Page 12 of 111 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Hell...

Congrats on the weight loss being ahead of schedule and enjoy the vacation Mark. You've definitely earned it.

Thai Boxing Bodybuilder The Gasman UK's Avatar
    3.3lbs a week! Nice going mate!

Whats a ghetto t bar row?
    The Gasmans' journey to the single digits - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131623

Quote Originally Posted by The Gasman UK View Post
    Whats a ghetto t bar row?
    ghetto rows = Take a barbell and cram it into a corner. Grab a V handle and wrap it around the bar. Add weight at the other end (not in corner) and grab handle to row.

Have a great vacation Mark.

Thanks a lot guys! Really appreciate you all taking your time to stop by and say hello. Means a whole lot.

-TONIGHT AT METROFLEX-
    WARM UP=STRETCHING AND 5 MINS ON BIKE

-SQUATS-
    135X6
    225X3
    300X5X2 -Form was good on first 3 reps of 1st set, and first 2 reps of 2nd set, then got worse each rep. Have to work on this.
    265x3x2 -Pause at the bottom. Really worked on putting my head in to the bar, keeping my head level, and keeping elbows under me to help push the weight up. Most reps looked good, a few got away from me.

-DEADLIFT-
    225x1
    395x2 Easy and smooth
    275x3x5 -Quick 3 reps, then rest for 70 seconds, then rep again.

-ATLAS STONES-
    After careful consideration, we skipped the 170lb stone and went right for the 250lb stone that had been screwing me over. I had the good tacky this time, it sucks putting it on, pulls the mess out of your hairs so I'll be shaving my forearms for sure. I read somewhere on here from Tom Mutaffis about attacking the stone, and not sitting under it tiring yourself out. So...I was a few feet back, psyching myself up, jumped to it, BAM!! The rest is history baby.
    250x1 -FINALLY. That bastard went up pretty dang easy on the lower platform, guess 4ft platform?
    250x1 -AGAIN! A bit of trouble lapping it, but got it done, then lifting it to the 5ft (guestimate) platform, easy as pie!
    350x0 -I got a shot at it. Lifted it about to my shins twice, but that was a high as it was going today, sucker.
    Stone Medley, 4 stones starting with 250lb stone going to smaller stone, don't know weight.
    250lb stone, lap, press, platform no problem. 2nd stone, one motion from the floor to the platform, no problem. 3 and 4th stone same story, floor to platform, no lapping, no problems. 4 stones done in 19 seconds, was shooting for 20 seconds. I know the weight of the stones is light, but I'm making some good progress I think on these stones.

-GLUTE HAM RAISES-
    (Done on the immaculately painful GHR, we shall call Sally)
    7x3

-DONE-
    I got my workout for Thursday, looking forward to doing that. I'll probably end up doing a lot of than what's written down, but non the less, it'll be a balls to the wall experience. Should be a lot of fun. Heh.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

TJW
    Awesome work Mark! That is some strong work and the stone lifting is very impressive!

Banned
    nice workout with the stones, deads and squats. lots of heavy lifting for 1 workout. GHRs are no joke either

That stone work is awesome man! Hittin it hard!
    "The deadlift is more functional in that itís very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy *h*t up off the ground" Rip

Max 3x5 Goal 3x5 by 12/31/11 *1X5
    Bench (245) (275) 285x1x1 335
    Dead (385)* (445) 435x1x1 505
    Squat (320) (355) 355X1X1 405
    Squat (195) (275) 20 Reppers!
    (950) (1075) 1075 1245 Goals (Not including 20 reps)
    5'10" 288Lbs 02/01/2011 Goal Weight 230 On my way back from a Break!

Thai Boxing Bodybuilder The Gasman UK's Avatar
    Heavy workout!

Cocao - Oh yeah thats how i do them anyway lol !!
    The Gasmans' journey to the single digits - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131623

Lucky guy to be training at the world famous Metroflex facility, the atmosphere must be off the chain!!

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Dude congrats on those bitchy stones haha. Can't wait to see what's in store for Thursday.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Here's a question I've always wondered about Stones... How do you get them OFF the platforms? I'd imagine they'd be awkward as hell to roll off... And letting them hit the ground would break them, wouldn't it?
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

There are several ways depending on what you're doing. If I'm doing for reps, like 6x6, the stone starts from the ground, then to my lap, then to platform, back to lap, back to platform, so on. They put pretty thick mats down on the floor so you actually just roll the stones off the platform and let them drop there. If you're using a bar instead of a platform, we just really get the stone over the bar, and let it drop on the ground. You just have to make sure you've got some good mats down before doing stones. I've never seen on bust but I'm sure it's completely possible without adequate support for them on the ground.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Garage Lifter
    Congrats on the Stone PR!
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

impeccable progress in here man!! keep up the good work.

Man, these last few workouts are really bada**!!! I really like the way you train man...you do some squats, some deads, some strongman stuff, some conditioning....you do it all!!!

