Page 38 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Hell...

You 20 rep guys just aren't right in the head! Seriously, that was a great effort.

Garage Lifter
    you're going to be sore tomorrow :evilclown:
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Coincidentally, I've lurked in your journal as well. You've come a long way and should be proud of yourself. Keep it up Mark! Pretty impressive 20 reppers BTW.
    Last edited by john o; 02-13-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    great effort mark. ive said it before.. 20 rep anything blows. sounds like your gym is getting really comprehensive.
    I'm enjoying putting it all together and getting the things I need for the garage. Really happy with the way things are coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by SCmmaFAN View Post
    You 20 rep guys just aren't right in the head! Seriously, that was a great effort.
    Haha, 20 reps are tough, but I enjoy how it finishes my workout with me completely exhausted. Hell for cardio I could do sets of 20 rep squats at a light weight for speed.

Quote Originally Posted by StLRPh View Post
    you're going to be sore tomorrow :evilclown:
    Not too sore at all today, lower back is a little tight, but not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by john o View Post
    Coincidentally, I've lurked in your journal as well. You've come a long way and should be proud of yourself. Keep it up Mark! Pretty impressive 20 reppers BTW.
    Thanks John! Really appreciate you stopping by. Still got a long long way to go.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Nice 20 rep deads Mark. That'll get you breathing hard.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Good efforts consistently in here mark. Nice dead work. Also gym sounds like its getting pretty sweet, that make take at least 2 stalls or no?
    I love having tons of options to train, I usually have 3 gyms to choose from and would build a home gym and probably join two more if I could afford it lol. Its gotta be so nice on somedays to just have it all right there,sometimes its motivating to get there in front of people and show them you're progressing and your hard wokr and its more motivating when you're pretty much just alone with just you and the weight.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Good efforts consistently in here mark. Nice dead work. Also gym sounds like its getting pretty sweet, that make take at least 2 stalls or no?
    I love having tons of options to train, I usually have 3 gyms to choose from and would build a home gym and probably join two more if I could afford it lol. Its gotta be so nice on somedays to just have it all right there,sometimes its motivating to get there in front of people and show them you're progressing and your hard wokr and its more motivating when you're pretty much just alone with just you and the weight.
    Thanks Rory. I get those feelings of wanting to be around people from time to time while working out, and I have access to our work gym, I just got tired of waiting on people to finish their conversation on the bench before I could use it. Happened too many times, got tired of repeating myself. I'll go in there for deadlift and squat days, bench day I stay at home for now, haha, not much to show there.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

No sleep at all today, had floor company out to the house to install floors, everything went well. Just not well for the sleep. At work now, will squat tomorrow night, and bench the following night.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Working without sleep sux!!!
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Working without sleep sux!!!
    Yes, yes it does. Luckily, it's only an 8 hour shift tonight since I'm comping out at midnight and heading for the house. Wife keeps sending pics of the floors, they really look good, I'll have to take some pics with the good camera and send them here.
    Sidenote: Tooth is slightly bothering me these past few days, wife insists that I get in and have it taken care of ASAP, but...I'll likely wait until it just becomes too much to bare. Right now, it's nothing a few excederin can't handle. For anyone who has wisdom teeth that are coming in sideways, get them all taken out at once, doing 1 here and 1 there, sucks.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Congratulations on the new floors. We had some flooring installed 1.5 years ago and it just made the house 5x better.

Also, I was afraid when I was about the tooth problem you were going to refer to your sideways wisdom teeth. I'm so thankful mine are gone now.

Yeah man I'm not 110% sure that's the problem, but I figured most of the dental crap I've had lately has stemmed from that area. My mouth is jacked up, but seems to work it's way out. Had a tooth pulled when I was younger, it got broke during a baseball game, my wisdom tooth stood up and pushed my teeth forward, filling the gap and making my teeth normal on that side, dentist said that's common at a young age. Same side lower jaw, wisdom tooth caused a tooth to crack due to pressure, removed it, now that same tooth stood up and is filling the gap, so in the end, hopefully I'll only have one to remove, which is the lower right side, that is hurting right now. No gaps for it to fill on that side though, haha. I'm gonna break down and actually go before it gets too bad this time.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

How many wisdom teeth do you have left?

