Page 20 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Hell...

Totally insane stuff there bro, lol.

Banned
    first off that is a preposterous workout, i bet youre still smoked from that. thats another excellent weigh in... you really might be sub 300 by the 4th of july at this rate.. youre shedding lbs FAST.. as far as not sleeping, sometimes ill discover something that pisses me off immensely just before bed and it will prevent me from sleeping because my mind will wander and i will obsess about it. a way ive found to beat that is to concentrate on my breathing. i will actively listen to each breath... actively listening to the breathing will prevent me from thinking about whatever BS has happened and allow me to relax and finally fall asleep... just a suggestion

Thanks a lot guys. I haven't been feeling well the past two days, feeling slow and sluggish, my head is stopped up and just feeling weak. I slept pretty good last night until about 2am, then fell back asleep around 8am, so I'm pretty well rested. Gonna incorporate a lot of cardio this week for sure. I'd like to get in at least 4 hours of cardio before Monday.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Felt better after waking up, still a little stuffy but it's all good.
    -Bench Press-
    135 x 10
    155 x 5
    180 x 3 x 5
    155 x 5
    135 x 10

-Wide Grip-
    155 x 10, 5, 3

-Close Grip-
    155 x 3 x 5

-Hammer Curls-
    35 x 8 x 3

-Cable Chest Pulls-
    105 x 8 x 3

-Straight Arm Pulldowns-
    55 x 8 x 3

-Military Press-
    135 x 4 x 2

-Skull Crushers-
    75 x 6 x 2

-Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Rows-
    2pps x 6 x 2
    3pps x 6 x 2

-Eliptical-
    15 Mins High Intensity

-Bike-
    15 Mins moderate pace
    Total Cardio=30 minutes, looking for another 30 tonight on lunch.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Garage Lifter
    Solid bench work Mark!
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Quote Originally Posted by StLRPh View Post
    Solid bench work Mark!
    Thank ya brother man. I feel my bench progressing a little bit, hopefully.

Cardio on lunch break!
    -Treadmill-
    30 minutes, roughly 15 minutes HIIT and 15 minutes inclined at steady pace.

15 dragon flags
    8 burpees
    15 dragon flags

-AND DONE-

Physically feeling better today. I know my weight is way up, so I'm going to not weigh in until possibly my next refeed, in which I'll learn to incorporate some good carbs, instead of 10 pounds of junk and crap foods. My cycle goes great, workouts go great, I see a lot of progress, but come refeed time I go all crazy and stuff, gotta tweak some things there and get portions down. We'll get it. I'll see 300 by September at least.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    september??? youve gone from 323 on 5/25 to 313 a few days ago. you will break 300 far sooner than that.....a conservative rate of loss for you over the past month is like 1/4lb per day.. actual including potential bloat is 2/5lb per day. dont undershoot yourself. keeping portions under control and cleaning up the refeeds would be very good.. but clearly what youre doing is working anyway.. personally.. i would hang onto the refeeds as they are as long as you can. i dont know how far you want to take your cut.... but save the clean for when its really needed imo

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    september??? youve gone from 323 on 5/25 to 313 a few days ago. you will break 300 far sooner than that.....a conservative rate of loss for you over the past month is like 1/4lb per day.. actual including potential bloat is 2/5lb per day. dont undershoot yourself. keeping portions under control and cleaning up the refeeds would be very good.. but clearly what youre doing is working anyway.. personally.. i would hang onto the refeeds as they are as long as you can. i dont know how far you want to take your cut.... but save the clean for when its really needed imo

Good advice. Going all out early is almost surefire way to burn yourself out physically and more important mentally. I heed this gradual harder dieting with regards to how clean, how strict, how much (obviously) as well as cardio intensity and duration, and that mentality also extends to supplementation with stims waiting for only the final days. Don't change it if it isn't broke because you're antsy, and always try to keep a weapon or two at your disposal, whether that be the ability for a lower carb day, an hiit session, or a stimulant.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Thanks man. I always feel worse after weighing about a refeed, stupidly enough, but as usual you're right there to bring me back to reality. I appreciate it. I'm going to try and run this cycle down in to the 280's at least, if it's still giving results I'm going to run it in to the 260's, where I want to be. I'd like to get to 240 and maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Good advice. Going all out early is almost surefire way to burn yourself out physically and more important mentally. I heed this gradual harder dieting with regards to how clean, how strict, how much (obviously) as well as cardio intensity and duration, and that mentality also extends to supplementation with stims waiting for only the final days. Don't change it if it isn't broke because you're antsy, and always try to keep a weapon or two at your disposal, whether that be the ability for a lower carb day, an hiit session, or a stimulant.
    Thanks B. I gotta be careful, there are days even now where I'm feeling a bit burnt out, but it's easy to push through so far.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

-Complex-
    Romanian Deadlifts
    Cleans
    Military Press
    Burpees
    (All done with 95lbs, 6x3)

-Core Rotation w/Cables-
    6x4/each side w/47.5lbs on the stack

-Dragon Flags-
    15x2

-Bike-
    36 minutes moderate pace
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Did a quick workout on my lunch, felt really good to do some things I haven't done in a good lil while.
    -Bench Dips w/45lb plate in my lap-
    10 x 3
    -Fat Man Pullups-
    10 x 3
    -Skull Crushers-
    65lbs x 10 x 3
    -Back Extensions-
    25lb plate x 10 x 3
    -Cable Crunches-
    47.5lbs x 10 x 3
    -Dragon Flags-
    10 x 3
    -Farmers Walk-
    65lb Dumbbells each hand x about 80 feet
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Looks nice for both days Mark.