Awesome job brotha, keep up the good work!!
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Quick update, we're back in the U.S. Cruise was absolutely amazing. I don't even want to weigh anytime soon, haha. Progresso was very nice with the mayan ruins, but a very poor town. Had a lot of fun though. Cozumel was a blast. If you're ever there and want a good thigh/forearm workout, take the damn banana boat ride, holy crap. The beach and water there is absolutely amazing compared to what we have around here in our side of the gulf. The ship and the people on it were fabulous. They're helpful, and room service and the pizzaria are open 24 hrs. We saw some interesting stuff, got some good rest, and learned a lot about Mayan culture. It was a really great trip and I suggest it to anyone. We'll definitely be going back. I did get a hold of something in Cozumel that tore my stomach up all night. I think it was snowcones that didn't taste right...but I had 2.

Diet and workouts start up again tomorrow. One more day of rest and relaxation around the house before hitting it again, and I need to let my sunburn get a little better before hitting the gym.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Sounds like a great cruise. I would probably double my weight with a 24 hour pizzaria though.

Banned
    glad the vacation was great. TIME TO GET IN THE ZONE

Todays diet was crap. I didn't watch carbs or anything. My great niece had her first birthday today, was a waste diet wise. Tonight I'm not going to eat anything at all while at work. I figured 12 hours of fasting, wake up tomorrow and start over again with counting carbs. This next week is going to be horrible too diet wise. I'm going to eat zero carbs sunday through wednesday, thursday morning and afternoon I'm thinking about fasting, and having a cheat meal Thursday evening. It'll be our first year wedding anniversary. Weight today was really not too shabby. My goal was 330 for the cruise, I did well enough to get to 319, then Wednesday thru today I haven't been conscious of what to eat, and I'm at 333. So, that puts me 3 lbs heavier than my actual goal for May 1st, and I mentally prepared to be 340 after the cruise.

I have to get focused again. I'm lacking enthusiasm to bust my ass and get moving again. I'm hoping once I get in there Sunday it all just comes back to me. I have to get going again. Just 30 minutes of basketball today, that is all.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    you should take some ephedrine and caffeine, that'll get you moving

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    you should take some ephedrine and caffeine, that'll get you moving
    Yes Sir! I did just that before heading to the gym, felt great.

I'M BACKKKKK!!!!
    First day back in the grind as far as the gym goes and it really felt pretty damn good to be honest. I wanted a long, smooth workout, nothing too taxing to start out with, just a workout to coach me back in to the madness within, and I don't think I could have done it any better. This workout left me winded, rubbery, sweating, excited and encouraged to be back in the stink. I missed you guys, and I missed my iron lover.

-BENCH-
    Barx6
    135x6
    160x6x4 W/ Pause at the bottom. My form during the first set sucked. I was hitting in different places on my chest, no consistency at all. I racked it after the 6th rep, sat up, focused, went back to work. The next 3 sets felt great, hit breastplate each rep, straight line right back up.
    140x6x2 Wide Grip I think I went wider than I usually do. ROM felt pretty small but got a good stretch out of it.
    140x6x2 Close Grip Easy cheezy.

-HAMMER CURLS-
    45x8x3 + 30x4 After the bench, these smoked my arms. After 3 sets of 8 with 45's, I dropped them back on the rack and immediately picked up the 30's and hit 4 taxing reps. Good stuff.

-ZOTTMAN CURLS-
    30x8x3 + 20x4 My form was pathetic on the last set, but pushed through. After 3rd set I dropped to 20's, hit 4 quick reps.

-SKULL CRUSHERS-
    65x6x3 For some reason, I'm in love with these.

-GOOD MORNINGS-
    205x6x2 On my first set, I got under the bar, and walked forward out of the rack and my Lord 205 has NEVER felt so dang heavy. I hit my 6 reps, re-racked it and stood in awe trying to figure out what the heck happened. The next set, I got under the bar, and stepped back like I usually do for squats. It made all the difference. These are the heaviest GM's I've ever done, felt good.

-DEAD LIFT-
    135x6
    225x6
    315x4 Felt heavy but went smoothly
    365x3
    395x2
    405x2 Loving goodness. Things felt good both reps, slow, smooth.

-AB WHEEL-
    6x2...sort of.
    NO...never again, not right now at least. Maybe when I'm lighter, but dang these suck in the arms more than the abs.

-PLANKS-
    Tried something a bit different since I don't like planks but I have to do them more often.
    40 seconds plank, 40 seconds on all 4's squeezing abs as hard as possible.
    30 seconds plank, 30 seconds on all 4's squeezing abs as hard as possible.
    20 seconds plank, 20 seconds on all 4's squeezing abs as hard as possible.
    10 seconds plank, 10 seconds upward dog squeezing midsection, 10 seconds downward dog squeezing midsection, 10 seconds plank.
    My wife and I bought the P90X a while back for cheap on craigslist and the Yoga and Stretching DVD's are pretty much my favorite ones. We didn't complete it, but we're going to incorporate the Yoga and Stetch DVD's on our days off work at home.

Overall the workout felt good. Pretty happy with today. Diet is on today, good stuff.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Looks good Mark. A lot of people love skull crushers. They have a sweet name and give you a killer burn.

Way to get back at it!!!

TJW
    Good job getting back to the weights. That is a crazy session though with a ton of work if that was all in one trip to the gym! And I thought I had high volume...

Holy crap...you're possessed - lol
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!