Technically 3, but 2 have taken the spot of regular teeth, 1 that is a problem child. It shall soon see its demise.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Don't forget to put it under your pillow

Lowly update: Still feeling like crap, have had this pounding headache for the past 2 days with a pulsating feeling in my jaw. Hurts to talk or chew. Sleep has been off due to pain, gotta make appointment next week to see the dentist I guess. Did a lot of cardio over the weekend with the wife, felt good getting out and running. Lifting will kick back up hopefully tonight, pending the pain.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Oh the freakin arms are wobbly now! Love it.
    DB Press-45 x 10 x 2, 55 x 8 x 2, 65 x 6 x 2, 75 x 4 x 2, 85 x 4

Lateral Raises- 25 x 10, 35 x 8 x 2, 45 x 8

Pec Fly Machine-90 x 10, 140 x 10 x 2, 170 x 10

V Bar Pulldowns-100 x 10 x 3

Tate Press 30 x 10, 40 x 10
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    looks good man

are you still doing the HCG thing?

Garage Lifter
    Go see the dentist, I had the same thing and I had to get it pulled and take antiobiotics. 3 days after the extraction I was almost 100%.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant

Nice lateral raises.

x2 go to the dentist. tell them you want sedated too it's worth it
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    looks good man

are you still doing the HCG thing?
    Appreciate it. Negative on the HCG thing. It was alright during the time but afterwards, not so much. I'll be sticking to changing my lifestyle habits and watching my intake/output, in this for the long haul again, not the short term crap.

Quote Originally Posted by StLRPh View Post
    Go see the dentist, I had the same thing and I had to get it pulled and take antiobiotics. 3 days after the extraction I was almost 100%.
    Yeah I'm gonna actually go this week. Shouldn't take too long to recover. Figure if I go Tuesday or Wednesday I'll be back to lifting by Friday at the latest, maybe even light work until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Nice lateral raises.

x2 go to the dentist. tell them you want sedated too it's worth it
    Thanks Rory. I'll have to be sedated for one of them, the one that I believe it causing all the fuss since it hasn't broken through the gumline yet, they'll have to cut down and extract it.

Thanks guys for stopping by, really appreciate it.
    Doms aren't too bad today, noticed parts of my arms are getting hard, always like feeling my arm after a few weeks and noticing different areas that are progressing, different areas of expansion and such. I've also noticed that, what I believe is my inner thigh adductor, is now noticeable as well, instead of just the outter muscles. Diggin that. Can't wait to shred the fat off my legs so that it shows non stop.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

That's great you are seeing some aesthetic improvements. Good luck with the tooth issues.

Quick little pump before going home to DL tonight, getting back in the groove of doing 2 workouts a day.

EZ Bar Curls
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    70 x 8
    70 x 8

Iso Lateral Rows
    192 x 10
    192 x 10
    282 x 8
    282 x 8

Rope Tricep Extensions
    70.5 x 10
    70.5 x 10
    70.5 x 10
    82.5 x 10
    82.5 x 9 Drop Set 62.5 x 10

That's all for now folks, update again in a few.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Nothin' but dead lifts tonight

240 x 5
    240 x 5
    240 x 5
    240 x 5
    240 x 5

280 x 3
    280 x 3

315 x 2
    315 x 2

380 x 2
    380 x 2

405 x 1 Felt ridiculously freakin' light. No hitch, no stall, no wiggle, I mean straight from the ground to lock out in one, solid, fluid, strong ass motion.

455 x 1 +40lb PR...seriously was like wtf how'd I do that ****. Pulled, wasn't as fast but it wasn't slow neither. I feel like I could have hit 465 maybe 470 at this rate but I'm saving that for next week for heavy singles week before my deload. Damnit I feel like a million bucks right now, I'm that much closer to my 500lb dead lift goal. Need to keep progressing, eventually hit my 450lb squat goal, then in the far future my 300lb bench goal. Damn I feel good.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Garage Lifter
    awesome work Mark!