Page 21 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Hell...

Oklahoma? Mountains? Does NOT compute!

Well, let me rephrase. See...I'm from Texas, we don't have mountains...not real mountains anyway, we have LARGE hills...so to us...hell that's a mountain. So...Oklahoma has the "Arbuckle Mountains", another souther type mountain-esque land form if you will...so that's where I'm headed, haha.

Weight holding steady just under 320, feeling great. Looking thinner than before actually, so don't know what that's all about. Feeling refreshed, limber, energized and pathetically playful and awesome.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

- After I thought about it, I figured there might have been a small area of the Ozarks in Oklahoma that you might of been heading to. Have fun!

Good work on everything buddy, especially just managing everything to keep this lifestyle change up.

Deloads feel great huh? I now have one every 6 weeks or so to keep me feeling fresh and the difference it has made to me in terms of not being injured is amazing.

You say your weight is steady? Why do you think that is? You going to make any changes?

keep it up!!!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Banned
    ok the holiday is over, bump!

buuuuuuuuuuuump

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Get the F back in here!
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

HAHA, I've slumped on the log. I've been doing some work on the truck, playing with things, getting it stuck in the mud, good fun. Sweating my ass off in the garage, has actually helped, like a suana. Weight has come back up a little, but with the way the metabolism seems to be moving along, should see some rapid and great loss the next few weeks. I'm going to push hard, and keep the diet clean, but not restrict like I have been. I want to maintain, right now for me that's my plan. We've got family vacations after vacations coming up, and I want to relax a bit. Will continue high volume workouts, high cardio sessions, along with added strongman routines. I'll get back in to logging my work stuffs on here though fellas.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Sounds good man. Enjoy the vacations. I know I have been and will continue to do so
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Where you at buddy?

Holy Crap. Well, I'm a loser. I gotta get my ass back on track. I've gained I don't know how much weight back. I hate this crap. Ever since the cruise I've been lazy and a slacker. So, plan for this? Not taking any more vacations until I meet the goals. I'm shifting things around, going for the low fat diet approach hitting calories instead of no carbs, it drove me insane doing that every week. So, to all of you, I apologize for going back to my fat lazy ways, and to myself, you disgust me again. This is the 3rd time back up on the horse, maybe it's a charm, we'll see. Gonna hit the workouts cardio heavy to get weight moving. After I see steady weight loss after a month or so I'll start in some more strength work, but I have to recognize what number 1 goal, to not be a fat ass forever, and take the appopriate steps to get there, which is cardio and diet, cardio and diet, and some more cardio and diet. I want to deadlift and squat for reps because that's such a great body workout, and do tabatas and such. I have to utilize atlas stones and tire flipping at home for now, with cardio, I have a great .80 mile block I live on that's great for running, has dirt, and concrete.
    Weight:350****ing something
    Last edited by Mark!; 08-20-2010 at 10:12 PM.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

No thang man, stoked to see u get rolling with this and your strongman **** again. We all fall off the wagon getting back on is where its important.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Hit some cardio today on lunch. 25 mins treadmill, 5 min stair climber, 10 mins bike. Tried keeping it light tonight, easing my body back in to the gig. I need to compose some cardio heavy workouts, anyone have any suggestions?
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Garage Lifter
    glad to see you're back at it Mark, good luck!
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Banned
    ahh finally part of AM crew returns

nice to see you back mark

Welcome back Mark!