Thanks Coke, much appreciated.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Squat Day
    Bar x some
    135 x 10
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    245 x 4
    295 x 3 x 3
    Notes: Oh wow squats felt great tonight. I had to lower the safety pins because I was hitting DEEP depth on the lighter weights. On 295's I went to parallel, or what felt to be there, and still felt great. Squats feeling great again all around, like they used to. I think I may have been over training my squats.

-Front Squats-
    135 x 6
    155 x 5 x 3
    My form is so horribad on these I just switched to full Zercher squats on 155. I gotta find something to do on front squats, bad form, not feeling comfortable with it, and I can't just keep doing zerchers, especially for reps once I get to heavier sets for reps.

-Leg Extensions-
    100 x 10 x 3
    I caught myself looking at my thighs and shins on these, seeing definition there makes me happy. These felt light and good.

-Leg Curls-
    140 x 8 x 3

-Leg Press-
    320 x 8 x 3
    First 2 sets felt rough, adjusted my stance, went a bit wider more towards squat width and felt great on last set. Push a bit at the top to get a calf workout in.

-One Leg Deadlift-
    65 x 4 x 4 each leg
    Really worked on coming all the way up on each rep, getting a good stretch.

-Stairclimber-
    5 minutes. I've determined our stairclimber is on crack. It's on a track, has feet like an eliptical, and two arms for a full body work out like an eliptical. When I worked out at 24 hr fitness I enjoyed the stairclimber because it was more like steps rolling out under your feet. I feel like I'm stepping up 3 steps at a time on the one we have here.

-Bike-
    15 minutes, did 3 miles HIIT. Was up to 160 RPM at one point, averaged about 90.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

-25 Minutes Treadmill-
    3.2 speed/3.0 incline
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    workouts look good, 'specially the squats and circuits... i know that stairclimber youre talking about.. not a fan. i like the ones with the moving stairs best as well

Super leg session man.

TJW
    Great work lately Mark! Tons of work and tons of cardio! Keep up the hard work!

workouts look good, 'specially the squats and circuits... i know that stairclimber youre talking about.. not a fan. i like the ones with the moving stairs best as well
    Yeah the moving stairs are a lot better, just feels more natural of course. I'm going to just start walking up and down stairs at work instead of this horrible thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Super leg session man.
    Thanks man, felt good.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorman2k6 View Post
    Great work lately Mark! Tons of work and tons of cardio! Keep up the hard work!
    Yup, tons of cardio, seeing the scale move a lot more, and I feel like my strength is staying at least within the ballpark, I don't want to lose a ton of strength, but I'm more than willing to compromise a bit for the sake of meeting my weight goals, and then building back up.

Today I had planned on getting a solid deadlift workout in, but...life intervened. My Ford Taurus has been acting like crap lately, as it has been for the past 8 months. We've had a catalytic converter changed because I was told it was clogged, several valves and sensors I've changed out, well today I pulled the throttle body off and holy crap that sucker was dirty! I was just spraying it from the outside, wiping as I could, and the outside got to looking pretty good, then I opened the butterfly valve and wow, it was 3 times as bad as the outside. I ended up pulling it all the way off the car and cleaning the crap out of it. I mowed the yard today too. That was about as much of a workout I got today. The yard looks good, the car is running 80% better, will get better gas mileage, AND...

I called the bank today to get some information on our auto loan for the upcoming purchase. They wouldn't finance me alone because of my lack of credit, however my wife has spotless credit, bought a car, and had this house in her name before we got married, so with her on there, we got approved and because of the amount they're approving, we're going to go pick up the Excursion later today. I'm too excited to even sleep. I'm glad we found the low mileage one that we did for a great price, one owner, taken very good care of. It's a 2003 4x4 Ford Excursion V10.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    grats man, that excursion is hot business! i'm a sucker for the big trucks.

House Lannister
    Holy hell Mark you can do dragon flags? That's quite a feat at your weight!

Serious vehicle dude, props.

Banned
    bump. did you take a road trip or what

Well yes...and no. I've been doing a lot of work in the garage here lately. Sweating my ass off out there, my body just doesn't feel up to doing anything else afterwards. Diet has been loose, not sloppy, but loose. I've maintained so far. I guess I took this week off you could say? I just feel SO much better after resting more, but in the same getting work done around the house, plus tinkering with the new ride and such. We're going up to Oklahoma Wednesday for a day trip to the mountains, will be fun. Next Friday I'm scheduled back in the weights. I feel 111000% better after taking it easy lifting wise. Ready to do it all over again.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Garage Lifter
    deloads are nice
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988