Page 17 of 111 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Damnit! So..I was laying here....told you my mind was running in 5th gear...thinking about what I'd changed lately about diet. Nothing...except I added tic tacs...a boat load of them in fact. Not...NOT a good idea. I've seen some websites that say .5 carb per piece...ok that's not bad but let's do the math... .5g/piece x 60 pcs (the big pack) equals 30g carbohydrates, now let's say I've eaten 4 of the big packs, 60pcs, each at .5g carbs...screw me six ways from Sunday. 120g carbs. I knew it was too good to be true.
    Yeah you gotta watch these things, sugar free gum and splenda add up real quick too. For ever 26 grams of splenda you use you're taking in 24g of carbs. It's easy to unawaringly use 30 or 40 grams of splenda in a day if you taken in a lot of oats or something else you regularly sweeten... until you realize the extra carbs cals. I really wish it was mandated that nutrition facts not round and state exactly what they have and also not list portions so small that they can get away with listing 0 carbs or calories or claim damn near it.

Anyway, awesome PR on the weight drop brother. And that atlas stone is sick... I want one!
    Last edited by Behemoth; 06-02-2010 at 06:12 AM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Yeah you gotta watch these things, sugar free gum and splenda add up real quick too. For ever 26 grams of splenda you use you're taking in 24g of carbs. It's easy to unawaringly use 30 or 40 grams of splenda in a day if you taken in a lot of oats or something else you regularly sweeten... until you realize the extra carbs cals. I really wish it was mandated that nutrition facts not round and state exactly what they have and also not list portions so small that they can get away with listing 0 carbs or calories or claim damn near it.

Anyway, awesome PR on the weight drop brother. And that atlas stone is sick... I want one!
    I agree, I wish they would make them put exactly what was in the product instead of pretty much whatever they want. I really blows.

I spent Wednesday at a water park, had a lot of fun there. Got home and was tired, cooked, went to bed. Thursday I spent making my platform in the garage for the atlas stone. That felt like a workout in itself. Everything came together really well, except it may a touch too high. I'm thinking of keeping it that height, since I wanted one high, and making another one about 10 inches lower.

-Friday Upper Body workout-
    BENCH PRESS w/PAUSE AT BOTTOM
    165 x 5 x 5

BENCH PRESS WIDE GRIP
    140 x 5 x 5

BENCH PRESS CLOSE GRIP
    140 x 5 x 5

INCLINE BENCH PRESS
    145 x 5 x 5

ZOTTMAN CURLS
    30 x 8 x 3

CABLE CHEST PULLS
    97.5 x 10 x 3

GLUTE HAM RAISES
    I put a foam yoga type mat on the bar, it velcroed so it worked out well, lowered the bar as far as it would go, put weight on it to keep it down, and did them here. It worked...so heres to improvising to get the workout done.
    BW x 6 x 2

BACK EXTENSIONS w/MEDICINE BALL SLAMS
    I took a 15lb medicine ball while on the hammer strength back extension, and slammed it at the bottom, picked it up, went over the head as I came up on the back extension, down, slammed it, etc. Was a decent little workout.
    15lb ball x 40
    BW Back extensions x 20

BIKE x 10minutes
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

House Lannister
    Damnit! So..I was laying here....told you my mind was running in 5th gear...thinking about what I'd changed lately about diet. Nothing...except I added tic tacs...a boat load of them in fact. Not...NOT a good idea. I've seen some websites that say .5 carb per piece...ok that's not bad but let's do the math... .5g/piece x 60 pcs (the big pack) equals 30g carbohydrates, now let's say I've eaten 4 of the big packs, 60pcs, each at .5g carbs...screw me six ways from Sunday. 120g carbs. I knew it was too good to be true.
    I know exactly how you feel, Mark. Before I was counting calories on Fitday, I would absolutely binge on gumballs. Seriously, I would go to Sam's, buy the big 850 piece pack of gumballs (for refilling gumball machines) and just snarf on them all day. That huge pack was gone in two weeks. Not kidding. It's amazing how many calories and carbs those damn little candies can have.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Damn that's a lot of benching. Glad the atlas platform seems to be working out. I wanna see some video of you in action lol.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

TJW
    Good work Mark! That's some great benching!

Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes View Post
    Damn that's a lot of benching. Glad the atlas platform seems to be working out. I wanna see some video of you in action lol.
    Heck yeah man. I did some stone work today but that platform just feels too high. It's about 55 inches, I'm thinking about taking it down 10 inches. I'll get some video up of different atlas stone works I do.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    I know exactly how you feel, Mark. Before I was counting calories on Fitday, I would absolutely binge on gumballs. Seriously, I would go to Sam's, buy the big 850 piece pack of gumballs (for refilling gumball machines) and just snarf on them all day. That huge pack was gone in two weeks. Not kidding. It's amazing how many calories and carbs those damn little candies can have.
    I just don't get it. Why does the FDA allow this? Doesn't Europe or some place make companies put exactly what is in their food down to the .01? I wish the FDA would do more, and talk less about regulating crap. They complain about the obesity in the country but damn, if they made companies put exactly what was in their products that'd help us who are trying to help ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorman2k6 View Post
    Good work Mark! That's some great benching!
    Thanks Gman. I wish it was great benching, but I'm so pathetically weak when it comes to benching. I don't really understand how my body as a whole can be strong, i.e. dead lifts, squats, other lifts, but my bench is pathetic. I'm going to get it up (that's what she said) anyway and work on getting stronger there.

-Saturday afternoon delight-
    ATLAS STONE LIFTING to platform
    stone x 5 x 3

ATLAS STONE SQUATS from lap to chest
    stone x 5 x 2

Basketball in Hell
    10 minutes
    Wanna know a great cardio workout I discovered today? 98 degrees outside, go play basketball in a sun bathed area of the driveway with no shoes on. I promise you won't stop moving, even if it's just running in place to keep your feet from melting off.

Notes: I got 5 hours of sleep today, but feel pretty good. I have a 14 hour day today at work. Guy from TXU came out and installed an iThermostat. It's pretty sweet actually. I can control the temp from anywhere that has an internet connection, and monitor all things a/c related. They do have authorization to cut our A/C off for no more than 10 minutes a day during peak times, but in the long run that saves money by keeping power stations from pulling in so much electricity, it keeps their running costs down, thus keeping ours down. Plus, the thermostat will drop to the desired temp before being cycled, and if we're really that concerned, we can override the cycle and make it not shut off. But in all honesty...I don't care if they cycle it or not. We live in a smaller area, so I doubt there will be much peak time cycles out here.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

I'm so pathetically weak when it comes to benching. I don't really understand how my body as a whole can be strong, i.e. dead lifts, squats, other lifts, but my bench is pathetic. I'm going to get it up (that's what she said) anyway and work on getting stronger there.
    Haha I feel you there. I'm the same way. However, I think the biggest problem is in comparing ourselves to the majority of lifters (most of them having spent far greater time/focus on the ego lift than squats/deads). THEY are the weird ones, not us!
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

awesome effort here I'm jealous I want an Atlas stone
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamo View Post
    awesome effort here I'm jealous I want an Atlas stone
    Thanks for the comments, if you're ever in Texas, we'll have to make you one up and send it back with you.

Todays Workout
    -Squat Pyramid-
    Bar x 5
    135 x 5
    225 x 5
    255 x 4
    275 x 2
    315 x 1
    275 x 2
    255 x 4
    225 x 5
    135 x 20 Ok so the pyramid is huge at the bottom, fine. I did 5 reps, without going ATF, and it felt amazingly better. So, I did 5 more, rested a few, then did 5 more, took a quick breath, and pushed 5 more out. I know it's light weight, but my first 20 rep squat, after lifting heavy felt good.

After squats I did some cardio. Honestly I didn't feel like lifting much anything else.
    -Bike-
    30 minutes 10 miles
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

TJW
    Excellent squatting Mark! I don't blame you for not wanting to do anything else after the squatting.

Banned
    sweet stuff in here. Thinking about getting any other implements?

Banned
    looking great in here mark. how has the weight movement been the past week?

doesnt that splenda/ticktack thing just piss you off? i have been getting angry at the world thinking about it -- lol. i mean... cane sugar is 1g = 4 cals. why the hell would i want splenda if it was the same ratio? it has a drastically inferior taste to cane sugar. im just going to stick with plain personally and save those cals for oatmeal

I was 317.8 before carb days, I was 320 Saturday, was happy about that. I'll probably weigh in after I wake up later today, or Tuesday afternoon.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Eh I almost forgot, I pulled some on my lunch break
    135 x 10
    225 x 5
    265 x 5
    315 x 4
    365 x 3
    395 x 2
    405 x 2
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    very nice man, the weight is def moving, your diet must be looking great. very nice deads too.. im really surprised you have such a disparity in your pressing and pulling