Thanks guys, it's good to be back for sure. Made contact with a friend of mine I was working out with before, they do a lot of non conventional workouts, tires, kettlebells, sledge hammers and stuff. Looking forward to hitting it hard out there again. Will be heavy cardio work until tuesday night, then will be bag work, cardio, and weights. Gonna drag my 11 year old along hopefully and get him in to this.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Glad to see you're back, now SFW!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Thanks guys, it's good to be back for sure. Made contact with a friend of mine I was working out with before, they do a lot of non conventional workouts, tires, kettlebells, sledge hammers and stuff. Looking forward to hitting it hard out there again. Will be heavy cardio work until tuesday night, then will be bag work, cardio, and weights. Gonna drag my 11 year old along hopefully and get him in to this.
    Mark why are trying to hit everything so hard and heavy. Hit the weights hard but apart from that whats the urgency of losing the weight? IMO when the mentality of 'get there quick' it only sets up rebounds. In all reality maintaining a leaner bodyfat/weight than one is dieting from is flat out unachievable by dieting and thinking that the diet will at some point "be over". It won't. You have to take it slow enough that when you get there, wherever youre going, that transitioning into a normal maintainable lifestyle is really barely a transition at all. And the only way to do that is have a very gradual approach that almost doesn't feel like dieting... basically lifestyle changes that produce consistent weightloss.

Just be careful with the heavy cardio work attitude. Every action has an equal and opposite is quite applicable to dieting. Logging my last cut very carefully and going over it in detail a direct correlation can be drawn from everytime I deviated from my diet, to a prior time pushing too hard. Don't push yourself, coax yourself.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Mark why are trying to hit everything so hard and heavy. Hit the weights hard but apart from that whats the urgency of losing the weight? IMO when the mentality of 'get there quick' it only sets up rebounds. In all reality maintaining a leaner bodyfat/weight than one is dieting from is flat out unachievable by dieting and thinking that the diet will at some point "be over". It won't. You have to take it slow enough that when you get there, wherever youre going, that transitioning into a normal maintainable lifestyle is really barely a transition at all. And the only way to do that is have a very gradual approach that almost doesn't feel like dieting... basically lifestyle changes that produce consistent weightloss.

Just be careful with the heavy cardio work attitude. Every action has an equal and opposite is quite applicable to dieting. Logging my last cut very carefully and going over it in detail a direct correlation can be drawn from everytime I deviated from my diet, to a prior time pushing too hard. Don't push yourself, coax yourself.
    I'm not really trying to lose the weight quick anymore. When I was carb cycling the weight flew off, I was worried about maintenance afterwards, which ended up a failure. I see what you're saying, I've been there several times before and I'm trying to avoid that. My main goal, is to get on a good solid diet that I can keep when I reach my goals. I want a good clean diet that's do-able. Looking at a slow, low fat approach this time with gradual weight loss. On the workout side, I guess I've always gone hard and heavy, as I don't know any better. I always feel like I'm not doing enough, like I haven't put in enough effort if I don't come out sore and drenched in sweat after every workout. I still plan on hitting the weights as usual, but I wanted to add in twice as much cardio as before, I really slacked on it in the past and before I've had great success making it a more 50/50 weight/cardio split.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Today did 30 mins jogging on the tread mill. Felt good. Tomorrow gonna do cardio/complexes. Wednesday morning have a 2 mile walk planned with the wife, will do some stone and tire work then too. Trying to hit 2200 cals/day, that's damn hard.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    yeah... but what do you want your final goal to be? what do you really want out of everything?

My final goal is to be 6'1, 250lbs and look solid, with functional strength, and maintain around there. I don't want to look shredded or ripped, just lose my gut and flab around my thighs. That's right now, that's what I want right now. Once I get there? Who knows, I may want to cut another 20 pounds to 230, figure hell I've lost so much already, what's 20 pounds gonna be? I completely understand what B is saying, and I think I'm setting things in motion to get there. Carb cycling was fine, but I can't keep that up year round. Right now, I'm monitoring my intake, cutting the ice cream and crap out of the diet, and making sure I get good clean foods in for all meals, veggies and fruits. I really think in the long run, that is what's going to serve me better. I'm already seeing and feeling some good progress with this diet, hopefully it will continue.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Todays work out was good. Did some tabata stuff.
    Dumbbell Swings
    DB Snatch
    Chest Press
    Military Press
    Jump Rope
    Throwing punches with bands
    Dragon Flags

15 mins elliptical
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Great to see you get back at it. I wish you all the luck in the world.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif