The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Very tired during workout

Hi guys, it has been more than a year since I weight lifted. In that time, I have got a job that requires many hours so I did not have the time or energy to work out.

In the last few months however, I have seemed to manage the workouts in. I now workout after work.

At first, I lifted every other day and did things like deadlifts, squats etc. The problem was that I becaome very tired and did not have the stamina to continue.

After a few more weeks of doing that routine since coming back, I decided to do Starting Strength, once again like I used to more than a year ago. Back then, I had more energy and did not get tired as easily.

Anyway, after starting the new routine, I become very tired and often times, somewhat dizzy after doing squats. The weights are not what I used to lift but seem heavier. My weight is also lower than it was more than a year ago.

I'm wondering if working 12 or more hours and then working out is the main reason behind my fatigue. Or might it be me not eating correctly and/or enough. I just eat something about 3 or 4 hours prior to working out. I also lack sleep.

What do you guys feel about this.

Thanks.
    Last edited by espn2829; 10-03-2009 at 06:36 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Until you can eat n sleep properly you will never be able to get in any meaningful workouts. You'd be better off working out hard once or twice a week (like on Sunday and Wednesday) rather than half assing it several times a week. If you can commit to eating and sleeping properly during the week by re-evaluating your life, then go for it. If that proves impossible, give it your all on the weekends. Quality matters much more than quantity.

Working can be a big stess on the body. You may have to start small with your exercise routine and build up as you become more conditioned. Maybe two days a week to start with and limited exercises. Then, as your conditioning increases, you can add exercises and days. Make sure to focus on the compound lifts to get the most out of an abreviated routine. You could start with a two day Starting Strength routine...or something like:

Day 1
    Squats 2x10
    Bench Press 2x6
    Chin Ups 2x6

Day 2
    Deadlift 1x6
    Shoulder Press 2x6
    Barbell Curls 2x6
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I agree with the others. First you need to condition your body before hitting the big time.

1. do not worry about the weight you use, it should seem light to begin.

2. for the first three months I would recommend something like ...

45-degree back extension 3x10 Do not increase!!!!

Squat 3x5
    Bench press 3x5
    Dead-lift 3x5

Add 1 set each month till you reach 5 x 5

Just do this twice per week for the first month and then try increasing to 3 days and see how you do. If you can handle it then, good. If you can not handle it, return to twice a week.
    Last edited by DMedley; 10-03-2009 at 07:44 PM.

How old are you? Perhaps you should get a checkup.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    I actually started off fairly low with the weights. Maybe I needed to go a bit lower.

I am 24 years old and have not gotten a checkup in a while. I will have to do that, thank you.