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    very nice man, the weight is def moving, your diet must be looking great. very nice deads too.. im really surprised you have such a disparity in your pressing and pulling
    It really sucks. My thoughts on this are; I've been large all my life, I played football, soccer, and baseball growing up, stuck with baseball and football through high school, so naturally, running with 330+ pounds 5 days a week, I guess that would have to build up leg muscles and such just to carry me. I rarely did any benching in high school. Our coaches were more on GPP than the amount of weights we lifted, and for our group it worked well, went 15-0 sophomore year 5A state champs. After high school, I worked in a warehouse, lifting heavy metals and such all day long with my legs and back, still....no pushing hardly at all, if I did, I just used my body weight like I did in football to get things to move. It's only until recently that I've taken interest in my bench press. It's just a theory, but it seems logical at least.

I went ahead and weighed this morning after work, before sleep. 319, after I weighed I took a massive leak, and I was wearing a shirt and undies when I weighed so I'm estimating low 318 actual weight, but I didn't worry with it, 319 is definitely good for a morning weight. Hopefully....with that morning weigh in under 320, I will never see 320 again in my life.

PS; keep in mind I work deep nights, my morning weight would be your evening weight, after eating, drinking, and everything else. I'll wake up this afternoon, have a good pee, and weigh again.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

I weighed today, but I honestly don't remember what it was. I was half asleep. I'm going to weigh again when I wake up tomorrow and check things out, ha. Tonight I'm taking it easy. Probably going to do some complexes on my lunch, light weight, 6-8 rep range, just for some cardio. I don't feel like treadmill or bike stuff tonight. Gonna do some research on some more full body movements for the complex. I'm thinking burpees, turkish get ups, maybe light weight deads? We'll see.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Good solid quick work out, was moving quite a bit the whole time, felt good.
    -Cable Chest Pulls-
    100lbs x 10 x 2

-Front Raises-
    45lbs x 8 x 3

-1 Arm Dumbbell Press-
    55lb x 5 x 2 Each Arm

-Barbell Shrugs-
    135lbs x 8 x 3

-One Leg Deadlifts-
    135 x 6 x 2 Right Leg
    135 x 6 x 2 Left Leg
    I did these with barbells today for the first time, it's a whole lot harder than doing them with dumbbells that's for sure.

-Burpees-
    35lbs x 6 x 3
    These were brutal, as usual. On the first set I didn't do a press, last set I did, good stuff that's for sure.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Tons of activity going on in here, very impressive!

Keep at it and sub 300 is gonna be yours soon man..

Oh and I know what you mean about mints etc. I grabbed some the other day as I wanted to mask protein breath and after eating a bunch I then checked the calories and there were a ton of sugary carbs in them lol....

Stay true to the plan man and good work!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

TJW
    Great work lately Mark! Keep up the good work!

Weight today...316.4! new 2010 low. I don't want to get overly hyped by I seriously think I'm out of 320 forever, we'll see how the next week goes but my goal weight for this carb cycle was 314 with a refeed to 318.

I built another stone last night, which again took up my workout space but in all honesty...it's a workout in itself. I put some red concrete color in it, it turned out auburn....it's ok. It's going to a friend of mine, he's trading me a 400lb tire for a stone, which is a sweet deal for me. Alls well. Plan on doing some stone work later tonight, and some dumbbell complexes.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Good deal man. The gym coming together has got to be exciting. 316.4 is great dude. Kiss those 320's goodbye!
    Lifting Journal

Great work mate, keep it up and as fd said, the 320's are behind you and sub 300 ain't that far away!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Did a good hot workout in the garage with the stones today. First real structured work out with the stones, all went well. I bought a horse stall mat at the local tractor supply, 3/4 thick 4ft x 6 ft rubber mat for the floor at the stones. I'm going to buy about 3 more to put on the floor, with a plywood subfloor in the future for stones and dead lifts, I'll leave just a rubber mat for the bench and squat since there won't be much weight getting thrown down there.

-Stones-
    180 x 5 x 5 Lap and Lift

Video of last set of 5, lap and lift.

180 x 6 x 2 Lap and Load with Twist
    Here's a few of the ones I did. I edited out most of them, simply because there was far too much ass crack, you can't sample a bit, but you can thank me later for editing.

180 x 4 x 1 Walk Ups - I wanted to try something different, so I moved the stone closer to a 3 inch ledge in my garage, lifted it, squated, and walked it to the platform. Really felt it in my core, keeping everything tight.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Awesome dude! That looks like a blast haha. Glad to see you being able to make use of that home gym.
    Lifting Journal