The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 41 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2751

Thread: Well Hell...

Banned
    i want to try panda. you can be executed in china if you kill a panda. something must be tasty when it comes down to that

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    i want to try panda. you can be executed in china if you kill a panda. something must be tasty when it comes down to that
    Definitely, you know that ****s good. It's so good they're afraid if they allow people to eat them, they'll all be gone within a matter of days. I bet it's meat, that tastes just like chocolate, but with all the nurtitional benefits of beef and chicken combined.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Last night just did some benching, then bitching.

135 x 10
    185 x 5
    205 x 2 felt good
    225 x 2 Weight PR, sad I know...blah.
    185 x 5

Benching felt pretty good. I went to adjust the safety pins on my rack and the damn things won't move on one side. It's like the rack is bent, or the holes aren't lined up. It really sucks, all the trouble I've been having with this thing I'm damn near about to just pack it up and ship it back. I've adjusted everything on it, up down left and right. I've sent them an email regarding this and will be calling them Monday morning, and again Tuesday morning. If it's not resolved by Wednesday, it's all going back.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    I'm not a fan of egg whites...check...
    I'm not a fan of eating 800 calories upon waking up...check...
    I'm not really a huge fan of eating sweet potatos...check...
    I'm going to do it all because it's time to quit falling off the damn horse and I know I'm in confident hands and will succeed...check...
    Thanks for sharing the diet tidbits, glad to get a bird's eye view of what he proposed in the project.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Thanks for sharing the diet tidbits, glad to get a bird's eye view of what he proposed in the project.
    Breakfast: Eggs, cream of rice, grapefruit juice
    Lunch: Beef and sweet potatos
    Dinner 1: Tilapia and Sweet Potatos
    Dinner 2: Chicken and Brown Rice
    Dinner 3: Beef
    Snack: Protein Shake

So far so good. I have trouble eating so many eggs, I need ketchup or salsa on them or else I just have a hard time getting them down. Anyone have any suggestions?
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Forgot to mention, Tuesday morning I leave for Kansas City, MO to visit with family. It's gonna be a fun little trip, but I'm going to force myself to do something I haven't ever done...work out while out of town. My wife and I made sure we got a hotel with a nice gym and swimming pool (indoor). Diet will be loose, but mostly clean, will definitely include BBQ.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Did a quick pressing workout tonight, nothing fancy or too big. Felt good.
    DB Press
    55lbs x 5 x 10

65 x 5 x 3

75 x 4 x 2

85 x 3 x 1

VBar Tricep Extensions
    62.5lbs x 15
    75.5lbs x 12

Work is kind of a bummer tonight, some things going through my head, frustrating and a little disapointing to say the least. Sucks.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Garage Lifter
    2plates for 2 reps is nothing to sneeze at, nice work
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Looks like a solid diet plan that will keep the insulin spikes/dips in check. Have fun on vacation. Good to see the dedication to the training. It will pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by StLRPh View Post
    2plates for 2 reps is nothing to sneeze at, nice work
    My goal at the beginning of this year was to be able to bench 225 by the summer, so I'm happy to already have met that. Now I'm looking for 250, I'm really close to that already. I think my main issue is form and repetitions on the bench. My body isn't used to the movement and doesn't wanna always do it, so now that I've been benching every week, I feel more comfortable on the bench and getting the job done. I think it's 70% psychological.

Quote Originally Posted by john o View Post
    Looks like a solid diet plan that will keep the insulin spikes/dips in check. Have fun on vacation. Good to see the dedication to the training. It will pay off.
    This diet has been going really really well so far. I like it in the sense that if I don't like something, say egg whites, I can replace it with a macro-like food. So instead of egg whites (gag) I can eat a can of tuna instead.

thanks for stopping by guys, always enjoy it.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Wanted to hit legs before leaving for Kansas City Tuesday, so got that in on my lunch. Didn't go too heavy, low reps, had a good solid sweat inducing work out.

DL
    225 x 6
    225 x 4
    315 x 4
    365 x 2
    385 x 2
    405 x 1

Shrugs
    300 x 10 x 2

Leg Extensions
    185 x 10
    205 x 10
    225 x 8
    250 x 8 x 2

All done in about 25 minutes. Left the gym feeling a bit wobbly.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

I think I'm on this emotional roller coaster with New York Barbell. One week, I'm completely pissed at them because of something, the next they do good and I actually enjoy dealing with them. Today I talked to Darwin, he's getting everything set up for them to ship out new parts for the rack to make everything work. It's still frustrating by my experience isn't completely their fault. Fed Ex really pissed me off with the way they handled the shipment too.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

I think I'm on this emotional roller coaster with New York Barbell. One week, I'm completely pissed at them because of something, the next they do good and I actually enjoy dealing with them. Today I talked to Darwin, he's getting everything set up for them to ship out new parts for the rack to make everything work. It's still frustrating but my experience isn't completely their fault. Fed Ex really pissed me off with the way they handled the shipment too.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

That's got to be frustrating with the whole rack situation.

On a positive note, I think working with Metroflex is going to take your training to a whole new level with the routine and diet adjustments.

Nice deads and big shrugs.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by SCmmaFAN View Post
    That's got to be frustrating with the whole rack situation.

On a positive note, I think working with Metroflex is going to take your training to a whole new level with the routine and diet adjustments.
    The last time I worked out at Metroflex, man it was a blast. The atmosphere just seeps in to your core. Pumps you up and makes you feel great.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Nice deads and big shrugs.
    Thanks OR.

Made it to Kansas City in about 10 hours with a few stops. Drive wasn't too bad at all. Not much scenery, but...that's all good. We had fun. Diet today has been loose, but still not bad at all. Staying well well well within calorie restrictions. Things going good. It helps that the family members we're staying with are also dieting.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Garage Lifter
    KC is a really cool town, enjoy the bbq and the crazy ass weather
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Haha, freaking snow on the ground when we got here, amazing. Nothing like having a snow ball fight in March. KC is a pretty sweet town, love the old architecture and fountains, pretty sweet stuff. The gym here is alright, quite a few cardio machines and dumbbells up to 50lbs, which was about what I was expecting. Did some swimming tonight, whirlpool was nice, and will do a lot of walking tomorrow. Planning on doing some work with DB's tomorrow, and cardio tomorrow night. Feeling pretty good.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

KC is a great town. Have a good time Mark! Good job getting some work in. That was a solid 25 minute session. Treat yourself to a cigar at Diebel's.
    Last edited by john o; 03-15-2011 at 11:57 PM.

KC is a great town. Have a good time Mark! Good job getting some work in. That was a solid 25 minute session. Treat yourself to a cigar at Diebel's.
    Haha, if I was here by myself, very likely. However, got the boys and wife with me. She suffered through the Cuban when we were in Mexico, figured I won't make her suffer here. Did stop by Gates BBQ and oh lord was it some amazing stuff. So good. I took it light the rest of the day. Had half a rack of ribs and a burnt end sandwich, it's the ends of the brisket, slightly burnt, it was very very good. For dinner half a small plate of wheat bow tie pasta with chicken and a big salad with ranch. Swam again tonight, felt really good. Ready to get back to the garage and lifting heavy again.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Reading that made me want to jump in my car for a KC road trip! I live in St. Louis and we have a crew that goes down for a weekend every year.

BBQ sounds awesome!
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

KC BBQ!!! If it is 1/2 as good as they claim then you must be in a food paradise! I'm full of envy.

Reading that made me want to jump in my car for a KC road trip! I live in St. Louis and we have a crew that goes down for a weekend every year.
    We wanted to go to St. Louis but didn't have the time to travel all the way across MO to get there this time. Next time if it's just the wife and I, we're planning on flying. My fly to StL and then rent a car and drive to KC. The town is a pretty awesome town, lots of old style buildings and homes, love that look. My wifes cousin is moving in to this huge 3 story antique type home in May, so that'll be pretty cool getting to hang out there for a while next trip. Definitely enjoyed the trip, looking forward to our return trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    BBQ sounds awesome!
    It was delicious. Very good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SCmmaFAN View Post
    KC BBQ!!! If it is 1/2 as good as they claim then you must be in a food paradise! I'm full of envy.
    Haha, it was all as good as they claim it to be. Man it was awesome. All I had was half rack of ribs and a burnt end (the ends of the brisket) sandwich, and it was delicious.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

We got home at about 2am Friday morning. I was tired and just wanted my sleep. I was dissapointed that I didn't have the other end of my squat rack, but was too tired to fuss about it.

I did get some pretty bad news while in in KC. My mom, who as most of you know who've read my journal, has been struggling with her heart failure, kidney failure, and diabetes. The nurse called me Wednesday afternoon and said that Mom has taken a turn for the worst. Her kidneys are shutting down, her heart is shutting down, and the diabetes is taking a huge toll on her body. So, with all of this going on, they decided the best curse of action would be to just put her on hospice, and just make her as comfortable as possible. She's refusing any treatment for her kidneys or anything else. She's still 100% there mentally, so there's nothing else we can do as far as further treatments since she's refusing to accept them. I think she's tired. It's been a long, hard battle with the wounds from poor circulation, and heart failure, now the kidneys. It really sucks, but it's life. I'm furtunate to have my wife, who's stood by me endlessly and put up with these emotional roller coaster I've been on these past few days. Without her, I'd be in a world of hurt.

On a lighter note...Friday the replacement part of the squat rack came. Put it together, and a few adjustments later, I now have a fully functioning squat rack. The safety pins glide smoothly across on both ends now. Makes me happy. Hopefully will find some time to get in a workout after work tonight. Oh, and on this vacation, I lost .2lbs. Which makes me very happy considering my past track record of vacations usually end my diet in its tracks.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May