kind of funny that you say your biceps aren't growing and then you question that deadlifts can make your biceps grow. Go to youtube and view some good deadlifters doing deadlifts. All of them will have well developed biceps, and I'd be willing to bet they didn't get them by doing curls.
    Last edited by BigTallOx; 09-09-2009 at 11:01 AM.

My biceps definitely get some work on deadlift day. I don't curl but I still get dead-arm, lol.

Go heavy (be safe) and don't use straps.

My biggest issue right now is my grip/arms giving out before the rest of me does, but I still feel like I get the good work in.
    Last edited by Wayward; 09-09-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    I do deadlift....I don't know how anyone could lift weights and not do deadlifts I am just saying that my biceps never seem to feel like I am working them while I do deadlifts. I am only up to about 315 on deads though.
    I had clavicle reduction due to breaking my collar bone and separating my shoulder in hockey. It has been a long road back to weight lifting. My bench and shoulder press still suffer greatly. Thanks for all the input.

I don't get a curl burn or anything similar to that when doing deadlifts, but I can feel it on the days after sometimes (especially since I'm still way out of shape). It's tough to gauge it sometimes just by feel during the exercise - but next time you do deads, look down at your biceps.

I do deadlift....I don't know how anyone could lift weights and not do deadlifts I am just saying that my biceps never seem to feel like I am working them while I do deadlifts. I am only up to about 315 on deads though.
    I had clavicle reduction due to breaking my collar bone and separating my shoulder in hockey. It has been a long road back to weight lifting. My bench and shoulder press still suffer greatly. Thanks for all the input.
    Pullups and rows work the bicep as well. If you can't go heavy on deads again yet, these will stimulate the bicep as well.

Modding My Bod
    Deadlifts destroy about every fiber in my body. It is a wonder workout! If only it made my penis bigger then we'd be in buisness!

My left collar bone is shorter than my right due to a motorcycle injury. I hardly ever think about it, but it does do some weird things on movements like overhead presses. As you continue to get stronger and handle heavier weights, your biceps will grow.

Quote Originally Posted by cold_steel View Post
    Deadlifts destroy about every fiber in my body. It is a wonder workout! If only it made my penis bigger then we'd be in buisness!
    Squats and DLs increase test and hgh production.
    Sarvamangalam!

Lets see a pic.

A deadlift, row, chin, and curl is about all you'll need for a long, long time. There are many varieties of each to keep you from getting bored.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    Try switching to under grip for either rows and/or pull-ups. FWIW, tris are a relatively larger muscle compared to bis.

I agree that deadlifts put tension on the biceps, Ive seen my own tense a little but I cant say Ive ever had them sore from it or anything near that,
    Bodyweight : 195 - Height: 5' 9

Current lifts:
    DL - 490 x 1 - 462 x 4 ... Nearly 500 so close
    BS - 374 x 1 - 330 x 5
    BP - 302 x 1 - 258 x 5, 225 x 10
    BR - 231 x 1 - 209 x 5
    PP - 220 x 1 - 198 x 4

My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=108252&page=3

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kornmong View Post
    I agree that deadlifts put tension on the biceps, Ive seen my own tense a little but I cant say Ive ever had them sore from it or anything near that,
    That's because deadlifts don't directly hit the bis like rows, pull-ups and curls. A well rounded routine has at least one if not all of those, not just deadlifts.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Chinups. Also try 5 seconds eccentrics on chinups and curls.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB